• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

Mastah

And why are Manor more worried about the softs than anyone else?

They probably want to have an option for one stopper. Other teams will stop 2 or more times using softs and super softs only.

I'm actually shocked there are differences in tyre choices between team mates. I thought it would be chosen solely by teams, so it's a nice surprise. Not like it changes anything, though.

RayStorm

At least it's not Kai Ebel, his wardrobe would scar me for life if I had to endure it on a bi weekly basis.

Just consider yourself lucky if you understand German and do not have to endure an RTL broadcast with Kai Ebel and even worse Heiko Wasser on commentary.

Just consider yourself lucky if you understand German and do not have to endure an RTL broadcast with Kai Ebel and even worse Heiko Wasser on commentary.
I only know him from his yearly appearance at the German race, his wardrobe is blinding. I feel sorry for anybody that has to deal with that regularly. Don't get me wrong he seems nice, but his taste in bad clothes eclipses Schumachers.

NHale

Something like this...

10 sets are now chosen by the driver

- 1 set can only be used in the first half of FP1
- 1 set can only be used in the second half of FP1
- 2 sets can only be used in FP2
- 2 sets can only be used in FP3
- 4 sets can be used whenever

3 sets are chosen by Pirelli (the same for everyone)

- 2 sets can only be used in the race... and 1 of them has to be used
- 1 set can only be used in Q3... unless you didn't make it to Q3, then you are allowed to use it in the race
- if you qualified in the top 10, you have to start the race on the tires you used for your best time in Q2

Great to see F1's approach of trying to simplify rules for everyone to understand in effect.

stryke

The official Channel 4 F1 team.

dk1dfdk.jpg

And here I thought Eddie would be too busy with Top Gear.

I also didn't know that Susie Wolff was part of the team. I wonder how many times she gets to interview Claire and Toto.

Webber as a regular commentator? Niiiiice.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Great to see F1's approach of trying to simplify rules for everyone to understand in effect.

Seriously...

It's almost like they have forgotten that they are doing all of this circus only so that people can follow and enjoy a show.

Zeknurn

The Channel 4 lineup seems good, but it all depends on if the main presenter guy is able to work with EJ and DC. Is he a Simon Lazenby or a Jake Humphrey?

Something like this...

10 sets are now chosen by the driver

- 1 set can only be used in the first half of FP1
- 1 set can only be used in the second half of FP1
- 2 sets can only be used in FP2
- 2 sets can only be used in FP3
- 4 sets can be used whenever

3 sets are chosen by Pirelli (the same for everyone)

- 2 sets can only be used in the race... and 1 of them has to be used
- 1 set can only be used in Q3... unless you didn't make it to Q3, then you are allowed to use it in the race
- if you qualified in the top 10, you have to start the race on the tires you used for your best time in Q2

I think we're going to need this reposted for every race because holy hell they couldn't have made it more complicated if they wanted to.

I think we're going to need this reposted for every race because holy hell they couldn't have made it more complicated if they wanted to.
Next year a driver on the podium will have to wear the native hat of the country they won the race in while doing an iconic dance of the country they're representing.

Line_HTX

COTA ‏@circuitamericas 1h1 hour ago

Game on.
Taylor Swift, Formula 1 and COTA

CdHs_cmUYAAEjQE.jpg:large

So what the hell is with those newly designed front wings? They look kind of weird.

Hopefully this season has more Fernando Alonso relaxing on a chair in the wind.

Joba62x

Neo Member
As a loyal patron of the F1 USGP at Circuit of The Americas, we're excited to announce lower ticket prices for 2016. And, if you purchase a 3-day reserved Grandstand seat or Sunday-only reserved Grandstand seat before July 5, we will refund 105% of the value of the ticket if it rains over 2 and a half inches in the 24 hours before the start of the F1 race on Sunday. Even if the event is not cancelled, you will still receive the refund. It's our 5th year anniversary gift to you!

