• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

"New central location for Berlin ePrix"

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/february/new-central-location-for-berlin-eprix.aspx

berlin_news.jpeg

...lol, looks like that roundabout picture.

That doesn't even resemble a race track.

dubc35

Supposedly the racing in FE is great. I would hope so when they roll out "tracks" like this. Tilke doesn't look to bad right now in comparison.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The problem with most Formula E tracks is that no matter how interesting the surrounding area looks like; during the race you don't see anything other than blue walls. Needs some higher camera angles from time to time.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Mercedes team is already at Silverstone. They had build pit garage to test all the systems (like data link between HQ and racetrack)

Icefire1424

Let's hope Mick doesn't inherit his dads mustache.

Eesh, never saw Schumi with a mustache before, and you aren't kidding.

That said, I'm curious if Mick will try to follow in his dad's footprints, or do his own thing. Saw he moved up to Formula 4, seems to have some talent, but keep forgetting that he's still really young.

Well, "young". Only a couple years behind Verstappen.

Eesh, never saw Schumi with a mustache before, and you aren't kidding.

That said, I'm curious if Mick will try to follow in his dad's footprints, or do his own thing. Saw he moved up to Formula 4, seems to have some talent, but keep forgetting that he's still really young.

Well, "young". Only a couple years behind Verstappen.
For years I thought he was a completely different person only to eventually find out that it was a younger Michael Schumacher with a mustache. It was hilarious.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes is apparently very interested in Mick Schumacher and they could take him under their wing

Looks like Stevens is out. A huge loss for the sport.

Replaced by Haryanto, who's probably just as mediocre.

Money money money...Haryanto payed in advance if rumors are correct.
Wehrlein should get a Mercedes tattoo, because he got the seat only due to engine deal

Meanwhile, Seb is talking that Mercedes dominance and rule changes are bad for sport. Well, looks like he has some issues with his memory

Zeknurn

It looks like Formula E is looking into making a video game based on the series. They are doing a survey asking people's gaming habits.

and

@tghalls: Here's one we missed...if you could make only one type of @FIAformulaE game in the next 18 months, what would it be?
@tghalls: @leo90ae @FIAformulaE we mean a licensed game for Formula E, so technically they are. Think F12015, Project Cars etc..multiplatform.

Zaru

Well, looks like he has some issues with his memory

To be fair, in 2010 and 2012 he had to fight his way to the championship from as far back as 5th/4th in the later stages of the seasons. Hardly comparable to what Merc is doing right now.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Wehrlein will have a double role this season, because he still remains a Mercedes dev driver (read: simulator guy). If something happens to Lewis or Nico, they are considering Ocon to be the most serious replacement (if they reach agreement with Renault)

Amus

As for trucks, do we know which trucks are Ferrari using? Renault is using their own with cube-like cabin

To be fair, in 2010 and 2012 he had to fight his way to the championship from as far back as 5th/4th in the later stages of the seasons. Hardly comparable to what Merc is doing right now.
In 2010 he was a bit error prone and didn't have the best reliability and in 2012 it took a bit for the car to take shape the way Newey wanted it and McfuckingLaren couldn't stop finding new ways to throw points away. I'll admit he earned both those championships but it lined up in his favor at times as well.
Looks like McLaren-Honda read the gaf thread and decided to replace their Mercedes trucks with Volvo.

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/ins...ficial-supplier-mclaren-honda-formula-1-team/
Ron senpai noticed me. Why the fuck is that press release so god damn long to announce some fucking trucks?

DD

It's ugly, but badass at the same time, like an Audi R18 (the 2015 and 16 models. The ones from before beautiful), for example.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The lighting in those shots is not optimal. Maybe the base color is actually much bluer than it appears to be on those photos.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Matte is good. Red Bull logo too big. Would prefer bluer livery overall. Total logos bring it down a bit.

Top Bottom