• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Aiii

So not worth it
Is a McLaren supporter, undeniably the least fun team on the grid, really the best judge of the perceived dullness of Australian Legend Mark Webber? I am not convinced.

Humidex

Oh never mind, there's always Lambrini

IDShot_540x540.jpg

No Aston Martin Racing this season.

According to chief operating officer Szafnauer while Aston Martin may opt to return to Formula 1 in the years to come, it won't be in 2016.

He told Autosport: "It probably won't happen for 2016, but we're still talking.

"It's flattering for a company like Aston to be talking to Force India, to want to partner with us and come into Formula 1, but the story isn't final there yet."

Explaining why the deal was on hold, he added: "They have a lot of initiatives and they're changing their line-up of cars.

http://planetf1.com/news/force-indias-aston-martin-deal-on-hold/

What a shame. It would've been great to have that brand on the grid.

Also, Ferrari's former scapegoat Nikolas Tombazis is joining Manor as their Chief Aerodynamicist.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Formula E teasing some big news later today.

@FIAformulaE
Lots of you expecting the announcement to be circuit related.

You're kind of close...but also very far off. Any other guesses?

DBT85

Is a McLaren supporter, undeniably the least fun team on the grid, really the best judge of the perceived dullness of Australian Legend Mark Webber? I am not convinced.

I might usually say there was a chance.

But its Wax.

So no.

"FIAFormulaE ‏@FIAformulaE 3m3 minutes ago

We're debating dropping a hint in the next hour or so. I think you lot deserve it, no?"

A hint within the next hour or so. Great.

Zeknurn

They retweeted someone asking if it's a new support race.

Maybe Formula 1 is finally turning into the support series that it is.

I don't support McLaren, and you're wrong, it was comedy hour on and off the track all season long there last year.

Without a doubt the must fun team in F1.

Webber is just a dull whinging Aussie like Stoner.

If this line up happens it'll be total Red Bull wankfest with a dash of Vettel potshotting with DC and Webber.

Coverage sponsored by Red Bull as well? lol

I just hope Guy Martin gets a C4 series based on F1.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My guess is that Formula E will be a support race during an F1 weekend. Monaco, Azerbaijan, or Mexico.

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1: '@Channel4 says its first live #F1 weekend will be Bahrain, followed by Spain, Baku, GB, Hungary, Spa, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico & Abu D
@adamcooperF1: So a lot of live races with good UK start times for @Channel4. The rest will be highlights of course, and all coverage will be in HD.
@adamcooperF1: What that list does reveal is that the 2016 Monaco GP will not be live on free-to-air TV in the UK...

Helmut Marko, trying to repair the relationship between Renault and Red Bull.

"For now Marko says Renault would best be served by putting their efforts behind Red Bull, who despite initially cancelling their contract with the company will run rebranded Renault engines in 2016.

The Red Bull advisor told Motorsport-Magazin.com: "When I look at the current Lotus team, which is now the Renault factory team, then they must, if they are in their right mind, put everything on us."

He added: "With that team and with those drivers they have practically nothing."

http://planetf1.com/news/marko-renault-should-back-red-bull/

Oh, wait. So they're not covering all races either? I somehow completely forgot about that.

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair, Monaco last year was one of the more interesting races with Verstappen's overtakes and crash and the Hamilton fuck up. But all in all, Monaco and Spain should never be part of your choices of 10 races to watch.

Zeknurn

That looks to be a real article. Wasp F1 Team. I like it.

Hopefully next year they'll leave out Spain too.

To be fair, Monaco last year was one of the more interesting races with Verstappen's overtakes and crash and the Hamilton fuck up. But all in all, Monaco and Spain should never be part of your choices of 10 races to watch.

Spain is probably the last pick in the last round.

tomtom94

I can see why Sky like it - the prestige helps hook in people who would otherwise not watch F1. But it is a procession most of the time. Thank goodness Mercedes have tried to liven things up eh

Top Bottom