• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Aiii

So not worth it
I say give him Rosberg's Merc seat next year and lets see how he does against Hamilton now. Although the thought of the McLaren becoming a decent car only for him to be beaten by Button or Vandoorne would be pretty entertaining too.

Fuck that, Mercedes needs to put a younger driver there.

We need more fresh blood in F1, some of these old timers have been sticking around for too long, keeping some pretty good drivers out of F1 (maybe permanently) for no good reason.

andshrew

Fuck that, Mercedes needs to put a younger driver there.

We need more fresh blood in F1, some of these old timers have been sticking around for too long, keeping some pretty good drivers out of F1 (maybe permanently) for no good reason.

It could be a great marketing stunt especially given that it would be 10 years since the two last clashed in the McLaren.

mclem

Nico trying to steal some #swag from Lewis
Cc2n10aUMAA4V_l.jpg

Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Did we need another remake?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
No more tyre wear, engine settings and fuel consumption data on the team radio. Motorsport has a analysis what it will mean for the drivers.

This could be a reason for the "two panels on the pitwall for each driver" in Barcelona

The official Channel 4 F1 team.

dk1dfdk.jpg

And here I thought Eddie would be too busy with Top Gear.

I also didn't know that Susie Wolff was part of the team. I wonder how many times she gets to interview Claire and Toto.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fuck Sauber, after the stunt they pulled last year I have no sympathy for the leadership of that team. I hope they sell to a more sympathetic bunch of people.

Lach

Fuck Sauber, after the stunt they pulled last year I have no sympathy for the leadership of that team. I hope they sell to a more sympathetic bunch of people.

While I agree, I don't see anyone buying an F1 team in the current climate of the sport.

dk1dfdk.jpg

I also didn't know that Susie Wolff was part of the team. I wonder how many times she gets to interview Claire and Toto.

Please let Murray Walker be the commentator!!!

Also Alain Prost and a few refugees from SkyF1. Looks a cracking line up.

Mastah

Motor Sport Magazine ‏@Motor_Sport 1h1 hour ago

Pat Symonds thinks though McLaren have made gains he sees them behind Renault.

So only ahead of Sauber, Haas and Manor? LOL.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I am really looking forward to the Baku race and the track's end result. Judging from the photos alone, the track looks absolutely ridiculous.

Has this been posted?

Oh dear!
Those glasses, he has gone full hipster...is that a Zoolander coat?

dk1dfdk.jpg

Too bad NBC can't get ex driver commentators...well more recent ones, no offense to Hobbs.

tomtom94

People want Walker back? I want him to have a nice dignified retirement, he's too old for a full-time media role at this point. Those segments with Suzi were quite fun, admittedly, but still. He's 92.

Also, disappointed that the Allen rumours weren't true and confused by the appointment of Hamilton and Prost, I understand that appointing way too many presenters is the "in" thing at the moment but I really can't see what they have to offer except complaining every time Hamilton or Renault respectively aren't winning.

dk1dfdk.jpg

A total Redbull, Merc and Hammy wankfest.

They were filming with Redbull the other day for this: "Speed with Guy Martin: A @C4F1 Special" - Thursday 17th March at 21:00 on @Channel4.

People want Walker back? I want him to have a nice dignified retirement, he's too old for a full-time media role at this point.
That's how I feel. If its what he wants though, that's cool too.

But no, he definitely wouldn't be able to deal with commentating any more.

Edit - Why don't Chandhok and Prost get helmets like the other drivers? lol

Goldrusher

Wait, that's new, how does that work?
Something like this...

10 sets are now chosen by the driver

- 1 set can only be used in the first half of FP1
- 1 set can only be used in the second half of FP1
- 2 sets can only be used in FP2
- 2 sets can only be used in FP3
- 4 sets can be used whenever

3 sets are chosen by Pirelli (the same for everyone)

- 2 sets can only be used in the race... and 1 of them has to be used
- 1 set can only be used in Q3... unless you didn't make it to Q3, then you are allowed to use it in the race
- if you qualified in the top 10, you have to start the race on the tires you used for your best time in Q2

Yeah but it'd be great if he could commentate at one of the races. Murray is F1 commentary to me.

I can't muster any enthusiasm for Murray having recently watched some early '80s races and listened to him going on at length about the wonderful South African fans and how unfair it was to them that the other sports refused to come there to entertain them.

Top Bottom