• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Omiee

Hahaha lauda with the question we all wanted him to ask.

Man whats up with all the hate on me? I know my opinion is not the most popular and the way i bring it is not always the best but its ridiculous how we cant just keep a discussion like that. I dont think anyone used the ignore button in the NBA thread and its much worse there with all the trolling etc.

I could stop posting if it makes it easier for some of you.

Jinjo

Are you watching RTL. man i stopped watching that since 2009 i think.

BBC coverage is much better even SKY coverage is better than RTL.

Its a shame the reasonable posters only come here during race weekens. Leaving us with ...

Alonso just knows he has it this year.

RTL is shit, but there's nothing else. BBC is not showing every weekend, can't receive Sky. Then there's the german coverage...

Podium interviews have the potential to be amazing here.

Omiee

RTL is shit, but there's nothing else. BBC is not showing, can't receive Sky. Then there's the german coverage...

Podium interviews have the potential to be amazing here.

Just PM me before all races.

If you have a laptop you'll be fine.

Deadman

Its quite funny how people called this the best season ever yet both titles are all but over after 10 races.

I think vettel will get a penalty.

Dilly

Banned
And done.

It's a pity it still shows me he has posted, I was hoping his posts would be gone altogether and it would be like they never existed.

You get used to it. It's quite hilarious to see a rage outburst because of a post you didn't see actually.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
From the overhead replay on Sky, he has to get a time penalty, probably just 5 seconds to reverse the order.

Shaneus

Hm. Watching that post-race replay, definite penalty. If he stuck to the track, he wouldn't have been able to make it stick.

Anyway. Definitely out now, boys.

untitled-3h9lq1.gif

kharma45

You get used to it. It's quite hilarious to see a rage outburst because of a post you didn't see actually.

You're right though, so much better now <3 Should've done this last year.

I agree, it would be great if the implemented the quotes being ignored also.

Yeah ideally that's the way it should be, if you want to go to the effort to ignore a poster it shouldn't let you see any quotes involving them or even that they have posted in the thread.

They're being ignored for a reason.

Omiee

Spanish driver in Italian car designed by a Greek wins the German Grand Prix. Discuss

lol.

Dilly going on a witch hunt. Real mature buddy ;)

Really mature by everyone who used the ignore button :). Might have to go back to the NBA thread. At least they keep the discussion ongoing even though not everyone's opinion is popular there.

Omiee

Where is brotkasten? He is usually here during races.

Respect for him at least keeping the discussion a live even though he thinks im irritating.

Mohonky

Yeah what would be fair would be to demote him the place he gained.

Why? They know the rules, they know the penalties. Why start making new penalties for each incident? It becomes inconsistent and some incidents will be seen as harsher than others by different stewards.

They set the rules as a standard for a reason.

Why? They know the rules, they know the penalties. Why start making new penalties for each incident? It becomes inconsistent and some incidents will be seen as harsher than others by different stewards.

But rules don't seem to apply on Red Bull, as we've seen earlier.

Omiee

I agree. Vettel should be placed on P3 and that's it. It's just a shame that he got to stand on the second place on the podium.

There he is.

Yeah i think so aswell. In the board view it looks like a good overtake but the overview clearly shows he was off the track.

I hope they give him a 10sec penalty or something. Would hate for him to get a 5grid penalty for the next race.

I don't think so, there is a 10 second stop & go during the race - but after its only 20 or 30 seconds

nvm i was confused with F1 2011 where if you go off track you get a 10 second penalty after the race.

kharma45

Isnt this kind of shenanigans a drive through if you are found guilty? Or are there clauses that would allow them to modify the punishment?

I think the stewards are allowed to give pretty much any penalty they want from what I gathered from Brundle.

I want to see Vettel penalised heavily personally but in fairness a one place drop would be about right.

Shaneus

Dropping a single place in the current race isn't really a valid penalty though, is it? If it was any other time of the race, it'd be drive-through or it'd be a penalty in the next race, depending on the severity.

Don't think I've ever seen a penalty that resulted in just losing one spot, unless there was a massive gap between them and two spots back (or however it shakes out).

The championship is Alonso's to lose at this point. He's having an excellent season. Ferrari need to get rid of Massa. He's just clearly not up to the task, and with Alonso as his team ante, it is just showing the gulf in class. If they had a more capable driver Ferrari would have a good hold on the constructors.

Glad to see Jenson fighting at the front of the race again. Hopefully he will be able to keep it up and get some more decent finishes. Feel sorry for Hamilton. Unlucky to get the puncture, though he had already had a weak start and probably wouldn't have been in the running for a podium.

Top Bottom