• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

ferrari-side.jpg

Sidepods are shorter but very long/streamlined

Rear is tight AF. Rivalling McLaren's size zero...

Is it confirmed that their nose is temporary?

Jezbollah

Part of me thinks that there's too much white on that car. The rest of me just hopes the thing is quick :)

Also, I wonder how much the Haas will look like this?

Part of me thinks that there's too much white on that car. The rest of me just hopes the thing is quick :)

Also, I wonder how much the Haas will look like this?

The Haas is supposed to be very similar, but I think Gene Haas already came out and said their chassis would be better than Ferrari's.

Zeknurn

The SFIST had a better livery. They shouldn't have reintroduced the excessive white.

I'm also disappointed that they didn't opt for another hilarious name for their car.

Ark

Loving the new Ferrari livery.

Is the Red Bull livery confirmed to be their actual race livery, or just a testing livery?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
F1 Fanatic ‏@f1fanatic_co_uk

Mercedes will release images of their new car on Sunday then present it on Monday morning

Mercedes lineup for first test - HAM / ROS / HAM / ROS

Also they published on board footage of new car on their FB - they had only half of the lap opened in Silverstone for filming (and probably due to mileage limit)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes locked their Twiter profile, so only followers will be able to see their pics (snippets of new car)

It will be locked until 8 pm CET

Ryne

Yeah, they did, that's weird. Oh well, I was already following so lets see if they do something unique.

MERCEDES AMG F1 ‏@MercedesAMGF1 21s21 seconds ago
Today is all about you: our #BestFans! As our way of saying thanks,we're giving you an exclusive 1st look at some mega stuff today #WeAreW07

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I took this still from Mercedes short vid, damn it is tight in the rear and you can see massive undercut beneath sidepods
mercchu2r.png

I took this still from Mercedes short vid, damn it is tight in the rear and you can see massive undercut beneath sidepods
mercchu2r.png

Doesn't really look all that tight to me. I think you may be fooled by the black paint.

If that's the car they will unveil tomorrow I don't see how it's any different from the W06. I actually thought this was a W06 upon first glance.

Happy to be proven wrong of course.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Doesn't really look all that tight to me. I think you may be fooled by the black paint.
Been rolling the twitter movie in that three second segment and black paint nicely camouflage the body shape but it is very tightly packed in the back - best seen right before car disappear from camera's FOV

And of course the car is similar to W06...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The Ferrari's livery is starting to grow on me. Don't like the dick-nose. Hope that they refine that part during testing.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The Ferrari's livery is starting to grow on me. Don't like the dick-nose. Hope that they refine that part during testing.

Probably they will introduce Mercedes like short nose in Melbourne

And possibly screw something badly.

DieH@rd

Banned
I am not trying to look for too much details in these new livery pictures. I want to see how will they look on track during TV race coverage.

Been rolling the twitter movie in that three second segment and black paint nicely camouflage the body shape but it is very tightly packed in the back - best seen right before car disappear from camera's FOV

And of course the car is similar to W06...

Sidepods a bit narrower, and yeah, the airbox is huuuge, but not sure if it's a permanent design or can be adjusted depending on cooling requirements.

Otherwise, nose looks similar (might be sloping differently, though). Not sure what's changed to be honest, unless they will change nose/wings, etc. during testing.

"Enhanced" image here

A couple of the spy pictures did suggest a new airbox but I wasn't expecting one you can kick a football down. I suspect they are up to something.

Top Bottom