• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yes, underneath that tarmac is historic cobblestones.

CZ9Spv6W0AI2w8r.jpg

Doubt it's going to happen honestly.

GPUpdate has a nice feature on Grosjean and his "rollercoaster ride to Haas".

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/336594/feature-grosjean-s-rollercoaster-ride-to-haas/

It's a nice read and he almost got some sympathy from me.

Would he describe the incident, which resulted in a one-race ban for the following Italian Grand Prix, as the lowest moment of his career?

"No, it was Suzuka!" Grosjean asserts, as he moves on to discuss his start clash with Red Bull rival Mark Webber at the Japanese Grand Prix, which led to an intense post-race encounter in the Lotus team unit and earned him the unfortunate nametag of 'first-lap nutcase'.

"I think the girls at the hospitality got scared! I did a little bit as well. To me that was the biggest mistake ever in all my race starts. I completely f****d it up. That was the lowest point."

Grosjean and Lotus thus looked set to challenge the big teams on a regular basis in 2014, but Renault's relative lack of preparation for the new turbocharged power unit era, mixed with an underperforming E22 chassis, left the squad scrambling for occasional rewards.

"It was a s**t box!" Grosjean, restricted to just eight points that year, plainly responds.

"We're probably the only team in the world that celebrated a podium with bailiffs!"

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It will a slip-slidin' away in Baku if there will be rain during the race.

And Russian GP is on the 1st of May. They only need Red Army parade before the race.

One week until first FP champions. I will maybe miss the race, because it is on the same day with Planica ski flying competition and there is still a chance that I will go there on Sunday.

AndyD

aka andydumi
But it would be awesome to drive on actual cobblestones. Imagine the sound. TRTRTRTRTR

It's a fantastic sound but they can be super slippery, especially if wet, dangerously so. They should just keep a 3 foot strip at the finish like for the effect. Similar to Indianapolis I think.

tomtom94

Has to be said the downside of the increased physical condition of F1 drivers these days is that certain people stick around too long. Vandoorne should 100% be on the grid this season.

Zeknurn

I bet they're going rework the chicanes for next year. The drivers are basically going straight through them.

Buemi has got this.

Or not... That was tense. Well on D'ambrosio for that killer lap.

Top Bottom