• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

DD

Kevin Sparknussen

B11tz7uIcAAXgH8.jpg

Losing Mercedes and Renault is worse than keeping them and Honda and losing Marussia. Marussia would've gone even without the eco friendly formula.

Them only receiving 10 million from a billion dollar revenue is a bigger part of the problem.

Teams like Marussia should have been allowed the option to run a restricted V8 rather than spend millions and millions of pounds overhauling everything for the new engine formula. F1 allowed Minardi/Torro Rosso a workaround like that in 06 when the v8s were introduced.

Aiii

So not worth it
Boss calls me into a meeting right before the FP1 start, and I come back to Verstappen in third?

Of course I miss that.

DBT85

There might be a problem if someone in a top car (Mercedes) has trouble in the pits or something and gets lapped, SC car comes out and they get the lap back. They might get back to a podium position without doing the full distance and have extra fuel and less tyre-wear.

Sometimes the SC comes in without waiting for the backmarkers to catch up as well.

But they get the lap back when the SC comes out already. The difference is they also get about half a kg of fuel and one less lap of very light SC speed tyre wear.

Aiii

So not worth it
B113777IMAAlcTh.jpg

B1137_AIcAAFLw_.jpg

B1138CLIMAEtTlK.jpg

Verstappen playing it smart, pretty sure skipping the chicane and taking this part down is much faster.

Can't believe I agree with Will Buxton:

Frankly I find the idea of asking fans to fund a team in order to give it a better chance of being sold off, distasteful in the extreme.

They are REALLY desperate.

kharma45

Daily Telegraph's F1 journalist says Marussia employees have been made redundant, team will not be at Abu Dhabi. Chalk up a win for the new cost saving, eco friendly formula. But hey, at least Honda's coming back and Renault stuck around to give its customers the worst engine on the grid.

How much extra funding would they have got for beating Sauber and Caterham in the standings?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I still say lapped cars should stay in the queue. The leader loses any gap they have after a SC, giving the chasers more benefits in not having to pass the backmarkers is not for me.

I do realise it is not the prevailing opinion :)

I agree with you.

duckroll

Very sad to hear about Marussia closing shop. On the other hand, Caterham's crowdfunding plan is a huge joke. Considering the lack of transparency and confusion around how they ended up in this state in the first place, begging fans for money is just gross.

Addnan

They need 2.3 million. If you add together every single limited reward at a higher cost, it'll add up to about 400k. I guess they're hoping for a lot of supporters at lower amounts!
or you know, their maths is probably the reason they are in trouble right now.

Zeknurn

Everyone is squeezing Kimi this afternoon.

Rosberg's front right tyre looks absolutely ruined. There's a massive gash in the middle all the way around.

hamchan

Caterham things seems mega gross to me. The owners got themselves into their own financial mess, asking fans to save the team is just embarrassing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Leave the Dogecar alone guys :( You would totally sponsor a car for a weekend if you could do it for only $55k, don't lie

If I had 55k I'd do a tons of fun stuff, but wasting it on a F1 sponsorship is not among them, I assure you.

Top Bottom