• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Ferrari shipped their old engine back to Maranello and they will test it on dyno.

Hopefully they can sort it out by Melbourne.

Also, Vettel is leading the charts with 1:24.6 on mediums, Button is six tenths off on softs.

In other news, Alonso was named as an ambassador for the Baku race.

Haas has a turbo failure and won't be out until the late afternoon. I wonder if it has anything to do with the rumored engine troubles Ferrari has.

Steiner said that they changed the turbo last night and found anomalies with the new one.

Testing has got me really down about this year's prospects. It's going to be last year all over again, if not worse. :(

I had a small glimmer of hope, until Mercedes did their soft tyre run and the rumors about the engines issues with Ferrari.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, guys, not sure what you were expecting, but that was idle hope indeed.

I still get plenty of joy from championing further down the grid. Rooting for Max and Carlos, or Haas, that's fun.

You know Mercedes is going to win the race, but looking for a good result for Toro Rosso gives you something to root for and is fun.

tomtom94

I'm with Aiii, testing is suggesting that he back of the field is going to be closer together which bodes well (right in time for the aero changes to split everyone up again...)

Yeah, guys, not sure what you were expecting, but that was idle hope indeed.

I still get plenty of joy from championing further down the grid. Rooting for Max and Carlos, or Haas, that's fun.

You know Mercedes is going to win the race, but looking for a good result for Toro Rosso gives you something to root for and is fun.

That's where I stand and why I still follow the sport (as silly as it gets sometimes). I'm definitely rooting for Haas this season and would also love to have Toro Rosso further up the grid and wish them the best.

But even as an always disappointed Ferrari fan, I just can not stop hoping they might get it right, even when I'm expecting the worst. Maybe. Hopefully.

e: Mercedes is doing a race simulation after the break. Should be interesting.

Lap count and times so far.

Pmv3cLB.png

I'm pretty much hanging my hat on Haas being some entertainment. That's all there really is, oh, and the continued woes of McLaren being amusing I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
Still think a late Friday qualifying (somewhere around 18pm CET) for a 1h Sprint Race on Saturday and a feature race with reverse top 10 grid would have been a better choice for both the race visitors and the TV viewers (and broadcasters).

Yes:

surpassing the 930hp produced at the end of the V10 era, constantly developing through fuel research, better control of the ERS, improving understanding of the V6 combustion cycle and strong focuses on reducing losses through friction and from the high-power electrical system.

The Honda is a beast just waiting to be unleashed in Melbourne. McLaren will be the second fastest team there.

Channel 4 team announcement on March 8th - James Allen is back!

james_allen.jpg

Staab

Rough second test for Haas...
Gene admitted to underestimating the challenge and complexity of an F1 car, they've ran into several troubles these past two days and are now done for the day with only having made one installation lap in the morning.
I hope they have better days coming up !

Williams and Renault seem to be doing some qualy runs, interesting times.

Rough second test for Haas...
Gene admitted to underestimating the challenge and complexity of an F1 car, they've ran into several troubles these past two days and are now done for the day with only having made one installation lap in the morning.
I hope they have better days coming up !

Williams and Renault seem to be doing some qualy runs, interesting times.

Ferrari...

Ark

Formula 1 2016 |OT| This thread is no longer available due to a copyright claim by FOM

This is the one.

Does anyone have a yearning to do the OT this year? I have something special planned if I'm doing it again ;)

EDIT: That title is literally one character too long for a new thread :(

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
EDIT: That title is literally one character too long for a new thread :(

F1 2016 |OT| This thread is no longer available due to a copyright claim by FOM

or

Formula 1 2016 |OT| Thread is no longer available due to a copyright claim by FOM

tomtom94

Allen is good when he remembers to show what he's talking about rather than desperately attempting to ape the enthusiasm of Walker. I am a fan, but I would have preferred Edwards.

Fox Mulder

I'm pretty much hanging my hat on Haas being some entertainment. That's all there really is, oh, and the continued woes of McLaren being amusing I guess.

I'm hoping for a well matched midfield with no shit teams like caterham or marussia well off the pace. Well, there's McLaren I guess.

Top Bottom