• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

kmag

Jesus Christ with you fucking people and your obsession with what Hamilton does. Let's just hope Bianchi is ok.

I don't give a fuck about what Hamilton does and doesn't do outside of a racing car. I just know if someone comes over and tells me someone is seriously injured I don't immediately worry about how I happen to be looking.

At best it's a odd thing to do.

Mohonky

This is my speculation but: it looks like he might have had a helmet impact. Sliding slightly under the crane. The car was really close to the crane and facing the track
Thats my biggest concern. I honestly dont doubt that at some point we will get closed cockpit. That headline just....yeh. Ask Massa about it.

Nicktendo86

Ok, official word is that Bianchi is not conscious, and he could not fly at all and that he has been taken to the hospital by car.
Another win for the brain dead FIA/Bernie in running this race during a fucking tornado. They give so little a shit about safety that they don't think that maybe they should do their best to ensure choppers taking anyone injured to hospital might need to be able to fly? Really?

Think before you drive Bernie? Fuck off you decrepit old cunt.

I don't give a fuck about what Hamilton does and doesn't do outside of a racing car. I just know if someone comes over and tells me someone is seriously injured I don't immediately worry about how I happen to be looking.

Maybe he's been told NOT to react (given cameras)?

You obviously care about what Lewis does outside the car given that you are commenting about his hair.

i fiddle with my hair when I'm nervous, it's a common thing. please shut up.

"Apparently the chopper was not able to transport Bianchi due to poor visibility. "

"Gary Hartstein ‏@former_f1doc 40s40 seconds ago
Only reasons to evac this fast are isolated severe head injury, severe hemorrhagic shock, or need for ongoing CPR."

RoKKeR

Will Buxton on NBC: Bianchi being transported to hospital unconscious via ambulance, weather impeding helicopter's ability to fly him to the hospital.

No it's not, he might be completely unaware that he's doing it. There's nothing to interpret from that.

kmag

Another win for the brain dead FIA/Bernie in running this race during a fucking tornado. They give so little a shit about safety that they don't think that maybe they should do their best to ensure choppers taking anyone injured to hospital might need to be able to fly? Really?

Think before you drive Bernie? Fuck off you decrepit old cunt.

Ted made the same point yesterday on the notebook. That he'd be surprised if the helicopter could take off.

frontieruk

You obviously do or you wouldn't of mentioned it, like no one else here did.

"Apparently the chopper was not able to transport Bianchi due to poor visibility. "

"Gary Hartstein ‏@former_f1doc 40s40 seconds ago
Only reasons to evac this fast are isolated severe head injury, severe hemorrhagic shock, or need for ongoing CPR."

This is so terrible all around :(

I agree with continuing the show. This is the reality of our sport. It has gotten incredibly safe compared to the past, but it will never be 100% safe. PEACE.
Of course but why have a victory ceremony with champagne as if nothing happened. The winning drivers don't want to celebrate but they have to go through the music, questions and fake smiles.

kmag

You obviously do or you wouldn't of mentioned it, like no one else here did.

If it had been Rosberg or Vettel shown doing it I'd have mentioned it. It's not a Hamilton thing. Maybe they did, maybe it's a normal reaction I don't know, but I saw something I thought it was incongruous and mentioned it.

Seriously?.. The guy must be shocked and he doesn't even know what he's doing. It's not like he called his stylist to make sure he looks good!!

Nicktendo86

Ted made the same point yesterday on the notebook. That he'd be surprised if the helicopter could take off.
Yup, it was obvious a situation like this could happen.

And pimpwerks, for someone who signs his posts off with PEACE you seem to have a surprising lack of empathy for other human beings.

kmag

They really shouldn't have done the interviews on the podium. That was in poor taste and felt really forced.

The Champagne music was extremely strange, I can only imagine it's contractual. And in the world of F1 that's all that matters.

D_prOdigy

Races shouldn't be happening if air ambulances are grounded for any reason.

Oh well, at least those goobers who were moaning in that OT thread about the cars being to easy to drive got their wish.

Moozo

Cannot fucking BELIEVE the race was allowed to continue when there was a recovery vehicle in the spot where another car had just AQUAPLANED in to. This one's on you, Charlie

AxeMan

If it had been Rosberg or Vettel shown doing it I'd have mentioned it. It's not a Hamilton thing. Maybe they did, maybe it's a normal reaction I don't know, but I saw something I thought it was incongruous and mentioned it.

There was nothing wrong with it, you're reading way too much into it.

Remember Bush when he got told that a couple of planes had flown into the Towers? He was reading some books to some kids, he kept on doing it.
Doesn't mean he wasn't upset or thinking about himself

Deadman

Its dumb that they are keeping the drivers to their interview commitments when clearly none of them want to talk until its clear if bianchi is ok

Pimpwerx

Of course but why have a victory ceremony with champagne as if nothing happened. The winning drivers don't want to celebrate but they have to go through the music, questions and fake smiles.

For the fans. I'd have axed the champagne music though. Not sure what happened there. FOM cocked-up bad this weekend. If something happens to Bianchi as a result of inability to get urgent care, then they are going to get shit bad. PEACE.

Top Bottom