• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Goldrusher

New Twitter name/handle/thingy:

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1

CaSrACvWcAAkCN-.jpg:orig

Carmen was also there...

Aiii

So not worth it
Should just stop pretending and have her walk around in a bikini if you're gonna have all the press there anyways.

"development driver" my ass.

tomtom94

Who was it that was complaining about there not being enough colour on the grid? There you go.

(black is a colour. in fact, it's all the colours mixed together. QED)

Looks better than that F1 Racing livery.

Petr Hlawiczka ‏@hlawiczka 15m15 minutes ago

#F1 #Renault #RE16 (new power unit) total horsepower: 875 HP.

#F1 #Renault #RS16 dimensions: front/rear track 1450/1400mm, Overall height/width: 950/1800mm, weight 702kg (with driver, cameras & ballast)

Mercedes reign of terror is over. Honda and Renault are back!

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think if they switch the black and yellow on the car (making the car mostly yellow) but kept the matte parts on the engine black it would be a decent looking livery.

This I agree with. It would become a blockier/modern version of the yellow jacket livery from a decade ago.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Will be a tough fight against McLaren for the blackest boring livery of the field.

dubc35

Will be a tough fight against McLaren for the blackest boring livery of the field.

Nah, Renault has a lot more sponsors.

I'm not sure why you would reveal a livery to only say it will change. Maybe just a glorified media event and they wanted to roll the car out.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Icefire1424

WOHOOO! That seriously made my day.

(Granted, I'm having a particularly crappy day, and that was the first thing to actually make me smile...wohoo!)

Chris R

Engine news is good, maybe some aero changes in the next version of the formula will happen too?

I CAN HOPE RIGHT?

Icefire1424

Engine news is good, maybe some aero changes in the next version of the formula will happen too?

I CAN HOPE RIGHT?

You can hope. 2017 was the year they were shooting for the "5 second improvement", but most of the changes made to reach that goal will be in the tires, and even Pirelli is skeptical that their tires would even be able to make that much of an improvement. New aero regulations to improve downforce would certainly be required, but no indication what the new regulations would be, at least that I've heard. Willing to bet the new cockpits will be in place by 2017 as well, although believe the FIA is going for the Mercedes "Halo" design instead of a closed cockpit, which really would have been something.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why can't they just allow extended free practice during some weekends which can be used for testing? Would keep the cost reasonable vs having dedicated testing weekends that you have to cart all your gear to.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why can't they just allow extended free practice during some weekends which can be used for testing? Would keep the cost reasonable vs having dedicated testing weekends that you have to cart all your gear to.

With their stupid 4-engine-per-season rules, nobody would run more than they do now because their engines would be death by Malaysia.

mclem

Awful presenter Steve Jones will be the presenter of C4 F1 according to Digital Spy.

I don't think he's too bad, but I will say that the stuff I've seen him in required him to be a little bit tongue-in-cheek. Playing it straight will be different.

Well, unless it means the other Steve Jones, who among other things was the host of the short-lived UK version of Jeopardy!.

xrnzaaas

I don't think good news is ever going to come out for Michael. I hope I'm wrong but given the amount of time and (perceived) lack of progress the future doesn't look optimistic. Again, I hope I'm wrong and he can recover; keep fighting Michael!

I don't think any major news will be posted about his health by his PR people or by his family until the inevitable thing happens... It's their wish and people like di Montezemolo should respect that even if the general public wants to know more.

Top Bottom