• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

So Alonso hasn't signed with McLaren, but I thought it was a done deal? Final twist will be Ronbo regaining control and keeping Button and Magnussen on, it's the only reason why one hasn't been given the bullet.

Alonso to who cares.

Hammer24

Banned
So Alonso hasn't signed with McLaren, but I thought it was a done deal? Final twist will be Ronbo regaining control and keeping Button and Magnussen on, it's the only reason why one hasn't been given the bullet.

Alonso to who cares.

If that´d happen, the partnership with Honda would basically die in childbed.

Alonso to who cares.

I'd be very surprised if Alonso hasn't signed by now. He seems very calm about his future and is already talking about winter testing. He knows where he's going.

Mastah

Jean-Eric Vergne ‏@JeanEricVergne 1h1 hour ago

A journey into the unknown... Happy to announce that I'll race in #FormulaE at Punta del Este this weekend with @AndrettiFE

BS.

Alonso at Mclaren is a done deal.

Even the Crown Prince of Bahrein said to Alonso "see you next year" at Abu Dhabi.

King of Spain, Crown Prince of Bahrain. Which royalty is coming next to onfirm it before the official announcement.

my "friend", who basically is an unreliable source now although I know for fact he's very close to McLaren board, said that Alonso has signed a pre-contract with $5 mil penalty if a final deal was not signed.

I'd like to say he's outright wrong, but why Alonso was not announced yet? In Ferrari's case we can say that it's a mutual agreement between Alonso and Ferrari about the announcement. But in McLaren case? I can't think of any reason not to announce him officially if it was signed and all!!

Anyway.. Boullier said it's a matter of days!

King of Spain, Crown Prince of Bahrain. Which royalty is coming next to onfirm it before the official announcement.

my "friend", who basically is an unreliable source now although I know for fact he's very close to McLaren board, said that Alonso has signed a pre-contract with $5 mil penalty if a final deal was not signed.

I'd like to say he's outright wrong, but why Alonso was not announced yet? In Ferrari's case we can say that it's a mutual agreement between Alonso and Ferrari about the announcement. But in McLaren case? I can't think of any reason not to announce him officially if it was signed and all!!

Anyway.. Boullier said it's a matter of days!

My guess is sponsors/investment in Mclaren and announcing it all at once.
Announcing in pieces would just make things worse, especially if KMag gets the seat.
The only thing that's certain is something more important is going on than the 2nd driver seat.

My guess is sponsors/investment in Mclaren and announcing it all at once.
Announcing in pieces would just make things worse, especially if KMag gets the seat.
The only thing that's certain is something more important is going on than the 2nd driver seat.

Why would announcing it in pieces would harm? Getting publicity is the aim of any company, and Alonso's announcement by itself is big enough.

Hammer24

Banned

dead.gif

#dead

Toby Moody (ex-Motogp commentator for Eurosport, him and Julian Ryder with Mamola were great) tweeted this an hour ago:

Big news for F1 tomorrow.

Why would announcing it in pieces would harm? Getting publicity is the aim of any company, and Alonso's announcement by itself is big enough.

Except everyone and their mother knows he's going to Mclaren, it's just not official.
I'm sure a sponsor after spending $$$ would like to be part of the announcement no?

Yeah he got a rockstar welcome, easy 300 ppl, and he signed autographs and chatted for like 45 mins after what a real nice guy.

Though the public q and a was wasted with shit questions like "will you marry me?" etc.

oipic

Got ricciardos autograph today, he even spoke to me too.

Nice one, mate - I was there too, was a great way to spend a lunch break.

Dan was asked who he would most like as a teammate, to which he replied "Alonso" - he then joked that he would be joining him next year at McLaren (not sure how well that went down with the many Red Bull and Infiniti PR types in attendance!). Still very much appears that what you see is what you get with Ricciardo, I hope F1 doesn't change him at all over time.

Top Bottom