Very happy about this , my ticket is a little over $100 less for top of turn 15 grandstand this year. I wish the musical act was someone I wanted to see , I wonder why its not after the race? I always thought it was to try and keep people from leaving all at once for traffic reasons.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Very happy about this , my ticket is a little over $100 less for top of turn 15 grandstand this year. I wish the musical act was someone I wanted to see , I wonder why its not after the race? I always thought it was to try and keep people from leaving all at once for traffic reasons.

It's usually Saturday night to make sure people interact with the venue for the whole weekend. Come for quali, stay for concert, next day come for race.

Zeknurn

There's going to be an Electric GT World Series with everyone using Tesla Model S P85+ cars for the first season.
Like Formula E, the inaugural race series will be made up of twenty drivers and ten teams. Starting in Europe, the race series will visit different countries around the world, passing through North America and Asia en-route. Unlike Formula E — which uses temporary tracks built on city streets — the Electric GT World Series will use world-class racing circuits. So far, Electric GT Holdings says it is negotiating dates for races at Barcelona-Catalunya, Donnington Park, Mugello, Nürburgring, Assen, Estoril and Madrid Jarama. While official venues are still to be confirmed, Electric GT’s official race calendar will be announced later this year.
Exciting.

Also, Aguri revealed their Gulf livery earlier today.

Ark

I'm going to start work on the OT this weekend, and I'll be sending out some PM's to get some tasty predictions for this season.

I'm half tempted to make the entire OT just a screenshot of a YouTube video taken down by FOM.

Honda working on sparkless ignition to copy Mercedes, a 7 token upgrade according to Amus, the current PU will see a 30bhp increase in Melbourne due to new software.

tomtom94

Would be very surprised if the ultra soft doesn't make an appearance in Monaco.

Also I'd forgotten Russia was moving to the start of the season and swapping with Malaysia.

dubc35

Haas sign American test driver

KANNAPOLIS, North Carolina (March 10, 2016) – Haas F1 Team has signed 17-year-old Santino Ferrucci as its development driver. The American from Woodbury, Connecticut, will be embedded with Haas F1 Team at every opportunity, attending races and tests throughout the year while also participating in the team’s simulator program.

Ferrucci is campaigning the full GP3 Series schedule in 2016 for DAMS, an accomplished racing team that has helped graduate numerous drivers to the FIA Formula One World Championship, including Haas F1 Team’s Romain Grosjean, who earned three championships with DAMS – the 2010 Auto GP title, the 2011 GP2 Asia Series crown and the 2011 GP2 Series championship.
more at the link

Goldrusher

Some new Baku pics...

Alonso's visit:

Alonso%20Baku%20%2FIMG_294376.jpg

Alonso%2F7.jpg

Alonso%20Baku%20%2FIMG_296117.jpg

Alonso%20Baku%20%2FIMG_296288.jpg

Alonso%20Baku%20%2FIMG_296142.jpg

Alonso%20Baku%20%2FIMG_296219.jpg

Asfalt%2F5.jpg

Construction of the cobble stone road:

gdfjAjefihijigbO_untitled-1.jpg

Asfalt%2F3.jpg

Asfalt%2F2.jpg

Asfalt%2F1.jpg

Asfalt%2F4.jpg

These are a week or 2 old:

gdfjoijfcjbigHC_const2.jpg

const3.jpg

const4.jpg

const5.jpg

Since the beginning of the construction works on Baku City Circuit which will host the Grand Prix of Europe, 86% of the road works, including removing the existing road surface and placing the bottom pavement layer, have already been done.

Thus, most of existing track surface have been removed within 9cm and in parallel, the bottom layer of new asphalt pavement have been surfaced with 5cm height. Works on placing the upper pavement layer of new asphalt will be launched in late March, and it is expected to be finished by early May.

mclem

Physicists are starting to voice concerns that the torque of the Honda engine might interfere with the Earth's rotation.

It's okay, because the tracks are a circuit, it'll be fine - it'll spend exactly as much time speeding up the Earth's rotation as it does slowing it down.

The only way it could possibly be a problem would be if it completes half a lap but retires, not undoing the changes it's made. But what are the chances of tha...

Oshit.

Top Bottom