• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Filben

You have seen racing yes, but competitive racing ? not so much.. drivers have been punished for trying to compete this season (some of the punishment might have been warranted though).
The problem I see with F1 right now is the big difference with the cars and the engines, when a good driver tries to race in a mediocre car he has no change against a mediocre driver in a good car. Most of the time it isn´t the driver who decides the outcome of the racing, it´s the rules and the cars.
Only real racing you have seen this season has been between teammates with cars that perform the same.
F1 since I've known of (that would be since the 60s) was never different. It was about drivers AND chassis and engines ever since. One year it was heavier on cars and the other on the drivers. 62's and especially 63's season was so British dominated with Clark and Lotus. He literally wiped the track clean. Let alone drivers with great potential that had never have a chance to shine in results because of lots of mechanical failures that made if often a game of luck for the drivers.

Merino

Going to be good to see Button back in a Honda powered car.

If only they could paint the Lucky Strike livery back on to it :(
Still my absolute favorite together with the orange/black Arrow

Mastah

Official: Button and Alonso!

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/tea...s-fernando-alonso-and-jenson-button-for-2015/

B4kWCvjCAAA6P9r.jpg:orig

Staab

“I still remember, as a kid, the posters in my wardrobe, my toy cars in which I dreamed I would one day emulate Ayrton, and the kart that my father built for my older sister, and that I ended up falling in love with."
Lol, dat quote

duckroll

Ron Dennis:
“We signed Fernando a little while ago, but we decided not to announce the fact until we had also re-signed Jenson as his team-mate. For many reasons our negotiations with Jenson took quite a long time, but, now that they have been concluded, we are confident that our collaboration with him will continue to thrive in the future every bit as well as it has in the past. Make no mistake about it, Jenson is 100% committed to McLaren-Honda, to Formula 1, and to winning.

Lol.

Nicktendo86

Picture of Fred standing next to Ron is something I thought I would never see lol. Must be very deliberate.

Wonderful lineup, come on McLaren!

Definitely not Magnussen. He's done. At least at McLaren as main driver.

I wouldn't say that. Unless JB sets the world on fire, 2015 is his last season in F1. Magnussen is the number 1 candidate to replace him and Vandoorne is too green for a Mclaren seat right away (you would think Mclaren learned their lesson).

duckroll

I wouldn't say that. Unless JB sets the world on fire, 2015 is his last season in F1. Magnussen is the number 1 candidate to replace him and Vandoorne is too green for a Mclaren seat right away (you would think Mclaren learned their lesson).

I'm not sure why this would be his last season in F1. Unless he performs really, really abysmally compared to Alonso, they'll likely keep both drivers while developing the new car.

Aiii

So not worth it

Once you bypass a driver for your team because you deem him not good enough for the main drive, he's done. You don't have a driver in your team for a full year, then demote him only to promote him again, yeah, that's not happening.

Top Bottom