• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

tomtom94

Starting to see why the Buemi/Bourdais combo ended up dropped by Red Bull.

EDIT: Speaking of Toro Rosso, is it just me or is Scott Speed a little...laconic to be a pundit?

Zeknurn

Not as exciting as the street races but it was entertaining for other reasons.
Some great driving by Di Grassi and D'Ambrosio.

Juicy Bob

Are you fucking kidding me.

Again?

Ughhhhhh.

Buemi is going to ride that superior eDAMS to this championship and I'm so bitter because of how much of a miserable douchebag he's being.

Why can't the good guys ever win in motorsport?

Mastah

Paul di Resta is back!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/35795864

The line-up includes experienced drivers David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Alain Prost, Alex Zanardi, Susie Wolff, Karun Chandhok, Eddie Jordan and Bruno Senna

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-unveils-expert-formula-1-presenting-team

alex zanardi ‏@lxznr 56m56 minutes ago

Sorry Guys, no hard feelings but I've never agreed to be part of this team and I won't be in it. That's all.

https://twitter.com/lxznr/status/708961651173801984

Huh?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CdcmTKeXIAQpRvt.jpg

Juicy Bob

Chilton bailing down the escape road when that crash was kicking off like "fuck this shit" was equally brilliant as it was hilarious.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh hey, Formula 1 is back this week. I can't wait to see who wins the championship.

1536.gif

Will it be Lewis, or Hamilton? Mercedes, or Petronas?

I, for one, am amped as fuck to find out, only one of these can win.

Seriously, I'm hyped as fuck to see where Williams, Force India, Red Bull and Toro Rosso end up.

Yeah. While the championship seems to be decided, the midfield battles should be great. A strong Toro Rosso and Haas as an unknown should be fun.

tomtom94

This is the least hyped I've been for an F1 season for a while, but I'm still looking forward to Australia. Will be up nice and early to see if qualifying goes according to plan...

Danielsan

Despite that this will probably be another boring Mercedes 1 -2 year I look forward to the start of the season this weekend. Can't wait to get up at 6 in the morning and watch the first race. Torro Rosso looks to be in good shape so I'll be curious to see how Max and Sainz will do in the midfield.

Zaru

A situation close to 2007 is what I'd hope for, but neither Ferrari nor Rosberg will probably keep enough form for that.

Icefire1424

I'll admit that I AM legitimately hyped for this season. The gap between the Mercs and the Ferraris do seem closer, and I really do think there will be some competition this year around. Also genuinely interested to see how much improvement the other teams made in the offseason.

Turned on the Formula E race for a bit on Saturday, never seen one before. Was rather amusing. Didn't expect the drivers to jump out of the cars and into a new one halfway though the race. Also pretty cool to see a Senna and a Prost racing.

Senna doesn't seem to be as talented as his uncle however. First impressions anyways.

Fox Mulder

This is the least hyped I've been for an F1 season for a while, but I'm still looking forward to Australia. Will be up nice and early to see if qualifying goes according to plan...

i dont care what mercedes or ferrari do. The midfield seems to have gotten better which should make races fun this year.

Oh, I'm positive that they caught up to last years Mercedes. This year, however...

All signs so far point to Ferrari being nearly dead even with Mercedes (perhaps a few tenths behind on ultimate pace and about equals on race pace) and Rosberg having a sizeable edge over Lewis (current form-wise)

Lewis also more soft tyres for this weekend, and rain/cool temperatures are forecast; this should provide an edge to Nico potentially (who has an extra set of mediums)

Icefire1424

That's a pretty high bar to reach for anyone, though

True that. Just brought a smile to my face to even know that a Senna and a Prost were still racing. Thought that was pretty cool.

Thinking more about the upcoming season, I also fully expect at least one race where there will be contact between both Mercs as Hamilton and Rosberg fight for points. Really do think this season will be closer than most suspect, both within the Mercedes camp, and between Mercedes / Ferrari.

Megasoum

Banned
F1 needs this.

Yeah, maybe in 10 years lol. For such a technically focused series, F1 can be really slow and backward sometimes. Especially for broadcast stuff.

I wish games could capture that view. It's always too stable.

Actually the pilots have said multiple times in the past that what you see in games is a lot closer to reality than what you see with onboard cameras. The human eyes have their own built in suspension like system that absorb A LOT of vibrations. It's nowhere near as bad as what you see on TV.

Juicy Bob

Sauber have just lost their technical director days before the start of the new season.

Mark Smith has left the team for 'family reasons'.

Top Bottom