• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Dilly

Banned
Dropping a single place in the current race isn't really a valid penalty though, is it? If it was any other time of the race, it'd be drive-through or it'd be a penalty in the next race, depending on the severity.

Don't think I've ever seen a penalty that resulted in just losing one spot, unless there was a massive gap between them and two spots back (or however it shakes out).

No, I don't think that's possible.

Omiee

Dropping a single place in the current race isn't really a valid penalty though, is it? If it was any other time of the race, it'd be drive-through or it'd be a penalty in the next race, depending on the severity.

Don't think I've ever seen a penalty that resulted in just losing one spot, unless there was a massive gap between them and two spots back (or however it shakes out).

To be honest as much as i love Vettel the normal penalties handed to other drivers this season has been 5 place grid penalties and time penalties. I'd rather have him get a time penalty than he getting a 5 grid place penalty for the next race.

Adamm

Yeah, it will be 20s penalty or 5 place drop next race.

pants

So Massa.

I think at this point Ferrari are better off giving Algesuari the rest of the season in the car and then looking at their options towards the end of the season. Investing any further time in Massa is a waste of resources.

Omiee

So Massa.

I think at this point Ferrari are better off giving Algesuari the rest of the season in the car and then looking at their options towards the end of the season. Investing any further time in Massa is a waste of resources.

I think he brings in a lot of money for Ferrari.

Xun

I've said it before, but that Ferrari is definitely a very good car now. It's simply Massa who can't keep up with Alonso.

Dilly

Banned
I've said it before, but that Ferrari is definitely a very good car now. It's simply Massa who can't keep up with Alonso.

No doubt, Ferrari did a great job bringing that car up to pace, Alonso did a great job doing damage control in the first few races.

So Massa.

I was told that Felipe is back to his old performance. And after he slipped in Monaco and the race after that, he certainly is.

Dilly

Banned
So Massa.

I could score pas many points as Massa did this season so far.

Omiee

I was told that Felipe is back to his old performance. And after he slipped in Monaco and the race after that, he certainly is.

He really got unlucky today because he could have fought for some good points today with the saubers.

I know its not F1 but RIP

http://www.supersport.com/motorsport/article.aspx?Id=1491431

rganisers say an Italian driver and navigator have been killed in an explosive crash at an annual rally in the Tuscan city of Lucca.

The 47th Lucca City Cup rally was canceled early Sunday after driver Valerio Catelani and navigator Daniela Bertoneri were killed in their Peugeot 207 S2000.

In a statement, the rally organisers said the two were a few kilometres (miles) into the "Brancoli" leg, at shortly after 4 a.m. local time (0200 GMT), when their car slammed into a protective barrier and burst into flames.

In June, a Welsh navigator, Gareth Roberts, was killed during the Targa Florio rally around northern Siciliy when his car went off the road and a guard rail pierced the passenger side.

Lucca is about 75 kilometres (45 miles) west of Florence.

Adamm

If ferrari had a decent 2nd driver they would probably be leading the WCC aswell by now.

87% of Ferrari's points are from Alonso :D

Can they give a 5 second penalty? I though minimum was 20s

From what I remember of the regulations (I can't access them right now) they can give anything from a 10, 20 or 30 second penalty, grid place penalty, reprimand, suspension, grid place penalty for the next race or removal from race classification.

I don't think the regulations allow for dropping of one place. If it happened earlier on the race they could have ordered him to give the place back while racing.

Rules are perfectly clear, you have to race within he limits of the track and you cannot gain an advantage from driving off the track.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get a penalty. I'd think it would be a 10 or 20 second penalty.

Massa helped Alonso in the win today, his incident on the first lap lead to Hamiltons puncture ;p
Ferrari should just use him if they need a safety car, no one would suspect Massa of making a mistake on purpose.

Dilly

Banned
Massa helped Alonso in the win today, his incident on the first lap lead to Hamiltons puncture ;p
Ferrari should just use him if they need a safety car, no one would suspect Massa of making a mistake on purpose.

Well, they found out about Piquet eventually.

Omiee

I think the pace hamilton showed today by battling alonso is a proof how he could have won the race if he did not get a puncture.

That replay of the McLaren stop :eek:

Stunning.

DEF!! can we have a gif of that pleasee

At this point, Lewis was a better help to Fernando this race than Massa was all season. Great teamwork with holding up Vettel and Button later in the race.

RvQ7s.png

Septimius

I think the pace hamilton showed today by battling alonso is a proof how he could have won the race if he did not get a puncture.

What proof? I saw a car on fresh tyres not getting past a car on old tyres. I'm not saying it couldn't have been done, but I did not see any proof.

Ce-Lin

Yep, may not the fastest package but with Alonso driving it it's the most consistent.

spot on, pretty much both the RBR and the McLaren were on par if not faster than the Ferrari but Fernando Alonso always makes a difference, always, this man with a dominant car would have broken every record already.

What proof? I saw a car on fresh tyres not getting past a car on old tyres. I'm not saying it couldn't have been done, but I did not see any proof.

yep, Hamilton was determined to get Alonso no matter what but he couldn't, even if he got past Vettel rather easily

The Sky coverage really is a joke compared to the BBC coverage. It lacks soul.

There's a part of me that hopes Humphrey moves to Sky Sports for next season, but I get the feeling they're grooming him for MOTD whenever the time comes that Lineker leaves.

Top Bottom