• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Business

Love that video. WRC definitely deserves more attention and support than it's gotten lately. Such an incredible discipline.

Agree. It's unfortunate that given its own nature the TV coverage is so inconvenient.

EDIT: Just actually watched the video now. Bittersweet to see the ones that are forever gone. At 00:43 when Panizzi does the 360 I was actually just a few hundred meters away from it.

Omiee

1. Everyone likes Webber. Not everyone likes Vettel.
2. Webber's handsome.
3. Weren't you coming around to Webber? What happened?

I still like webber, im still rooting for him to win it all.

But i still love vettel. He's my favorite driver ever. He passed mika as my favorite driver last year. He just won me over with his top gear performance and the stig bit.

Fantomex

But i still love vettel. He's my favorite driver ever. He passed mika as my favorite driver last year. He just won me over with his top gear performance and the stig bit.
So basically you're rooting for two drivers now...Next year I'm rooting for Barcelona, Madrid and Manchester City, I'm gonna increase my chances of winning :)

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Milchjon

This has nothing to do with F1, but I just wanted to share this great video: 10 years of WRC. I don't expect anyone in this thread to agree with me, but for me this is the pinnacle of motorsport.

Rally is my favorite too. One of my dreams is taking a ride with a skilled rally driver. I'd probably lose control over every single orifice, but I'd love every second of it.

So basically you're rooting for two drivers now...
You're kidding right? I support multiple drivers and it has absolutely nothing to do with "increasing my chances". It's not that strange a concept, and quite feasible to want more than one drive to do well (they don't all have to win the championship).

Shaneus

Webber loses the WDC by one point at the end of the year. Are you more happy that Vettel won his third WDC or sad that Mark lost?

These are important questions, man.

Omiee

Webber loses the WDC by one point at the end of the year. Are you more happy that Vettel won his third WDC or sad that Mark lost?

These are important questions, man.

Sad that Webber lost his last chance of winning it all. Like i said vettel is still my fav driver by far. Him winning again would be amazing. But like i said he has a lot of chances still. Webber has this year. So yeah i hope its Him.

So basically you're rooting for two drivers now...Next year I'm rooting for Barcelona, Madrid and Manchester City, I'm gonna increase my chances of winning :)

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
Now your just trying to be a jerk. Most of the People in this thread support more than One driver. I have to be One of the few in the thread Who used to support One driver. Im not making an exception by supportig Webber as well. You have to be Kidding me if you want to make this an age issue.

Fantomex

Sad that Webber lost his last chance of winning it all. Like i said vettel is still my fav driver by far. Him winning again would be amazing. But like i said he has a lot of chances still. Webber has this year. So yeah i hope its Him.

Now your just trying to be a jerk. Most of the People in this thread support more than One driver. I have to be One of the few in the thread Who used to support One driver. Im not making an exception by supportig Webber as well. You have to be Kidding me if you want to make this an age issue.

Wow I'm the jerk? Have you ever asked yourself why you can be so polarizing? You are constantly the exception in this thread. Why would an age question be offensive anyway? If anything it would give you tons of leeway. When I was 18, 25, 30 played a huge difference in my thought process. That's all, no wrong or right more of a "I get it" kind of thing. But anyhoo I'm in this thread to enjoy learning about the sport from those who have been around longer not to bicker, life is too short and we should be having fun. I hope I dont offend you man but I'd rather join the ignore club. Vettels awesome though and I know you like him, I hope he has a good year :)

Shaneus

Correct answer. Also, bonus points for capitalising "Him".

NHale

To all Kamui Kobayashi fans (not that it looks like him...)

Ax6relWCEAAMObs.jpg

Omiee

Wow I'm the jerk? Have you ever asked yourself why you can be so polarizing? You are constantly the exception in this thread. Why would an age question be offensive anyway? If anything it would give you tons of leeway. When I was 18, 25, 30 played a huge difference in my thought process. That's all, no wrong or right more of a "I get it" kind of thing. But anyhoo I'm in this thread to enjoy learning about the sport from those who have been around longer not to bicker, life is too short and we should be having fun. I hope I dont offend you man but I'd rather join the ignore club. Vettels awesome though and I know you like him, I hope he has a good year :)

Well it came over very offensive to me, as if you were setting up a your a child comment or something. I think its not a bad thing to support more drivers. I'm 23 btw.

Your right about me being a bit to much. You should have seen me last year with the Hamilton hate lol. I'm trying to fit in a bit more and keep the vettel love to a low. Again we are all here to discuss the sport we love so much. But its sports so its not something unusual that emotions can go high and people get in to an argument about something. I hope we can have some good discussions in the future.

We're all here for F1 and the amazing season we've had so far.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
This has nothing to do with F1, but I just wanted to share this great video: 10 years of WRC. I don't expect anyone in this thread to agree with me, but for me this is the pinnacle of motorsport.

