• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
"What Doesn't Kill You" is only available to stream at 360p on Youtube?

Bitch ain't even getting the funds to upload 480p. :lol

I know there is already a lindsey thread, but she's sort of pop right? RIGHT?!
Anyways, saw these teeth pictures today. Girl needs to spend a little less money on that meth and get her teeth fixed.
FP_8014948_RIJ_LINDSAY_LOHAN_50_55-1-e1318519240704.jpg

FP_8014949_RIJ_LINDSAY_LOHAN_51_55.jpg

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Ke$ha has been known to wear a shark mask while shopping and feathers onstage, so it should come as no surprise that the "Animal" singer is a card carrying member of the wild kingdom. With a dog named Bacon by her side (named for her resemblance to breakfast meat, obviously), Ke$ha's now proudly waving the Humane Society banner as the organization's first Global Ambassador.

She took a break from promoting her t-shirt design for HRC's National Coming Out Day (it's tomorrow, yo!), to answer a few of our questions about glow paint, shark fins and what we can do for all creatures great and small.

Act: You've used animals in your videos, and "We R Who We R" is such a power anthem. Which one of your videos do you think has the strongest message?

Ke$ha: "Your Love Is My Drug" has the strongest message because I got to show my wild, animalistic side and was able to be super creative in how that message came across -- glow in the dark paint, a desert and an amazing elephant!

Act: What do you hope to accomplish as their first Global Ambassador?

Ke$ha: I hope to bring much more attention to important issues and change for issues and practices that are harming animals. For instance, banning the sale of cosmetics tested on animals is so important. Workin in this indusry, I have been exposed to so many products and now realize more than ever how cruel and unnecessary animal testing is.

Also, shark finning is a very important issue to me that I hope to bring more attention to. I recently went diving with sharks in their natural habitat and was reintroduced to what beautiful and peaceful creatures they are. Sharks have a bad reputation for being aggressive, when in actuality, if left alone they are not as harmful as they may seem to some.

Act: If you could pick one of your own songs to be an anthem for the Humane Society, what would it be?

Ke$ha: Obviously "Animal"!

Act: How can your fans and fellow animals take action and support the cause?

Ke$ha: They should visit the Humane Society website and follow my Facebook and Twitter for updates on how they can help

tumblr_lsnvzmZXDi1qeitbwo1_500.gif

Koodo

Banned
Arsenic Yellow said:
I know there is already a lindsey thread, but she's sort of pop right? RIGHT?!
Anyways, saw these teeth pictures today. Girl needs to spend a little less money on that meth and get her teeth fixed.

HORROR.JPG
153nvnn.jpg

CRD90 said:
'You Love Me' sounds like it's going to be AMAZING!
Yess! Kelly's been hyping that song for months now saying it's the best thing she's ever recorded and all that. And some Rolling Stone editor is pushing for that to be a single. I'm so excited to hear the full thing.

It's kinda giving me the same 80s vibe that much of Teenage Dream gave me...but without the eyeroll inducing lyrics

Koodo

Banned
Sis, You Love Me ain't coming close to snatching Teenage Dream's wig. It's just so... blah.

Is her album full of "I AM STRONGER, DETERMINED, LEARNED, ETC" type of songs? That's what I could gleam from the album preview. Praying for her.

Sai-kun

Banned
Koodo said:
Sis, You Love Me ain't coming close to snatching Teenage Dream's wig. It's just so... blah.

Is her album full of "I AM STRONGER, DETERMINED, LEARNED, ETC" type of songs? That's what I could gleam from the album preview. Praying for her.

it sounds better than wanting to be abducted and getting blackout drunk

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
B-Dex said:
This thread died because of Kelly Clarkson.

you are right but I will revive it

T.I. FEATURED ON KESHA REMIX ALONG WITH LIL WAYNE, WIZ KHALIFA + ANDRE 3000
T.I. is back to the grind after being released from prison last month. Not only his his new song, ‘I’m Flexin’‘ climbing up the charts, but he’s now being featured on a remix of Kesha‘s ‘Sleazy’ along with Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa and, of course, Andre 3000.

