• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Icefire1424

This is like 8 full race weekends. Ok, we do not know how much they pushed it, but still crazy

Oh man. Alright, I'll admit they have a reliable engine yea, but F1 isn't exactly an endurance series. It can go the distance sure, but how will it respond when it's pushed to the redline during a sprint?

Exceedingly well I'm sure, but I'm still trying to maintain some hope that this season will be at least a bit more competitive!

dubc35

I think our only hope is a Hamilton emotional breakdown ala 2012(?). What's Nicole up to these days? Secondberg should get her to come to some races.

This is like 8 full race weekends. Ok, we do not know how much they pushed it, but still crazy

Not really. 3,000km is around 5 race weekends, which is exactly how long each engine has to last.

They usually do as much mileage in FP1 through Q3 as the race itself, and quite often more.

And they usually push the engine much more in qualifying and the race than they did over testing. So, yes impressive, but nothing they didn't achieve in 2015.

DD

How the new qualy format will work:

GreedyMadeupIchthyostega.gif

dalin80

Banned
I think our only hope is a Hamilton emotional breakdown ala 2012(?). What's Nicole up to these days? Secondberg should get her to come to some races.

He actually would have won the WDC in 2012 if it wasn't for mechanical failures while in the lead.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Not really. 3,000km is around 5 race weekends, which is exactly how long each engine has to last.

They usually do as much mileage in FP1 through Q3 as the race itself, and quite often more.

And they usually push the engine much more in qualifying and the race than they did over testing. So, yes impressive, but nothing they didn't achieve in 2015.

I later calculated in a pub with another F1 fan that they made 6 full race weekends. And he was also quite surprised about running only on medium compound, but he also concluded that they must know what they are doing.
Found interview with Nico and he said that some malfunctions did appear after 2000 km benchmark, but they could replace the parts with ease.

About Baku circut - too long with too many 90 degree corners

dubc35

He actually would have won the WDC in 2012 if it wasn't for mechanical failures while in the lead.
Ah yes, thank you. 2012 was the Singapore night when Lauda got him after a mechanical dnf.

Alonso would have won WDC if for a couple things that year too, even down to Vettels collision on the opening lap at Interlagos. A god tier move by Vettel keeping it straight and allowing others to get by...and I'm not a huge Vettel fan. (No hate just not my favorite)

Ark

Ah yes, thank you. 2012 was the Singapore night when Lauda got him after a mechanical dnf.

Alonso would have won WDC if for a couple things that year too, even down to Vettels collision on the opening lap at Interlagos. A god tier move by Vettel keeping it straight and allowing others to get by...and I'm not a huge Vettel fan. (No hate just not my favorite)

Let's not forget Kimi going wide and not ramming into the back of Vettel before Senna hit him.

Vettel was incredibly fortuitous in that race, but it was an amazing race all the same. Even if Hulkenberg did stop Hamilton from winning his final McLaren race.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
You can get a weekend pass for NowTV and watch Sky UK F1 for a comparatively reasonable price. Unfortunately, NowTV has geochecks in place.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You can get a weekend pass for NowTV and watch Sky UK F1 for a comparatively reasonable price. Unfortunately, NowTV has geochecks in place.

I can only see a £6.99 day pass, or a £10.99 week pass - no weekend pass?

I suppose I could manage with the day pass, for those races that are not being shown on C4 live.

ElTorro

I can only see a £6.99 day pass, or a £10.99 week pass - no weekend pass?

If I remember correctly, they had that the last time I checked. But the price was in the 10 bucks range too. So either I am mistaken or they just expanded the weekend pass to a week pass.

acm2000

I couldn't possibly tell you where to find awesomestreams, but I can tell you it's crisp 720p in fact I think it might actually be better than the legal skygo access I have.... (Which I can't bloody use on the tv as the android TV box is rooted)

DieH@rd

Banned
So far I have been satisfied with acestream of SkyF1 at torrent-tv, although it sometimes has issues with good connection with peers.

Does this awesomstreams has some region restrictions? I guess I will try it out and find out.

ElTorro

Good for him. It's ridiculous how many professional athletes, including in Formula 1, have to stay in the closet.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Interesting article on Motorsport about Qualcomm and Mercedes cooperation, which saves the team a lot of time with tyre data transfer from the car to the computers.

“We came up with a way of downloading that data using a highly modified 5 gigahertz WiFi system, such as that when the car approaches the garage the data download starts occurring.

“By the time the mechanics jack the car up and start to change things, that data is off the car and the engineers are already analyzing it and giving advice on the changes that need to be done.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is there homophobia in F1? I never really thought about it. Aside from guys like Hamilton, drivers and other notable people's private lives seem to remain rather private. I have never given it much thought.

Anyways. Good for Jaime, glad he can be himself now.

ElTorro

Is there homophobia in F1? I never really thought about it.

If I remember correctly, there were rumors that Piquet Jr. was gay and/or that Briatore had outed/"accused" him publicly in the aftermath of Crashgate.

Is there homophobia in F1? I never really thought about it. Aside from guys like Hamilton, drivers and other notable people's private lives seem to remain rather private. I have never given it much thought.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't rampant homophobia in F1, given how prevalent sexism still is.

Massa

If I remember correctly, there were rumors that Piquet Jr. was gay and/or that Briatore had outed/"accused" him publicly in the aftermath of Crashgate.

That's interesting as Piquet Jr was punished by Nascar a few years ago for a homophobic comment.

Theorry

Weird, They did not so long ago a contest for a livery and then they stick with the old and imo abit boring one. Awell atleast its not black. :)

Top Bottom