• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

mclem

Indeed, going on a couple years now.

Soon.

Please be excited.

Their sponsor is John Cage.

qS49TWB.jpg

I would think it is too early, especially since they said they got a late start on the 2016 car (could be sandbagging though).

That's what I was thinking. We usually get the reveals at the end of January, but the countdown is clearly F1 related. Very weird.

New sponsor maybe ?
The car unveiling was said to be planned mid-February.

I found this in an article from 4 days ago.

Reports on Thursday suggested the new Ferrari would be launched online on either February 19 or 20 ahead of the start of pre-season testing in Barcelona on February 22. However, Ferrari denies it has set a date to unveil the new car and says it will make an announcement when it finalises its plans.

"The launch date and format will be made public in due time," a Ferrari spokesman told F1i. "What you may have heard so far is plain speculation."

Still weird, but I guess if they'd really launch the car at that date, they would've already told so.

A new sponsor makes sense or the launch of their new social media campaign, as a follow-up to the #RedSeason they had last year.

McNum

I for one would be very happy to see Magnussen in place of Maldonado.
Me too. I mean, Maldonado does have a way of making races less boring with his recklessness, but I'd rather see Magnussen get another shot than have Maldonado continue his role as a mobile hazard.

xrnzaaas

The pitlane not being alongside the start/finish straight is freakin me out!

Yeah it wouldn't work in an F1 race but since Formula E has long mandatory stops it could work. Very nice idea for the track and I'm surprised they may be allowed to race there.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
For the first time since I watch F1, looks like no free TV coverage for me. Our national TV dumped F1, apparently same will happen with ORF.

Lach

For the first time since I watch F1, looks like no free TV coverage for me. Our national TV dumped F1, apparently same will happen with ORF.

Where are you from?
It looks like we'll still have coverage in Switzerland (+ I'll watch the Channel 4 races on the weekends they're live). But the ratings have been declining (+budget pressure) and they might be dropping out for 2017....

xrnzaaas

Here in Poland F1 disappeared from free tv 2 seasons ago and now it's only on premium sports channels (no one knows for how long). This was big news, because it was on tv since the 90s. It was also very popular when Robert Kubica was racing, but after he had to leave F1 the viewership numbers quickly declined to abysmal levels.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Where are you from?
It looks like we'll still have coverage in Switzerland (+ I'll watch the Channel 4 races on the weekends they're live). But the ratings have been declining (+budget pressure) and they might be dropping out for 2017....

Slovenia.

dubc35

I don't think F1 has ever been on free TV here in the US (outside the few GP's NBC shows on NBC instead of NBCSN). Fox used to show a couple when SPEED had the coverage as well but it's never been on free TV as far as I know. It's also not nearly as popular here as it is in Europe though.

Top Bottom