• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Renault's 2016 livery?

CZATJBtWEAAQt7p.jpg

CZATI_wWEAAXz3g.jpg

Wow, that's probably the most oleasing yellow livery I've seen in F1 since Jordan's J199..

Live races on Channel 4:

April 3 Bahrain (Round 2)
May 15 Spain (Round 5)
June 19 Europe/Azerbaijan (Round 8)
July 10 Britain (Round 10)
July 24 Hungary (Round 11)
August 28 Belgium (Round 13)
September 4 Italy (Round 14)
October 2 Malaysia (Round 16)
October 30 Mexico (Round 19)
November 27 Abu Dhabi (Round 21)

Edit: Can't read.

Aiii

So not worth it
So they're taking up Force India's role this year then...

That would require them to:
1. Invest actual money into the car past the first race.
2. Be a sympathetic team you want to see on the podium.

Neither of which are likely to happen.

Not having either of the North American races or Brazil is a bit of a bummer, as the highlights for those will be annoyingly late on a Sunday night.

Although on the bright side, I might have completely lost interest by then anyway.

DBT85

Helmut Marko, trying to repair the relationship between Renault and Red Bull.

"For now Marko says Renault would best be served by putting their efforts behind Red Bull, who despite initially cancelling their contract with the company will run rebranded Renault engines in 2016.

The Red Bull advisor told Motorsport-Magazin.com: "When I look at the current Lotus team, which is now the Renault factory team, then they must, if they are in their right mind, put everything on us."

He added: "With that team and with those drivers they have practically nothing."

http://planetf1.com/news/marko-renault-should-back-red-bull/

Lol. That red bull allow him to keep opening his mouth to the press continues to astonish.

"I know we tried to cancel our contract and slagged them off all year but now that were stuck with them but still aren't going to give them any credit, they should focus entirety on us, because their team is a shit show".

Zeknurn

Will this be Ferrari type revolution? Like promising ground breaking stuff and then failing hard?

It will be the small incremental upgrade it always is.

Motorsport.com - Sebastian Vettel returned to the cockpit of a Formula 1 car today for a test in a 2014 Ferrari at Fiorano.
It is unclear the exact motivation for the early test – which comes after the German spent a day in Maranello's wind tunnel – but it will either be to get a head-start on preparation for the forthcoming season or being used for promotional/sponsor reasons.

German Jesus spares no time.

dubc35

Austrian authorities may fine Red Bull for Max's snow hill climb.

Verstappen and Red Bull were helping to promote this year's Austrian Grand Prix, but local authorities reportedly did not see the bright side of the F1 snow stunt. Tiroler Tageszeitung newspaper reports that administrative proceedings have been filed against Red Bull, as official approval for the event was not granted.

Kitzbuhel ski slopes director Michael Berger confirmed the news, saying approval must be given for the driving of any vehicle outside normal traffic or fenced areas, due to the potential for causing damage to nature.

tomtom94

Williams considering a switch to Honda in 2017 according Sport Bild.

Mercs time is up, Honda domination is coming.

Barring significant evidence to the contrary, I'm going to chalk this up as a deliberate leak by Williams to try and give them a stronger negotiating position to renew their deal with Mercedes.

Zeknurn

Williams won't win a championship with the b spec engine they get from Mercedes so it makes sense to change to Honda.

Everyone not Mercedes and Ferrari will have a better chance with Honda.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It'll be really interesting to see if Honda has managed to solve its issues over the winter. If so, I could see those rumors being true. It's not like Honda (or Renault) don't know how to build engines. The development and testing restrictions just make it an overly tough job.

It'll be really interesting to see if Honda has managed to solve its issues over the winter. If so, I could see those rumors being true. It's not like Honda (or Renault) don't know how to build engines. The development and testing restrictions just make it an overly tough job.

The problem for them is that the shortened pre-season tests this year really doesn't help anyone to catch up.

TCRS

Banned
been out of the loop for a while. have any new cars been presented? if not, when is the first presentation?

andshrew

Williams won't win a championship with the b spec engine they get from Mercedes so it makes sense to change to Honda.

Everyone not Mercedes and Ferrari will have a better chance with Honda.

Realistically I don't think it would make any difference. McLaren are Honda's works partner, they get the same benefits that Ferrari and Mercedes get ie. best spec engine, early upgrades etc.

Short of a dramatic breakdown in the McLaren/Honda relationship they would get the same or similar customer relation with Honda to which they already have with Merc.

Hamilton keeps uploading clips of him playing with tigers on Facebook. I'm waiting from him to buy one and name it Ron or for one of them to attack him.

Zeknurn

Realistically I don't think it would make any difference. McLaren are Honda's works partner, they get the same benefits that Ferrari and Mercedes get ie. best spec engine, early upgrades etc.

Short of a dramatic breakdown in the McLaren/Honda relationship they would get the same or similar customer relation with Honda to which they already have with Merc.

If, a very big if Honda puts out a superior power unit, a second team could capitalize on it while McLaren is off being McLaren.

I don't see the same thing happening with Mercedes again or Ferrari. They're both on the ball enough to always keep an advantage to a b spec team.

Top Bottom