Actually, it has a little bit to do with F1; there's Kimi crashing his car and saying "it was good fun" afterwards ;P

-x-x-x-

I just read this: Marussia have concluded that there was no car problem in Maria de Villota's accident. Probably just inexperience then. And a LOT of bad luck. :/

I'm sad that there is basically no way to watch WRC. I was pissed when Speed got rid of it. The one season where they had coverage for every day was awesome.

Fantomex

You're kidding right? I support multiple drivers and it has absolutely nothing to do with "increasing my chances". It's not that strange a concept, and quite feasible to want more than one drive to do well (they don't all have to win the championship).

I root for different drivers too, but you gotta realize there is a certain "love" that you will have for one over the others. People choosing now to root for the guy in second place is a bit convenient don't you think? That being said I would be very happy for Webber winning a WDC, he deserves it. But pushing my favorite(s) aside for him is weaksauce.

moojito

Damn, this thread is just bumbling along from one pointless argument to the next these days! Hopefully it'll get back on track (arf) by the weekend.

PowerTaxi

Banned
On the subject of support, how many people here support a whole team rather than individual drivers?

Been a Ferrari fan since '95 cause I was 4 and my favourite colour was red >_>.

Edit: I'd like to think my support has become more rational since haha.

kharma45

On the subject of support, how many people here support a whole team rather than individual drivers?

Them being red is essentially why I started supporting them around the same age, they were red like Manchester United and had Eddie Irvine racing for them who's from Northern Ireland like me so Ferrari seemed like the logical choice.

jey_16

Banned

Been a Ferrari supporter since '97 no matter who the driver is

Omiee

Used to support mclaren exclusively from 1996 untill 2006 i guess. From then i did not really support a team untill RBR in 2008 with DC and webber in the team. Man i used to love the old mclaren livery. Thats one of the reasons i chose to support RBR they have the best livery on the grid imo.

Never used to support shumi though, hated the domination by ferrari during the 00's.

Over the years iv been mostly a driver supporter after kimi left mclaren.

Shaneus

Edmond Dantès;39981597 said:
Interview with 'The Hobbit' personal trainer.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/the-hobbit-s-workout-plan-1-4746306

Good to see that the cast are going through vigorous training just like the previous LOTR Cast.
Fascinating. I'm just trying to think of who the shortest person on the grid is who is warranted being called "The Hobbit". EJ?

BTW Is that BBC Prupose article just an article or are there pictures/video clips as well? Because it's blocked outside of UK :/

why isn't there a separate general F1 thread where we can talk about everything F1 EXCEPT the current season

What else do you want to talk about F1 related? You're free to start up discussion about anything here. Sometimes off-topic too. A second thread would die quickly, this is an F1 thread, not just F1 2012 thread.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware

Its a total cock-up by the German government and state.
They built this totally useless amusement park at the Ring and when it was not performing they then loaded all the debts from this onto the race track even though it had nothing to do with the building of this park.

From 2007 - 2009 the German government built a huge Leisure Park at the Nürburgring. It is based on fake visitor numbers, oversized and badly executed. Most of the time it is an empty ghost town. Once promised as private investment, it is now based on a debt of 350+ million EUR public money.

Instead of pulling the plug they rented the park - including both race tracks - to exactly the same privateers (Kai Richter, Jörg Lindner), who were driving forces behind the Leisure Park's initial private setup.

Without Racing experience they are since experimenting with events completely unrelated to Motorsport (German Volksmusik for example, another one here) - all under the iconic "Nürburgring" brand name.

They now want Nordschleife to pay for the huge losses of "NüroDisney": record prices and bundled packages for tourist drives plus a 5 times increase for the automotive industry in rent for their prototype testing sessions.

Its a total cock-up by the German government and state.
They built this totally useless amusement park at the Ring and when it was not performing they then loaded all the debts from this onto the race track even though it had nothing to do with the building of this park.

Not that it matters much, but this has pretty much nothing to do with the German (federal) government. The park was being built and financed by the state Rheinland-Pfalz.
Aside that I totally agree that this was a pretty ridiculous idea that now backfires :/

It's also worth noting that it can't be saved by Rheinland-Pfalz (and/or from the federal level) because the European Union hasn't allowed it (yet) ^^

acm2000

Edmond Dantès;39994301 said:
London Olympic stadium bid

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101255
http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mo...on-f1-circuit-under-consideration-559526.html

Before anyone gets excited, the bid is one amongst many other more serious bids. The F1 bid is by some poxy company (Intelligent Transport Solutions Ltd) set up last year with a total capital of £30.

F1 in a stadium? Ridiculous.

im assuming the track would go round the complex, with the stadium being further leased to a football club or something, the bids are for the whole olympic plot isnt it?

Top Bottom