• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Almost a year ago apparently...
Damn time flies. Weren't they dating for years too? Like since his Brawn days and prior to that as well? I did think they'd last but I guess once money gets thrown into the equation it kind of messes stuff up. I'm going to read that article.
Edit:
Thanks Bernie you killed their marriage.

He will suddenly became Lewis best pal and they will ravage nightclubs around the globe
Combine the two! Hulkenburg new hair makes him look like he's a high-money EDM act + add the bachelors as MCs = greatest party Monaco has ever seen that Friday night! I'd pay to see that. Uh, if I were ever in Monaco, that is. Wasn't one of the old STR drivers a DJ, too? And I know Kobayashi was into that scene. Let's make a stable here, people! Seriously anything while we suffer through 2016 before things get weird again.
I look forward to the Alonso/Webber/Button Porsche #17 car taking the WEC title in 2017.

Cheers.
Goddamn that would be amazing. I think Alonso might stick around for '17 and pray the new car is better, but Hulkenburg would fit in his place.

Goldrusher

https://twitter.com/sebvettelnews/status/679692572395085824/video/1

qVpCz81.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
F1 2015 is only 22,49 in the PS4 January sale, so I figured I might as well take the plunge and hook up the old steering wheel for shits and giggles.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
F1 2015 is only 22,49 in the PS4 January sale, so I figured I might as well take the plunge and hook up the old steering wheel for shits and giggles.

The game is pretty great. The driving feels by far the best in the series. The multiplayer lobbies and UI are a bit buggy, but it works.

Fox Mulder

The game is pretty great. The driving feels by far the best in the series. The multiplayer lobbies and UI are a bit buggy, but it works.

Yeah, it's a good foundation but shallow everywhere else. It even looks good. Hopefully they can build on it next year, but codemasters.

lol @ Kimi..

And poor jenson! Why marriage fucks up relationships???? they were good for 5 years then less than a year of marriage and they "suddenly" have problems?

I'll be surprised if money was not a factor.

zugzug

Proly something with them being gazed in the caribean and the dread he had to live with of not protecting her ate away at the relationship. That or he blames her for the bad Japanese engines......zing!

Proly something with them being gazed in the caribean and the dread he had to live with of not protecting her ate away at the relationship. That or he blames her for the bad Japanese engines......zing!

Did Kimi get married again? If he didn't, smart choice his ex walked away with loads of money

s_mirage

And poor jenson! Why marriage fucks up relationships???? they were good for 5 years then less than a year of marriage and they "suddenly" have problems?

I'll be surprised if money was not a factor.

Well, if what's reported is true, they've never lived together. She lives with her mom in Japan, while he lives in Monaco. Perhaps they just figured that it wasn't really a marriage, was unlikely to be in the near future unless one of them gave up their career, and neither were willing to.

Well, if what's reported is true, they've never lived together. She lives with her mom in Japan, while he lives in Monaco. Perhaps they just figured that it wasn't really a marriage, was unlikely to be in the near future unless one of them gave up their career, and neither were willing to.

But Jenson is gonna have a year or 2 max in F1 then any other series would be way below the demands of F1 traveling

It's money

xrnzaaas

I already bought the PS4 version, played for about an hour and liked the controls. The AI at the hard difficulty setting seems to be very good. The game could use a proper career mode, but at least we've got 2014 and 2015 seasons. Good offer but only when it's on a big sale like the current one.

Honda insider on F1 technical:

I have not heard anything about testing the whole PU, just the ICE with turbocharger. Honda believes at this point their ICE is equal in terms of power output with Merc if not superior. I am also under the belief that both the turbine and compressor are completely redesigned along with a new MGU-H unit. I also believe that McLaren is committed to the "size 0" packaging and of course Honda must work within that packaging.

All I know is that according to my nephew, his
colleagues seem genuinely enthusiastic about the new PU and really think they are going to surprise a lot of people. When they bolt this new PU into the chassis for testing, a lot of speculation will be quenched.

