• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

The Sky coverage really is a joke compared to the BBC coverage. It lacks soul.

What? They have professionals as hosts who work really well as a team and the SkyPad, which is bigger than Jake's iPad (HA!). Plus, they also show entertaining and funny commercials during the pre- and post-race coverage. Imagine how boring non-stop F1 coverage would be.

McLaren are claiming a new world record with Jensons second pit stop with stationary time of 2.31 seconds.

McLaren are also third in the constructors, jumping above Lotus by a point.

Xun

There's a part of me that hopes Humphrey moves to Sky Sports for next season, but I get the feeling they're grooming him for MOTD whenever the time comes that Lineker leaves.
In my opinion it'll be the death of the sport in the UK.

Having Jake would simply be polishing the shit.

One thing I hate about the sky coverage is that they hardly show any race footage post-race apart from a few compilations before the adverts, and when they do it's usually in the sky pad. BBC always go through the race and show raw footage of overtakes, mistakes, pit stops etc.

Lucius86

Banned
But Hamilton didn't make a move against Alonso!

BFF's

Straight back at you.

image.php

Ark

McLaren are claiming a new world record with Jensons second pit stop with stationary time of 2.31 seconds.

McLaren are also third in the constructors, jumping above Lotus by a point.

Incredible stop. McLaren need to carry on this form and get their act together and they might just have a last-ditch shot at the title if Hamilton can finish on the podium in every race.

“That wasn’t nice of Lewis – I don’t see why he was racing us,” Vettel told reporters in the paddock. “If he wants to go fast like that, then he should drop back and find a gap. It was stupid to battle with us when he was a lap down…if you want to go quick in those circumstances, you should respect that you have no chance to win the race and use some common sense. I didn’t expect him to attack because I didn’t see the point in doing so – so I was surprised when I saw him side-by-side with me.”

The comments mark the second time this season that Vettel has outwardly labelled a rival as ‘stupid’. In Malaysia, he ran into HRT’s Narain Karthikeyan and also named the Indian ‘cucumber’ when referring to a German proverb in the aftermath of the race.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/281772/vettel-lapped-hamilton-was-stupid-to-race-us/

e: Hahahaha! Sky is such a joke!
"we've only 15 minutes left until we go off air, time for another break!

I think it's pretty much guaranteed at this point, the real question is how much. I blame his team really, they should have told him to give it back. He was clearly fast enough to get it on the last lap.

Adamm

He should have just gave it back straight away.
It should have been obvious to him & the team that it was illegal, he has now lost out 3 places instead of 1.

EDIT: nvm

Lach

Just caught up with the race. No decision on Vettel yet then....

A great race. Happy for Koba's result of course (may go one up if Vettel gets 20s) and Sauber in general.

I really like Vettel but he can be a sore loser somethimes. It's Hamilton's right to unlap if he's clearly faster (which he was) and he would do the same in the reversed case. Even if it was a strategical decision by McLaren.

I don't know about the Vettel/Button overtake. I'm not familiar enough with the rule to judge. But Seb was clearly faster in the final stages so he clearly deserved second place. If he gets a penalty it's his (or the teams) fault.

[edit] ah..20 seconds then. YEAH KOBA!

Full deserved. I like Vettel and think he's a great driver but the regulations are incredibly clear. You can't leave the track and gain an advantage.

Leonsito

Can we give this title to Alonso and move on? He has the best car, he has the luck every champion needs, and everyone is getting punished by the FIA or his own team.

Ark

Can we give this title to Alonso and move on? He has the best car, he has the luck every champion needs, and everyone is getting punished by the FIA or his own team.

He definitely deserves it, no question about it. Ferrari as well, they've done really well this season to come back from where they were in testing.

McLaren take note.

Leonsito

He definitely deserves it, no question about it. Ferrari as well, they've done really well this season to come back from where they were in testing.

McLaren take note.

They had a fantastic car since the first race, but that mid-season testing really helped them even more.

They had a fantastic car since the first race, but that mid-season testing really helped them even more.

They had a car that barely made it into Q3 at the start of the season, the car was utter shit for the first few races. No-one was expecting them to turn it around as quick as they did, they're certainly winning the development war so far considering what they had in Melbourne.

Xun

They had a car that barely made it into Q3 at the start of the season, the car was utter shit for the first few races. No-one was expecting them to turn it around as quick as they did, they're certainly winning the development war so far considering what they had in Melbourne.
Indeed.

To bring the car to top form is impressive, it's just Massa which is making the car look worse than it actually is, despite doing a bit better recently.

That penalty virtually hands the title to Alonso unless Webber gets his shit together again.
If Hamilton or Button can't take the championship, I definitely want to see Webber win it.

The car was around 2 seconds off the pace in the first two races.

I still don't think they have the best car at the moment, although it is definitely great. Alonse has just been untouchable this season.

Adamm

Wow you people give up fast. The title is already Alonso's?
One DNF & his lead could be cut to 9 points...

And how does this penatly hand the title to alonso? Vettel is only 8 points worse off

Risgroo

Eh, season is far from over, Webber or Vettel could still take the championship. Still, if Alonso continues like this he'll have it in the bag soon enough. And Ferrari should ditch Massa, get some new blood in after the summer break.

Kimi 4th only 12 points behind Vettel is so awesome.

Why so much hate bro? Oh wait, you are spanish, that's why.

Top Bottom