• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
All signs so far point to Ferrari being nearly dead even with Mercedes (perhaps a few tenths behind on ultimate pace and about equals on race pace) and Rosberg having a sizeable edge over Lewis (current form-wise)

Lewis also more soft tyres for this weekend, and rain/cool temperatures are forecast; this should provide an edge to Nico potentially (who has an extra set of mediums)

I still think that all the talk from Mercedes about Ferrari catching them is just smokescreen. But it is true that Ferrari will be closest of all first five races to Mercedes in Melbourne.

jey_16

Banned
Mercedes never showed their true pace during testing, I fully expect them to be ahead of Ferrari at Albert Park.....the question is by how much

Jezbollah

Mercedes never showed their true pace during testing, I fully expect them to be ahead of Ferrari at Albert Park.....the question is by how much

I have a feeling they're going to pull a kind of gap similar to what Williams had when they showed up at Albert Park in 1997.

Mastah

Cdi_LHKXEAA8OOx.jpg:orig

F1 Fanatic ‏@f1fanatic_co_uk 16m16 minutes ago

Repainted Renault show car as seen when they revealed the test livery? Pics from @LauraLeslie23 and @elliew317 #F1

Remains to be seen if the yellow version is the new Renault livery but the similar locations of logos (e.g. Infiniti) could be a sign.

Lach

Hype keeps rising. Can't wait til the weekend.
Just checked the calendar and (save any last minute drop outs) we have a very good calendar with 2 week breaks most of the times (no 3 week breaks).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
MotoGP is also beginning this weekend
And there is ski flying WC final also this weekend #toomuchsport

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The McHonda already sounds like a Sopwith Camel so why not give it the canopy of one?

They could also add machine guns for good measure. This way, McLaren might have a chance to defeat their opponents.

Hmm, I like it! I wonder if those two support beams at the side is better than one in the middle though.

I'd have thought two at the side would be more likely to obscure a driver's vision (into corners), but I suspect they've probably given it more thought than I have.

EDIT: Details on C4's ad break plans: http://f1broadcasting.co/2016/03/15/channel-4-confirms-f1-ad-break-plan-for-live-races/

In summary, the last full-length break before the race will be before the national anthem on the grid, with the first full length break after the race not to take place before the cars are in parc ferme. There will however be a 30-second break "just moments before the formation lap" and another, “just after the winner takes the chequered flag.”

Top Bottom