• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Lach

I don't know what to think about this. I guess Nasr is one of the better choices, as a good balance for money and genuine talent. Still would prefer to have someone with more F1 experience (even if that driver is Sutil).

But at the point where they're at money is probably more important. The money problems they had last year (especially with the russian deal falling through) directly resulted in the car they got this year. Hope they learn from the mistakes they made with this years car.

Nicktendo86

Button tweeted earlier that he will let us know about his future when he knows. He later retweeted someone asking if that is because he doesn't know or is not allowed to say yet and he added a 'haha'

Ark

Button tweeted earlier that he will let us know about his future when he knows. He later retweeted someone asking if that is because he doesn't know or is not allowed to say yet and he added a 'haha'

Him and Alonso both playing the mind games.

Him and Alonso both playing the mind games.

Dat mind and track battle next season, can't wait...

McLaren pls!

"We cannot comment on the drivers as it is a subject for McLaren and Honda," said the Japanese marque's F1 chief Yasuhisa Arai.

"But Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton are very strong drivers and all the teams want them. Any one of them has a chance of being in the team in 2015,"

Mastah

Yeah, he's gone:

B1xS4qYIcAAAggo.jpg

“It’s been going on for months now,” the Englishman reflected. “Initially, I was like ‘ok, what’s all that about’. But then it makes you think about other opportunities and challenges, in F1 and other motorsport."

“There’s so much out there, so many challenges I am interested in taking on.”

With Jenson Button's F1 future up in the air, Ted Kravitz and David Croft debate whether the McLaren man should look for another drive or leave the sport a

After almost fifteen years in F1, Button is thought to be considering a switch to Sportscars to drive for Porsche in Le Mans next year.

"Am I disappointed? I'm disappointed I'm not in a winning car. I'm here to win and only want to be in Formula 1 to win."

Asked whether he would agree to stay with McLaren if the team were to offer him a race seat for next year, Button pointedly replied: "I don't know."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24180/9552422/jenson-button-poised-to-leave-mclaren

What a joke when someone like Massa will be driving for Williams, Jenson would be such a perfect fit for them, so many podiums, so many points together with Bottas :(

Deadman

I can see that it sucks he's probably being forced out when he doesn't want to leave f1 yet, but honestly racing for porsche in WEC seems far more attractive to me than racing for mclaren in f1.

Ark

Guys. Nico Rosberg just followed me on Twitter. I haven't tweeted anything since the Spa weekend because I'm convinced that if I don't tweet, then Hamilton will win the race (so far I've been correct every single weekend) - yes I know it's dumb, but meh :p

What does it mean?

Addnan

Guys. Nico Rosberg just followed me on Twitter. I haven't tweeted anything since the Spa weekend because I'm convinced that if I don't tweet, then Hamilton will win the race (so far I've been correct every single weekend) - yes I know it's dumb, but meh :p

What does it mean?
It means you fucked up and he is going to win. Bastard.

DD

From Massa to Nasr: "believe. It's in your hands. You have to believe in yourself. Things won't be easy. Believe in yourself."

I can see that it sucks he's probably being forced out when he doesn't want to leave f1 yet, but honestly racing for porsche in WEC seems far more attractive to me than racing for mclaren in f1.

I agree. He's got years left in him, so waste them doing so-so in F1? Go and try something new.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

What does it mean?

Tell him to join us here

What does it mean?

He saw you jinxing all his races on GAF and now it's getting personal.

Pimpwerx

Button's gone? Meh. I was never a fan of the guy. Really disliked him since he moved to McLaren and proceeded to sabotage both Lewis and the team. About as pedestrian as drivers get. Arguably in the Top3 least-deserving WDCs in the sport's history. Yeah, I'm not gonna miss him. Fare thee well, Benson. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Like it or not, Formula 1 without Ferrari would be very different and way less marketable. I think that payment, while high, does have a value.

I used to agree with this, but not anymore. I think these crazy subsidies for Ferrari are outdated. They are a popular manufacturer, but the sport is bigger than Ferrari, and FIAT now gets as much benefit from the sport's exposure as the sport gets from the affiliation.

However, if paying Ferrari an appearance fee means smaller, filler teams fall by the wayside, how is that helping the sport? I think the rules changes have made for more entertaining races, and that is now what drives interest in the sport, not Ferrari merch. If Ferrari wasn't on the grid next year, how many people are going to stop watching? Not me. I don't see how pulling out serves Ferrari either. F1 is a huge part of their racing heritage, which adds to their prestige. Without F1, they take a hit too. PEACE.

Risgroo

Button's gone? Meh. I was never a fan of the guy. Really disliked him since he moved to McLaren and proceeded to sabotage both Lewis and the team. About as pedestrian as drivers get. Arguably in the Top3 least-deserving WDCs in the sport's history. Yeah, I'm not gonna miss him. Fare thee well, Benson. PEACE.

What the hell are you talking about? PEACE.

Mastah

"How do you measure losing a great legendary driver? He is one of the top drivers here and one of the nicest guys in the paddock," Hamilton told Sky Sports News HQ.

"I had a great time working with him in the past and our friendship has grown a lot, particularly since we went into different teams because that made it a lot easier! Buy I’m a huge admirer of what he has achieved and I hope that he stays. There’s got to be space for him, there has to be space for him."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/2...the-attack-with-a-winning-mentality-in-brazil

But what does he know?!?

Kyougar

Why would they sack people if a big Investor (Honda) is going to take the reigns next year? Its not like its the start of the year, surely they could pay those workers till Honda is officially at the factory. And even if they could not afford those people for 3 months (that would be extra bad if McLaren is in that kind of financial troubles) they could ask honda to pay these workers, right? I mean, Honda wouldnt want to lose experienced worker.

Why would they sack people if a big Investor (Honda) is going to take the reigns next year? Its not like its the start of the year, surely they could pay those workers till Honda is officially at the factory. And even if they could not afford those people for 3 months (that would be extra bad if McLaren is in that kind of financial troubles) they could ask honda to pay these workers, right? I mean, Honda wouldnt want to lose experienced worker.

Having a clear out of people who were involved in the last two cars. Part of the problem at McLaren was Whitmarsh's disaster policy of heavy dependency on the graduate programme to engender "creative" thinking. I gather that McLaren are reversing that policy and getting rid of them and are looking to get new people in who will work under Prod.

ajpw

I'm a huge Button fan. He's a great driver and just a nice guy. Saying that though he's been in the sport for nearly 15 years? Time to move on and do something else.

Kyougar

I'm a huge Button fan. He's a great driver and just a nice guy. Saying that though he's been in the sport for nearly 15 years? Time to move on and do something else.

maybe he wants to get THE trophy from Barrichello? You know which ^^

Top Bottom