McLaren will not give a millimeter to the size 0 package and PP wants to shrink it even more in the back end.

Brawn type swing in performance coming for McLaren next season, from the back straight to the front. It'll be a beautiful sight.

Arai did an end of season interview with Japanese F1 blogger: http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/news/2015/12/19/058720.php

700%20%2811%29.jpg

Q: Going for size zero, that is generally thought is impossible to be achieved, is about executing Honda Soichiro's principle "you cannot know whether it's possible or impossible unless you try it", right?

A: No, we are not doing it because you cannot know unless you try it, but because we are convinced that size zero is a must in order to win.

Q: One thing I'd like to make sure - ongoing development for next year is carrying over the concept of size zero?

A: Yes of course.

Q: So you are not changing concept

A: Not for now at least. Why, because there is no reason to change in regard to the direction in which we've been going throughout the year, and we cannot see any parts that can be better by changing. It's not like size zero is interfering/obstructing anything at all, so. To begin with, designing it compact is the basis of things, so if that is wrong then principles of everything not just size zero would be denied. To make machinery compact yields various advantages not just about chassis wise but also for many other aspects, but truth is that we are not able to take good advantage of it. So, method of placing the first year as a foundation and maturing it to develop the 2016 car is mutual agreement with McLaren. Maturing the platform by improving shortfall on Engine (PU) as well as chassis side including aero is the way we challenge for 2016.

Q: Isn't cooling the issue for/of size zero?

A: No, not at all.

Q: If that's the case, then what did you struggle about? What was lacking, what were reasons for not leading to good result?

A: Regarding what we are in charge of, reliability is one, engine output is one, and deployment issue is one. There is no single issue about cooling.

Q: I thought you were suffering from cooling issue due to the size zero concept that compromised packaging.

A: No, not at all. We've overcome that issue in the first few races.

Q: The talk is that Merc has advantage in cooling due to split design of turbine and compressor.

A: I wouldn't buy that. That Mercedes solution is particularly beneficial for cooling is not true. We do not think Mercedes' layout is advantageous for cooling. Asked if there's any circumstantial evidence for the relation, I would say no. They are working on their own concept, and I don't believe there is any close relation with cooling itself.

Q: So why do you think Mercedes is such formidable?

A: That's because they have excellent reliability having managed to use only 4 PUs/season, have no deployment issue, have good engine output, as well as high potential of chassis (laughs)

Q: Why do they have such excellent reliability?

A: One thing is because they've had long development period.

Q: Engine output, reliability and deployment. Which element is lacking the most?

A: All of them actually (laughs)

Q: ICE is there or thereabout among the field, but increasing output sacrifices reliability, or something like that?

A: Of course something like that happens, where the parts that has been fine previously are not fine anymore if you increase the output level. However it's deployment issue that disappoints fans the most, isn't it. 120kW of power becomes zero in the middle of straight, so for example when you can add 160bhp to 300bhp, you are forced into a situation where you cannot use that additional 160bhp. Actual horse power is higher than that, but that's how things are like, so you get passed so easily.

Q: In terms of laptime, the difference doesn't become that big actually, but if you see the moment of overtaking, it looks extremely huge.

A: That's right. It disheartens the fans so much, also such scene is so explicit, so it looks completely hopeless. But if you look at lap time, the difference is not as big as what it looks like actually, but it is symbolically plain to see, so. From spectators viewpoint, deployment not running out is such important factor. Of course in order for overtaking, we cannot fight with deployment that runs out. We reckon that we wont be able to fight properly unless we work out all 3 elements. You told me while ago that we were giving the impression that we're not running much. That's the issue of the reliability, sure at least it's not so good to halt a session by trouble, so that's the first thing to overcome. There's another matter to address in output, but solving deployment issue is vital.

In Peter P's matured Size 0 concept and Honda's fixed PU I trust.

And today with have the reason why ITV did not to return to F1, they chose to spend their cash on horse racing.

Horse racing > Formula One. At this rate F1 highlights will be lucky to get on ITV4 in five years time.

Top Bottom