• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

DD

B3848GwCUAAKeVq.jpg
B3847R1CcAIodUM.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Like Mosley says, rip up everything and start over.
Specifically, they can get rid of Ferrari's and FIA's special deals (historical bonus for FER and the 1% both Ferrari and the FIA own in the parent company of F1), change the distribution of prize money and fine both FOM and the FIA, for example.

Yeah, plus charge main actors with hefty financial fine (talking in hundreds of million € range)

ramparter

Banned
wtf at the button defence force. send him into retirement already. guy has been nothing but mediocre for 15 fucking years now with one lucky season.
Yeah.. I mean, the guy only beat Lewis 2 out of 3 seasons at the same team and got less than 3 times the points of the great new Ron Dennis discovery, Magnussen.

Ark

Yeah.. I mean, the guy only beat Lewis 2 out of 3 seasons at the same team and got less than 3 times the points of the great new Ron Dennis discovery, Magnussen.

Jesus Christ am I sick of still hearing this shit in 2014. Irvine scored more points than Schumacher in 1999, does that make him better? The only reason he scored more points in 2012 was because Hamilton suffered, by and large, the lion's share of mechanical & pit-stop problems. 2011 was fair game, but you cannot deny Hamilton was way, way, way off his game.

I swear, I won't be responsible for what I type if someone posts this again.

For the record: What's on paper is all that history will remember, but by that logic Vettel is a better driver than both Prost and Senna.

It's obvious Button is the superior driver to Hamilton. I would also put Alonso over Schumacher and thus Senna. Since Alonso beat Schumi head to head, and Schumi beat Senna. It's simple really.

That makes Vettel the greatest driver of all time.

Shaneus

It's obvious Button is the superior driver to Hamilton. I would also put Alonso over Schumacher and thus Senna. Since Alonso beat Schumi head to head, and Schumi beat Senna. It's simple really.

That makes Vettel the greatest driver of all time.
Ricciardo beat the pants off of Vettel this year. And he was featured in that overtake on the motorsport videos page or something.

So Danny Ricky = GOAT.

krYlon

I think that's wrong actually. Lewis beat him in 2010 and 2012. Jenson beat him in 2011, but that was the year Hamilton imploded

AS says Ronbo will be forced to sell his share of McLaren if he fails in his takeover bid. This must be why he's been off to Denmark, his last shot after the Chinese money didn't materialise.

CEO of LEGO confirmed they were contacted by McLaren but weren't interested.

McNum

http://www.fia.com/news/accident-panel

The FIA also published their report in to the Bianchi crash today
So in summary. There was a failure in the car's failsafe braking system, the double yellow flags do not have the intended effect so a mandatory speed limit will be added to them, races will be required to start no later than 4 hours before sunset (unless it's a night race, then it's 4 hours before sunrise), wet tires will be allowed to be further improved at any time, and tracks will be required to drain off water better.

No kinds of structural improvements, canopies or otherwise, would have had an effect on this crash as the forces involved were just too great.

Hm, yeah. Seems pretty sensible to me.

AS says Ronbo will be forced to sell his share of McLaren if he fails in his takeover bid. This must be why he's been off to Denmark, his last shot after the Chinese money didn't materialise.

CEO of LEGO confirmed they were contacted by McLaren but weren't interested.

Is this for real? was the factual Ron Dennis sighted in the lego plant then?

It's legit, it was posted in the danish press.

So apparently the Korean GP is not really going to happen, it's just there to go over 20 races and give the teams an extra PU (since in 2015 they're supposed to only use 4 if there are 20 races or less). Seriously, this is the explanation and it's fucking stupid.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30320914

ramparter

Banned
Jesus Christ am I sick of still hearing this shit in 2014. Irvine scored more points than Schumacher in 1999, does that make him better? The only reason he scored more points in 2012 was because Hamilton suffered, by and large, the lion's share of mechanical & pit-stop problems. 2011 was fair game, but you cannot deny Hamilton was way, way, way off his game.

I swear, I won't be responsible for what I type if someone posts this again.

For the record: What's on paper is all that history will remember, but by that logic Vettel is a better driver than both Prost and Senna.
My point wasn't that Jenson is better than Lewis but that he is a very efficient driver that silently delivers. He gets the job done in the end, its just that people who are used to drivres making scenes like Ham and Alo don't notice him.

Are you sure this time?! There was no announcement the other day! :(

Last time was my bad. I read McLaren's announcement as on 1st of Dec turns out to be "after" 1st of December.

My friend told me that there are three options the board is voting on, and the press release for all of them have been typed and ready to go as soon as the BOD meeting is over.

Am I sure? lol no, but I'm just reporting what I've been told. Board meeting should actually be done by now according to him.

EDIT: to clarify, he didn't specify if the three options meant 3 drivers though. just three options put in front of the board with their respective press announcements drafts

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So in summary. There was a failure in the car's failsafe braking system, the double yellow flags do not have the intended effect so a mandatory speed limit will be added to them, races will be required to start no later than 4 hours before sunset (unless it's a night race, then it's 4 hours before sunrise), wet tires will be allowed to be further improved at any time, and tracks will be required to drain off water better.

No kinds of structural improvements, canopies or otherwise, would have had an effect on this crash as the forces involved were just too great.

Hm, yeah. Seems pretty sensible to me.

No comments about the recovery vehicle? Can't help thinking side skirts like large trucks have might have helped - turning it into a head on crash which F1 cars are better at handling, rather than a drive under

Gruso

No comments about the recovery vehicle? Can't help thinking side skirts like large trucks have might have helped - turning it into a head on crash which F1 cars are better at handling, rather than a drive under
They addressed that in detail:

It is not feasible to mitigate the injuries Bianchi suffered by either enclosing the driver’s cockpit, or fitting skirts to the crane. Neither approach is practical due to the very large forces involved in the accident between a 700kg car striking a 6500kg crane at a speed of 126kph. There is simply insufficient impact structure on a F1 car to absorb the energy of such an impact without either destroying the driver’s survival cell, or generating non-survivable decelerations.

It is considered fundamentally wrong to try and make an impact between a racing car and a large and heavy vehicle survivable. It is imperative to prevent a car ever hitting the crane and/or the marshals working near it.

http://www.fia.com/news/accident-panel

Ricciardo beat the pants off of Vettel this year. And he was featured in that overtake on the motorsport videos page or something.

So Danny Ricky = GOAT.

0 world championships.

Vettel is the greatest driver in F1 history.

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Schumacher
4. Senna
5. Mansell

Yahoo reporting Button out... but I was under the impression that the board meeting wouldn't have finished yet.

The BOD meeting should've been done by now according to my stupid friend.

But he also said the announcement is gonna be in 2 hours. I think we passed that mark by now? He's not receiving my whatsapp msgs meaning his phone is off..

duckroll

I can see it now: new driver line-up will be Dennis/Briatore. If this wont skyrocket the ratings, I don´t know what would...

Does Briatore still manage other drivers? Maybe he can order them to help block other drivers to clear the path! Or engineer another crash! :p

Top Bottom