• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

hadareud

The Translator
Need to watch it. I was thinking about that the other day too when someone here mentioned that it would be more difficult to clean.

I was thinking of the "shark-skin" suits that swimmers were wearing a few years ago and whether a similar sort of finish on an F1 car optimised for air rather than water would have a desirable effect and whether that's what RB were going for.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Alonso at 3 laps already this morning.

Current ranking:

Hamilton, 76
Magnussen, 49
Verstappen, 42
Raikkonen, 41
Nasr, 35
Kvyat, 29
Massa, 28
Haryanto, 26
Gutierrez, 26
Celis, 22
Alonso, 3

Also interesting:

Here's how the speed-trap figures looked during yesterday's running:

1 Nasr, 338.5km/h
2 Hamilton, 337.5km/h
3 Massa, 334.3km/h
4 Hulkenberg, 333.3km/h
5 Haryanto, 333.3km/h
6 Magnussen, 332.3km/h
7 Grosjean, 331.2km/h
8 Raikkonen, 331.2km/h
9 Rosberg, 328.2km/h
10 Sainz, 327.2km/h
11 Kvyat, 322.3km/h
12 Button, 320.4km/h

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Just check the Mercedes FW, which is also new, how crazy developed it is already. And that they completed mandatory crash tests with this nose...But I am curious if they will pass deflection test done by the FIA before Melbourne (every team will have to go through that test on pre-GP check)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
And Raikonnen also still in the pits, no running yet in the afternoon part of the last day of preseason test #1. 2 hours and 45 minutes to go.

Williams also with issues

Looks like the end of the first test for Mclaren

Engine kaput gemacht
untitled-1gexvb.gif

Anybody think there'll be a repeat of this?

Aiii

So not worth it
I expect McLaren to be in exactly the same position they ended in last year.

Problem for McLaren is that Manor is no longer behind them and Sauber will not start to suck until the end of spring, so that puts them at the back of the grid.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari is replacing malfunctioning cooling radiator in their car and it will take some time to fix it

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Looks like the end of the first test for Mclaren

Engine kaput gemacht

Oh boy, if they are still struggling with the same problems, then Alonso's radio conversations over the first races will be interesting.

Staab

He actually crashed into the barriers this time though :(
Think Manor are probably done for the day with various checks needing to be done...

Not sure that was on really. Since when do they do practice starts out of the pit box? (Note, if they were practising a pit exit they sure as shit wouldn't go straight on out of the box)

Aiii

So not worth it
Well the dude was warned to get the fuck out of the way nicely. Should've gotten his shot right the first time instead of spraying and praying.

He was tapped on the back once, and instantly moved out of the way of the path of a car driving out of the pits. He couldn't have known the car would drive straight ahead. The proper thing would have been to tell him.

He was tapped on the back once, and instantly moved out of the way of the path of a car driving out of the pits. He couldn't have known the car would drive straight ahead. The proper thing would have been to tell him.
I'll admit that's true, but I'm assuming that since he's in the pits he wearing ear plugs.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Scarbs said on his twitter that photographer received a warning from Sutton Images yesterday about his position in the pit lane.

Scarbs said on his twitter that photographer received a warning from Sutton Images yesterday about his position in the pit lane.
There's a good chance he's new to F1 photography. I'm assuming most of the veterans know what to do and not to do at this point. Guy getting clobbered by a pit lane tire withstanding.

Top Bottom