• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

dubc35

So are most of the other car launches on Monday?

Yeah, most are Monday. From the last page (well, now 2 pages ago):
Starting to get exciting again with the first test and 2016 car launches ahead !

We had the Renault launch in early February but it's expected to be heavily revised even by the first test, so now we have :
17 Feb Red Bull Livery launch in London
19 Feb Ferrari Online
21 Feb McLaren Online
22 Feb Haas F1 Barcelona
22 Feb Mercedes Barcelona
22 Feb Red Bull Barcelona
22 Feb Toro Rosso Barcelona
22 Feb Williams Barcelona
22 Feb Manor Barcelona
22 Feb Force India Barcelona (TBC)
01 Mar Sauber Barcelona (Test n°2)

I'm really looking forward to next week, especially with a good teaser for this week-end ;)

jey_16

Banned
the matte works, just should have stuck with the lighter blue

i wonder if the Torro Rosso is going to look completely different now?

Ryne

Like the matte look! Could use a smaller logo or something.

I'm still hoping for some more colour with the upcoming liveries. Don't want a field full of dark cars.

Jezbollah

I do wonder if they're going to brand the Toro Rosso cars with another Red Bull product (eg Red Bull Cola - and that product's colour scheme).

Shaneus

the matte works, just should have stuck with the lighter blue

i wonder if the Torro Rosso is going to look completely different now?
sugarfree.jpg

BELIEVE

Zeknurn

Red Bull Racing has submitted a design study for a canopy alternative to the Halo F1 cockpit protection option currently preferred by the FIA.

Engineers from five F1 teams – including experts on stress analysis – are meeting with FIA safety expert Andy Mellor in London today to talk about how to integrate the Halo, and it is understood that the Red Bull idea will also feature in the discussions if there's time.

The idea features a combination of a "glass" material and carbon, as did a recent idea that emerged from Mercedes.

"Obviously head protection is crucial," said Red Bull
Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner when asked by Motorsport.com.

"Red Bull is making another submission for a canopy that we believe will be a safer option. It's more of a canopy than a Halo.

"But it needs to be tested, which hopefully can be done very quickly.

"We have a committed a design study on evolving the FIA's theme, and we feel there's a viable solution."

Asked if it could be readied for 2017, he added: "Why not?"

Please save us Red Bull.

McLaren and Honda have shotdown all the BS reliability stories about the 2016 unit, also the stories about using a hybrid pu at the first test.

PeterP rocketship.

hadareud

The Translator
I would be delighted if Honda and McLaren were to make everyone look like fools.

Not going to happen any time soon, though.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So, Ferrari will unveil their car online at 14:00 CET and we can expect some spy shots of new Mercedes from Silverstone

Risgroo

OMG this year is going to be sweet.

If it all pans out
The 920hp Honda will save us.
Apparently this is due to some changes in Mercedes PU components placing (customers teams are copying the works team this year) and higher gearbox sitting
Sidepod undercut is much bigger than last year and rear looks very tight.

Interview with Pat Symonds
Impressive! Hopefully they can at least keep third in the championship.

Hasney

Just noticed on PSN that Codemasters have bundled all the PS3 F1 games they made together for $114.99. Who the hell wants them all right now?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Tobias Grüner @tgruener

Williams FW38 starts testing with old stubby nose. New cleaner Mercedes-style nose planned for Melbourne.

Other upgrades are also planned for Melbourne according to Claire Williams.

DD

Tobias Grüner @tgruener

Williams FW38 starts testing with old stubby nose. New cleaner Mercedes-style nose planned for Melbourne.

Other upgrades are also planned for Melbourne according to Claire Williams.

Yes!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
haha 920bhp!

Is this one of those lost in translation things where the word 'Peak' means the same thing as 'Imaginary' in Japanese?

Top Bottom