• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Jezbollah

With it being only seconds before lunch I am going to guess it was just a "run out of fuel" test. More worrying for McLaren, on the same tyres they were over 2 seconds slower than the merc in that session.

More worrying for everyone else, that Merc time was .3 down on the fastest lap of all.

The Merc was on softs. Vettel's the only guy to have gone faster and he was on ultrasofts.

This year is going to be another Mercedes ROFLSTOMP.

Icefire1424

Refresh my memory, anyone recall what the supposed delta is between the Softs and Super Softs? I have the number 1.8 seconds in my head, but that might be the Medium to Soft delta.

Formula 1 2016 |OT| Team Blessed or Team Britney?
Formula 1 2016 |OT| Even Roscoe can win the WDC
Formula 1 2016 [OT| German Sausage with Spaghetti

(Either way, this is going to be a depressing season).

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Formula 1 2016 |OT| HTTP 404: HasMaldonadoCrashedToday.com

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Formula 1 2016 |OT| 100 Threads Alonso Would Rather Read

Eric Boullier ‏@eboullier 20m20 minutes ago

New Esso Racing fuel in car today. Looking at double-digit bhp uplift

Ccd-bX1WIAArRFi.jpg

McLaren says the PU exceeds 930bhp, can't wait for them to shock the F1 world in Melbourne.

Sporting a new fatter body to enable the beast to breathe:

CcdR4sXW0AAVhkM.jpg

Sensational sound:

https://twitter.com/f1writers/status/704594635763613696

I'm not quite sure I have ever seen such a patriotic fan.

Truthfully, where do you think McLaren will be on the grid in Melbourne?
Somewhere between last,
hoisted through the air on a crane
and the pit lane.
Or just on the grass after the formation lap with Alonso chilling out in a lawn chair.

dubc35

I want McHonda to be successful. I like Button and Alonso; Boullier and Ron Dennis are meatheads but whatever. Anyway, I want them to be successful and I think we all want more competition at the front. That said, it's all about "what have you done for me lately" and McHonda hasn't done anything. I hope Melbourne is promising but I'm not expecting much. I have very low expectations for them so they should be able to exceed those expectations! lol

Less than 3 weeks to go!

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah, I'd love to read sources and quotes.

"Honda said this"
"McLaren said that"

Sources, man. Where are they?

Could this be one of the reasons why McLaren have made such a rapid improvement today?

McLaren boss Eric Boullier has just tweeted: "New Esso Racing fuel in car today. Looking at double-digit bhp uplift"

http://www.skysports.com/f1/live-blog

Does it really matter, though?

Before the season starts McLaren will be shite and a laughing stock no matter how they're doing in the tests. If they produce in the races, that may stop.

Let's see if they can. I hope so - many others seemingly don't.

Dilly

Banned
I expect them to be in the midfield, which is an improvement from last year. Wouldn't be surprised if they outperform Renault this year.

hadareud

The Translator
I expect them to be in the midfield, which is an improvement from last year. Wouldn't be surprised if they outperform Renault this year.

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm expecting.

They certainly should improve on the shambles that was last season. By how much remains to be seen.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari had gearbox issues today and apparently some overheating issues

Mercedes won't run supersofts and ultrasoft tyres at all

Zaru

I want to ignore testing times as a predictor for the season after what happened in 2014, but I'm really not very optimistic now.

If you're hearing the F1 cars as you're coming to the track, you're doing a GP weekend wrong.

My best memory of a sound at a racetrack was actually from outside the track. When I arrived at the carpark outside Sepang back in the days of the V10-engines and heard that sound cutting through the air during the morning warm-up I got chills through my whole body. I still get some of that feeling just by thinking about it today.

By the track during the race it was so loud that you could not enjoy it in any way.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There are rumors circulating that Ferrari has more serious issues with their PU than they thought. Auto motor und Sport is reporting that they have issues with strong vibrations and due to that, they will use modified engine from tomorrow.

So we have PU issues, gearbox issues and overheating issues at Ferrari. And have in mind that weather in Barcelona is not quite warm right now

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Some people would pay a lot of money for strong vibrations

Top Bottom