• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Zeknurn

Algesuari calling F1 predictable heh.

Race is about to start btw.

edit: Crazy race already. So much sliding, overtaking and lockups. That pit stop by DAmbrosio was entertaining as well.

Lach

This is the first full race I'm watching since the very first one.

Holy shit the commentators are actually talking to the leader DURING the race (during safety car). How awesome is that?!?!?

Aiii

So not worth it
I love the in-car interviews during safety car periods.

F1 should really take note on how FE handles drivers and press.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes engine is already producing 900+ bhp and they are planning to add some more during the season (motorsport). They had rumored 840 bhp peak last season...
Cowell confirmed that the Mercedes engine was now delivering in excess of 900bhp.

Mercedes believes its power unit was delivering more than 45 percent thermal efficiency last year – and a graph shown to journalists suggested that the step being prepared for 2016 could be as big a leap forward as the team made between 2014 and 2015.

Mercedes also completed crash tests for 2016

Mercedes engine is already producing 900+ bhp and they are planning to add some more during the season (motorsport). They had rumored 840 bhp peak last season...

Mercedes also completed crash tests for 2016

Honda ICE had an output of 665bhp during the final race at Abu Dhabi, according to the Honda insider at vtec forum, the 2016 version will see a 6% increase in performance, so around 860-70bhp with a fixed ERS in race trim.

Peter P will deliver the goods, the championship is McLaren's next season.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Wax you don't even try to sound serious anymore, that's outright trolling there..:p

Or ... McLaren is moving to GP2, in which case things make sense again. They already have the proper engine.

Aiii

So not worth it
screenshot2016-02-08aopsxs.png

Well, in a broadcast with precisely no celebs turning up to randomly talk about a sport they know nothing about, I didn't really see the worth in him turning up.

So yeah, I've got a problem with it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yup. People complain that F1 drivers are PR robots today, and they also complain that Hamilton isn't what the others are.
Let him enjoy his lifestyle if he likes it and he can put a line between racing and other activities (until another lady will mess up his mind). On the opposite side you have Vettel, who is keeping his private life as hidden as he can.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well, in a broadcast with precisely no celebs turning up to randomly talk about a sport they know nothing about, I didn't really see the worth in him turning up.

So yeah, I've got a problem with it.

They definitely had other people on, Martin O'Neil turned up at one point.

I was definitely not a fan of Hamilton's lifestyle, but I came around it and now I'm happy that he still gets to do all these things and enjoys it. In that sense he's more interesting and enjoyable than the peusdo-cool hack fraud Kimi is.

Zeknurn

The broadcaster took over the terrestrial contract from the BBC and has already confirmed David Coulthard will be part of its on-screen line-up. Ben Edwards and Lee McKenzie from the BBC TV line up are believed to also be signed, while former McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh told this site he has turned it down. C4 stalwart Guy Martin will be involved. The main presenter looks likely to come from outside the sport; it is understood the channel wants its coverage to be personality led.

Prost said: “There is nothing done with UK TV but it could be nice. I will continue with Canal + as usual for sure.
“I do not know why people are talking so much about UK TV, maybe it is because I am friends with David [Coulthard], but we see what the future holds.”
Prost also talks about Renault, the current power units and the overall state of F1. Well worth the read.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/...-new-rules-not-only-in-one-area-of-formula-1/

Top Bottom