T.I.P. confirmed the news with XXL on Thursday, putting in his two cents on which of the rappers has the best verse. “I haven’t heard anybody but mine [but] I’m gonna put my money on mine,” he said.

The original track appears on Kesha’s 2010 album, ‘Cannibal,’ but was later re-released featuring Andre 3000. When news of the new collaboration hit the Web, Questlove of the Roots responded by tweeting: “I’m now learning that if the Roots were to ever collab w/ TI/dre3000/Weezy/Whiz we’d have to wait until next lifetime & comeback as ke$ha.”

The animal coming back to slay your faves
tumblr_lcaxv9iSjW1qbm2uz.gif

Koodo

Banned
Sai-kun said:
it sounds better than wanting to be abducted and getting blackout drunk
o gerl, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Perra and her demon spawn of an album (even though Teenage Dream and California Gurls are flawless), but Kellysa needs to watch out for the imminent X Factor winner coming for her wig.

Koodo said:
California Gurls....flawless
....gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl.

Also, I reviewed Stronger for some other music boards so I guess I'll post it here too even though no1curr

Mr. Know it All- I liked this track from the moment I heard it. Liked, not loved. And I think that's why people are so harsh on it; people expect something big and anthemic for a first single and this isn't what they asked for. Nonetheless, it really grew on me and strangely enough is one of my favorite singles from her. It's nice hearing the more mellow side of Kelly on the airwaves for once. 4/5

What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)- Instant love. This is a Kelly Clarkson anthem, pure and simple. Not sure if anyone else out there could pull off the song quite as well as Kelly. I loved Popjustice's description of the song: "It starts out sounding like The XX. Then it explodes into GAY." Spot on. 4/5

Dark Side- OMG. I have always wanted Kelly to do a song like this. Moody, emotional, yet very accessible and catchy. The lyrics, vocals, and production all coalesce into something quite special. The newly added musicbox-esque outro is gorgeous and is a very nice evolution from the demo. 5/5

Honestly- Oh lawd. What can I say? This song really blew me away the first time I heard it. Very chilling atmosphere. The production is some of the best I've heard for Kelly, but my one complaint is that the electronic sound sometimes overshadows Kelly's voice. It would be a bigger deal if the production itself wasn't so sublime, but it is so I'll let it slide. 4.5/5

You Love Me- Not at all what I expected. I love how it has a very catchy Teenage Dreamesque 80s vibe, but without the vapid lyrics. The lyrics! Probably the best Kelly has ever written, no hyperbole. "Your love hurts deeper...like a brick in the sea AND I'M DROWNING WITH IT" slays me. 5/5

Einstein- I find it funny how this is probably the most polarizing song on the album, but for me it's just kind of there. Neither love nor hate, just a solid album track. I do quite like the melody and most of the lyrics besides the infamous D + D = U line. 3/5

Standing In Front of You- Gorgeous song, both the production and vocals. Much improved from the demo. It still retains the ethereal quality of the demo while adding some new bells and whistles. I do agree that I wish it would just go somewhere though. 3/5

I Forgive You- This is the biggest let down, to be honest. It's like exactly the same as the version that leaked, pretty much. Repetitive lyrics, and generic production, and underwhelming bridge. I also expected more from a Kelly/Darkchild collaboration. 2/5

Hello- This is such a cute song! But you wouldn't know it from the dark lyrics. This is most definitely the "Sheryl Crow" song Kelly described. I would also compare it to "Ready" from AIEW- light little ditty with a kind of sinister undercurrent. 4/5

The War is Over- I did not know what to expect at all from this song, even after listening to the 1:30 clip. It's pretty great though. I kept expecting Kelly to wail on the bridge somewhere, but it never happened. But you know what, it's fine. It's refreshing to hear some restraint on a song like this, especially considering the fact that it shows off Kelly's midrange very well. I really like the percussion on this song, as well. 3/5

Let Me Down- It's the leak! Probably still getting airplay in some podunk town, lololol. The final version is pretty much the same as the demo, but a lot more polished. You can hear some subtle electronic production in the chorus, and you hear Kelly's backing vocals more clearly. 3/5

