• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Juicy Bob

I don't think good news is ever going to come out for Michael. I hope I'm wrong but given the amount of time and (perceived) lack of progress the future doesn't look optimistic. Again, I hope I'm wrong and he can recover; keep fighting Michael!
This is the reality, I feel.

Aiii

So not worth it
This was only ever going to end one way. I feel bad for the guy that they let him live in this state for so long, he always seemed like an adrenaline junkie (like most racing drivers), so if he has any conscious thought at all, this must be hell.

I can only imagine Michael had specific wishes to do everything in their power to help him in the result of the accident. It seems like it must be torture on the family to have him like this for so long. There have been reports that it is even a financial strain on the family, which is crazy considering how wealthy he is. Apparently he basically has his own private medical wing, staffed and all, at his Swiss estate.

I am of the personal opinion that prolonging life in a vegetative or near vegetative state is cruel and diminishes or slowly degrades that persons legacy. Then again, this is all speculative since the official details have been so sparse. Ugh, any talk or new of Schumi still guts me.

Icefire1424

Heh.

_88094420_crashbandicoot_jakeddcreative.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I can only imagine Michael had specific wishes to do everything in their power to help him in the result of the accident. It seems like it must be torture on the family to have him like this for so long. There have been reports that it is even a financial strain on the family, which is crazy considering how wealthy he is. Apparently he basically has his own private medical wing, staffed and all, at his Swiss estate.

I am of the personal opinion that prolonging life in a vegetative or near vegetative state is cruel and diminishes or slowly degrades that persons legacy. Then again, this is all speculative since the official details have been so sparse. Ugh, any talk or new of Schumi still guts me.

Yeah, it's terrible.

Crazy how they have managed to keep his condition front leaking.

They'd have to climax it at the 2000 season because the rest isn't really great movie material

Oh come on now, the whole JV vs MS 1997 season with Jerez crash as the climax would make for a million times better movie. That, and Hakkinen would probably be the worst idea for a movie antagonist, even Coulthard would be more screen worthy; except he was never a good driver. Besides, the only interesting things I remember Hakkinen doing are crying in 1999 and running out of gas in 2001. 2000 was a really dull season apart from Ferrari building an incredible car.

Aiii

So not worth it
If we're going to talk shit about God Mika in this thread there will be a throw-down. I'm just saying.

Goldrusher

Booth's Manor WEC-team unveiled...

https://twitter.com/ManorWEC
http://www.manorwec.com/

MANOR TO RACE ORECA 05 LM P2 IN 2016 FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Friday 5th February 2016, 15:30hrs CET

Manor has chosen the ORECA LM P2 05 chassis to spearhead its entry into the 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship.

The UK based team which is entering the FIA World Endurance Championship for the first time, has selected the ORECA 05 chassis powered by a Nissan engine.

The ORECA 05 has already been proven as a race winning chassis in the FIA World Endurance Championship and also took winning honours in the 83rd running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

John Booth, Team Principal, Manor

“We have been very impressed with the design of the ORECA 05 both in terms of its aerodynamic performance and also its mechanical design and forward thinking safety features.

“ORECA have clearly designed their chassis with feedback from its customer teams in mind and we are really looking forward to working with them throughout the upcoming season.”

David Floury, Technical Director, ORECA

“We are looking forward to start working with Manor. This is a well‐known team which has been successful in the past years. We will bring our knowledge and expertise for their new project in endurance racing. We will have to defend our LM P2 win at 24 Hours of Le Mans last year and aim to win the FIA WEC title, and having Manor alongside our other customer teams is a real asset.”

CadWhZBWwAASCIj.jpg:orig

DD

Nice indeed! I love the design of the Oreca 05. It's the best looking car on the grid, on all classes, IMHO.

Zaru

Oh come on now, the whole JV vs MS 1997 season with Jerez crash as the climax would make for a million times better movie. That, and Hakkinen would probably be the worst idea for a movie antagonist, even Coulthard would be more screen worthy; except he was never a good driver. Besides, the only interesting things I remember Hakkinen doing are crying in 1999 and running out of gas in 2001. 2000 was a really dull season apart from Ferrari building an incredible car.

If we're talking about it in movie terms...
97 would present the intermediate low point of his career, getting straight up disqualified from the championship and earning a bad reputation. The broken leg and Irvine support of 99 would get back sympathy. 2000 was the rise from the ashes moment. Good start, mid-season problems where everything seems lost, Häkkinen yet again leading the championship with 3 races left to go. Then a triumphant season finish to mark the beginning of his Ferrari glory days.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Which actor does have a chin that massive that he could portray Schumacher believably?

Zeknurn

First race of the year!

The Buenos Aires ePrix time table (Local Time GMT-3)
  • 8:15 NON-QUALIFYING PRACTICE 1
  • 10:30 NON-QUALIFYING PRACTICE 2
  • 12:00 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 1
  • 12:10 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 2
  • 12:20 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 3
  • 12:30 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 4
  • 12:45 SUPER POLE
  • 16:00 RACE (35 laps)
  • 17:05 Podium ceremony in the eVillage

Youtube livestream starts in 27 minutes.

ITV4 Broadcast starts 6pm UK time.

Enjoy!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That's an interesting way to demolish the rear of a car...

edit: Vergne out due to illness? Lopez replacing him?

LoveCake

First race of the year!

The Buenos Aires ePrix time table (Local Time GMT-3)
  • 8:15 NON-QUALIFYING PRACTICE 1
  • 10:30 NON-QUALIFYING PRACTICE 2
  • 12:00 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 1
  • 12:10 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 2
  • 12:20 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 3
  • 12:30 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 4
  • 12:45 SUPER POLE
  • 16:00 RACE (35 laps)
  • 17:05 Podium ceremony in the eVillage

Youtube livestream starts in 27 minutes.

ITV4 Broadcast starts 6pm UK time.

Enjoy!

I like a bit of Formula E, should be a good season this year.

Ryne

Any way for Canadians to watch this? "Not available in your country" BS.

Edit: Looked it up, going to watch it through Fox Sports if I can get it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Vergne back in the car from food poisoning.

Half expecting explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting coming from the car.

Top Bottom