• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Hammer24

Banned
Another season for the Hulk to fade into obscurity :(

Wut? For obvious reasons the FER thing didn´t work out. So - where else would and should he go? FOI is at least promising, and has the best power unit under the hood. To raise eyebrows, its is his best chance.

But after the Stepneygate and some "happenings" between the two, Alonso didn't enjoy the best support from his team. In the last races it was like McLaren would do anything to prevent Nando from grabbing the title.

At the time it seemed like Alonso was surely going to lose support of the team, but it never played out that way. In fact, you could say Fernando out performed Hamilton from the Hungry quali debacle onwards.

Kyougar

So Hulk has a drive next year. Could he be driving for Ferrari in 2016 when Kimi retires?
I dont think Jules Bianchi will go back to F1 anytime soon if he "fully" recovers :/
Dont see Ferrari taking Perez for example and Bottas is too much in the Hands of the Mercedes Family.
And Ferrari giving the seat to a rookie? Not happening I think.

kiyomi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29658585

Kobayashi was so uneasy about a repair made to his car's suspension before final practice, he questioned whether to continue.

"Scary!" the Japanese wrote on his Facebook page, in a post seen by BBC Sport. "Last night a suspension defect was found. There's no spare so it was repaired by wrapping it in carbon.

"It's checked all the time but, even so, being asked to race like this is too scary! I want to go home already.

"From here on there are still practices and the race to go. I'm seriously troubled. As a racing driver, should I drive? Should I safely decline? I drive again in 15 minutes…"

Caterham said Kobayashi was "kept informed at all times and at no time did he have any reason to believe it was not safe".

Kobayashi on a crusade to say 'fuck this shit' before Caterham dumps him.

So the simulation and wind tunnel data of the Ferrari 666 (2015 challenger designed by Allison) say that's slower than the F14-T so far.

force india getting shot of perez? i thought they would have confirmed him with the hulk...

perez > lotus
gutty > force india
grosjean > out

maldonado and perez at lotus, what a combination.

ramparter

Banned
Grosjean out? So unlucky considering last year's decent result, only after KR announced his departure and he stopped caring but still...

DD

Yeah this is sadly looking grim for French drivers next year. Went from 4 to most likely 1 or even 0 in 2 years :/

I can feel your pain, bro. It's ugly for us brazilians too. Ayrton vs. Alain, good times... (i-i)

But there's nothing more sad (even criminal!) for the F1 than not having a venue in France. FIA headquarters is in Paris, FFS...

Aiii

So not worth it
I can feel your pain, bro. It's ugly for us brazilians too. Ayrton vs. Alain, good times... (i-i)

But there's nothing more sad (even criminal!) for the F1 than not having a venue in France. FIA headquarters is in Paris, FFS...

There has yet to be a single Dutch Grand Prix winner.

So there you go, now you guys don't have to feel so bad.

DD

There has yet to be a single Dutch Grand Prix winner.

So there you go, now you guys don't have to feel so bad.

Maybe Max can change that. ;D

But I'm still bummed by the fact that he's joining the circus so early in his career, but Red Bull probably knows what they are doing.

EDIT:

miami-track2-large-620x350.jpg

http://push-to-pass.com/miami-reveals-dull-design/

malyce

Getting rid of Grosjean would be a dumb move by lotus. The only thing holding him back is the car. Grosjean can drive. He fits in somewhere just above Button/Kimi.

The German newspaper Bild claims Ferrari will announce Alonso's departure and Vettel's arrival before the US Grand Prix in Austin early next month.

It appears increasingly likely that Alonso might take a sabbatical next year, probably because he is waiting for a race seat to open up at Mercedes.[/quote]

Asked during his visit to the DTM finale at Hockenheim if he can promise he will still be a Mercedes driver in 2015, Hamilton is quoted by APA news agency as answering: "I don't make promises to anyone - not even my girlfriend."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/silly-season-waits-but-2015-rumours-still-firing

Another season for the Hulk to fade into obscurity :(

Perez has had Hulk's number for the past 4-5 GPs, definitely a dip in form for HUL. Also, PER has 3 more DNFs than HUL which explains points-wise which he is trailing by such a margin (76-47).

Anyway, this is all to say that HUL has not been impressing me as much this season. If he wants to land a top team seat, he needs to show the goods over a full season, which he hasn't done so far in his career. HUL should have been thrashing Perez.

It appears increasingly likely that Alonso might take a sabbatical next year, probably because he is waiting for a race seat to open up at Mercedes.

That makes no sense. Mercedes isn't going to jettison a guy that potentially just won back-to-back WDCs for a soon to be 35 year old Alonso who wouldn't have won a title in almost ten years.

If Lewis' seat opens up, things will have to go very badly for him, and at the moment just the opposite is happening. If Hamilton wins the title this year, he'll get that contract extension. Sure, the wheels could still come off, but he and the Merc seem to have righted the ship.

Alonso still could take a year off, but there are higher probability seats opening elsewhere, including at Ferrari which would be interesting to say the least!

Fox Mulder

That makes no sense. Mercedes isn't going to jettison a guy that potentially just won back-to-back WDCs for a soon to be 35 year old Alonso who wouldn't have won a title in almost ten years.

If Lewis' seat opens up, things will have to go very badly for him, and at the moment just the opposite is happening. If Hamilton wins the title this year, he'll get that contract extension. Sure, the wheels could still come off, but he and the Merc seem to have righted the ship.

Alonso still could take a year off, but there are higher probability seats opening elsewhere, including at Ferrari which would be interesting to say the least!

maybe he's hoping for a third seat or something.

Jibbed

Wait, WHAT?!

i5PBxSNCqRF3O.jpg

That's Pietro Fittipaldi, grandson of Emerson Fittipaldi. https://twitter.com/insideFDA

#PleaseBeTrue ;D

A guy I know from karting has just done the same thing, it's not a big deal.

Edit: I should probably explain a little more. The academy selects 5-6 drivers every year from varying backgrounds to have a 'taster day' of sorts; simulations, a drive of some low-tier single-seaters and other activities. It's more based on contacts and money rather than anything else. Hence Emmo Jr Jr and the guy I know who is just a UK club racer.

Mastah

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 2m2 minutes ago

McLaren have confirmed sporting director Sam Michael is leaving at the end of the season to return to Australia. Resigned in March

McLaren categorically deny reports technical director Tim Goss and chief operating officer Jonathan Neale are leaving. Story soon

so these are the leadership changes?

omnicorse says boullier and neale will be given more power at mclaren, goss and micheals on their way out, a major car upgrade coming, a new front wing (2015?) for abu dhabi, mp4-30 design will be heavily influenced by the redbull - dat prodromou

the honda engine is a beast

now they just need to confirm alonso and button for 2015,16 and put magnussen at force india in place of perez

Top Bottom