You Can't Win- Very clever lyrics. The verses and especially the bridge are complete fire but I still stand by my opinion that the chorus is pretty weak. And her vocals sound kind of awkward on the chorus compared to the leak, but perhaps I'm just too used to the leak. 2.5/5

Breaking Your Own Heart- Absolutely love it. Heartfelt lyrics and vocal delivery, plus there's added guitar instrumentation in the final version that gives the song the kick in the pants that it needed. 4/5

Don't You Wanna Stay- Generic song saved only by Kelly's soaring vocals. 2/5

Alone- Another very 80s song, at least during the intro and outro. The rest of the song is standard pissed-off-Clarkson fare. It's very catchy to hear Kelly belt "ALOOOOOOOOONE!" though. 3/5

Don't Be a Girl About It- Even though I might roll my eyes at some of the lyrics, I can't deny this is an undeniably catchy song. The "Oooooh"s aren't annoying like they were in the demos and are now a vital part of the DNA of the song. Everything about the production of this song gives me MLYSWY vibes. 3/5

The Sun Will Rise- A lot more country than I was expecting. Kelly's vocals are out of this world by the end of the song, and Kara isn't as much of a nusiance as I was expecting. Soaring midtempo like Breakaway. 3/5

Overall, this is probably Kelly's strongest album. Certainly, it's her most consistent. I guess time will tell if it will remain as timeless as Breakaway. The one-two-three-four punch of WDKY, Dark Side, Honestly, and You Love Me is probably the best stretch of tracks I've heard on any pop album this year. Just flawless.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
101711-music-nicki-minaj-pitbull-hosting-ama.jpg

The American Music Awards has tapped two of pop music's biggest stars to play host at this year's ceremony, recruiting Nicki Minaj and Pitbull to do the honors. Minaj is also set to perform at the awards, and both artists have been nominated for awards.

Also taking the stage this year will be Katy Perry, Justin Beiber, Jennifer Lopez, David Guetta with Usher, LMFAO, Kelly Clarkson and Maroon 5 with Christina Aguilera.

Neither Minaj nor Pitbull has hosted a major awards ceremony before, and the AMAs themselves have gone without a host for the past two years running.

Catch the awards live on air November 20 at 8 PM / 7 Central on ABC.

Zutroy

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Dark Side- OMG. I have always wanted Kelly to do a song like this. Moody, emotional, yet very accessible and catchy. The lyrics, vocals, and production all coalesce into something quite special. The newly added musicbox-esque outro is gorgeous and is a very nice evolution from the demo. 5/5

Kelly Leaked the full one herself! Love it too!

Link
I Forgive You- This is the biggest let down, to be honest. It's like exactly the same as the version that leaked, pretty much. Repetitive lyrics, and generic production, and underwhelming bridge. I also expected more from a Kelly/Darkchild collaboration. 2/5
=(

I loved the leaked version, so I'll probably like the full one even more.

Rebecca Ferguson from last years X Factor is finally releasing her debut song. Not entirely sure how I feel about it yet.

Link

Crumpet Trumpet said:
vo4i2.gif

Figures.

There is, after all, only one True Darkchild-produced song that matters.

Though this comes pretty close...

Her Voice is sounding like pink. on the radio i thought it was PINK only to find out it was Kelly lol. hopefully she lost a bit of weight because that album cover is ugh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
http://i.imgur.com/vo4i2.gif[IMG]

Figures.

There is, after all, only [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hKXk2qSuw"]one True Darkchild-produced song[/URL] that matters.

Though [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8FLLfRdHOI"]this[/URL] comes pretty close...[/QUOTE]

Nope. The best Darkchild-produced song is "Say My Name". Slays everything else.

Say My Name and Telephone imo

CRD90 said:
Kelly Leaked the full one herself! Love it too!

Link
I think she's "leaking" a new song everyday. Yesterday she did You Love Me. I hope she's hinting at potential singles!
If so, Honestly better be next.

I don't know if that's a pleasure or pain seizure!!! Telephone's one of my favorite Gaga songs. It's kind of a chaotic hot mess, but that's what's fun about it.

Majmun

So, bitches, what did I miss?

LOL at the OT. Beyonce needs bigger space. Loving the presence of Janelle Monae, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom