• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
B-Dex said:
The intro to the greatest concert ever:

Watch and bow down

Slaying your favs.
Obvs, and The Fame Ball intro was free of flaws too. Such touring masterpieces. No wonder this bitch has already lodged herself among the Top 15 highest grossing tours.

Your faves are too busy using groupon to even entertain the notion of breaking into the top (if they can even book a tour LMAO).

aaypn4.jpg

Koodo

Banned
Crumpet Trumpet said:
Did you just shade Godney :X
Godney Spearit's Circus masterpiece is among the highest grossing tours for a female solo artist. The living legend is accomplished and is probably indulging in groupon just to give them some publicity.

Zutroy

So after listening to Stronger about 50 times now, I've decided that 'The War Is Over' is the greatest song ever. Ever ever.

Sai-kun

Banned
I actually saw the music video for that song last not. Not bad! Something about it doesn't quite click with it, but the dancing was good, and I like the beat a lot, especially that little drum break towards the end. Super good :)

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Anyone here listen to Patrick Stump's new Solo effort? ..it's called Soul Punk. Very 80's (MJ, Prince) inspired, synths for days, etc. pop music -- I, personally like it. Already have a couple of favorites. Hit up Spotify or Youtube. Check it out...Easily my favorite track -- Allie
I listened to a few tracks thanks to this post. His voice gives me MJ vibes at times, which surprised me because I never got that from Fall Out Boy. I like.

CRD90 said:
So after listening to Stronger about 50 times now, I've decided that 'The War Is Over' is the greatest song ever. Ever ever.
Did you hear Why Don't You Try? It leaked yesterday, I think. I love it. Adele who? The last minute or so slays me :'(

CRD90 said:
Crumpet, have you checked out Kelly's Smokestack sessions?

Link

So good!
I totally forgot about this! Thanks!

WHAT THE HELL have they done to You Love Me? lmao. I really love If I Can't Have You. And I Can't Make You Love Me is great.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm thinking it's time for some new banners, eh?

I'll find artwork for them after I get home from lunch, but here are my suggestions:

Bjork - Biophilia
Kelly - Stronger
Florence - Ceremonials
Coldplay - MX

Has anything else come out recently?

Delio

Sai-kun said:

I'll find artwork for them after I get home from lunch, but here are my suggestions:

Bjork - Biophilia
Kelly - Stronger
Florence - Ceremonials
Coldplay - MX

Well Kyary's debut album did hit this year.
tumblr_ls2p1oPvOX1qcq2vho1_500.gif

And Ronan Parke's self album hit today (or was it yesterday). Just pushing some out there choices in.

tumblr_lrtypnu1fj1qjcu1eo1_500.gif

alternade said:
KellyGAF is a real thing??? lol are you serious right now??
A wild Justin Guarini stan appears?
3e5dbfe7.gif

Sai-kun said:

Bjork - Biophilia
Kelly - Stronger
Florence - Ceremonials
Coldplay - MX

"New" M83 album?

Koodo

Banned
Sai-kun said:

Bjork - Biophilia
Kelly - Stronger
Florence - Ceremonials
Coldplay - MX

I should have some time to update the albums section today. It'll look like this:

Mainstream:
Biophilia (NEW)
Stronger (NEW)
Mylo Xyloto (NEW)
Born This Way

Lesser Known:
Ceremonials (NEW)
Cinderella's Eyes (NEW)
Wounded Rhymes
Bright Lights
Hands

So Femme Fatale, Body Talk, 4, The Family Jewels, and Perfectionist would get thrown out.

Y/N?

Delio

Er I'll also point out that Bieber's Xmas album is coming out soon. OR does that not fit the Pop umbrella? I kinda need a guideline to what would be accepted.

Sai-kun

Banned
Koodo said:
I should have some time to update the albums section today. It'll look like this:

Mainstream:
Biophilia (NEW)
Stronger (NEW)
Mylo Xyloto (NEW)
Born This Way

Lesser Known:
Ceremonials (NEW)
Cinderella's Eyes (NEW)
Wounded Rhymes
Bright Lights
Hands

So Femme Fatale, Body Talk, 4, The Family Jewels, and Perfectionist would get thrown out.

Y/N?

These sound fine to me. Also omg Florence is coming to Chicago on Dec. 4th. MUST GET TICKET. It's $50 tho :<

Delio

You know if you guys arent really taking recommendations you should update the op. I mean yeah Bieber might not be popular with some of us but he IS pop i would say more so than Coldplay. Eh whateves just voicing that it feels more selective in here.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Delio said:
You know if you guys arent really taking recommendations you should update the op. I mean yeah Bieber might not be popular with some of us but he IS pop i would say more so than Coldplay. Eh whateves just voicing that it feels more selective in here.
Adding Justin Bieber could start a slippery slope, whats next adding Talk That Talk

tumblr_lrqsfzzLMQ1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

Koodo

Banned
OP UPDATED! New albums, new singles, new coming soons!

P.S. I need y'all to name drop albums coming out soon. Doesn't matter if a specific date has been set, as long as it has a name and it's confirmed to come out sometime in the nearby future.

Delio

Marius_ said:
Adding Justin Bieber could start a slippery slope, whats next adding Talk That Talk

tumblr_lrqsfzzLMQ1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

:p The Selective GAF POP OT But i wont complain anymore least bieber got tossed in somewhere.

Zutroy

Can't wait! I'm surprised how there's no traces of a leak coming from it (unless I'm out the loop).

Also, reminded by your gif, I'm optimistic about Kelly Rowland's album (European version, of course).

Mau ®

Rih is teaming up with Drake once again for the title track of "Take Care" (drake's new album)

Im so sorry for your faves tbh...we all know what happened the last time these two flirts made sweet music together

-#1 international smash hit
-#11th most played song on radio in US history
-Timeless Rihallah performances (AMA/Grammy)
-Youtube dominance with the video (213 million views)

so.....yalll esssited for the sequel of puree and UTTER dominance?

tumblr_lt2uypABLm1qewmu6o1_500.gif

blame space said:
is Adele going to be okay?
We can only hope. :-(

Also, hate to sound crass (haha not really jk etc) but
I've always liked the fact that she smokes and doesn't give a fuck what others think of her.

Crumpet Trumpet said:
drake seems like such a wuss /random
There's a pretty strongly-rumored explanation for that...
*cough

DMeisterJ

Banned
inthezone said:
Rih is teaming up with Drake once again for the title track of "Take Care" (drake's new album)

Im so sorry for your faves tbh...we all know what happened the last time these two flirts made sweet music together

-#1 international smash hit
-#11th most played song on radio in US history
-Timeless Rihallah performances (AMA/Grammy)
-Youtube dominance with the video (213 million views)

so.....yalll esssited for the sequel of puree and UTTER dominance?

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt2uypABLm1qewmu6o1_500.gif[img][/QUOTE]

We are not worthy.

What's my name was amazing, my body is so ready for another Drake/Rih collabo.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Kele from Bloc Party has a new EP out recently, but it's mostly poor. There's a decent track called "Cable's Goodbye" that sounds basically like a BP song, but the rest is half-baked club material that cribs from whatever's popular right now. At least he still looks good.

SecretMoblin said:
Also, hate to sound crass (haha not really jk etc) but I've always liked the fact that she smokes and doesn't give a fuck what others think of her.

Heh, I feel sort of the same. It was disheartening to know that I wouldn't be standing six feet in front of Beth Gibbons at the Portishead concert, watching her elegantly puff on a ciggy between verses because she had to go and quit smoking. I wanted some of those ashes flicked onto me, damn it!

Cosmic Bus said:
It was disheartening to know that I wouldn't be standing six feet in front of Beth Gibbons at the Portishead concert, watching her elegantly puff on a ciggy between verses because she had to go and quit smoking. I wanted some of those ashes flicked onto me, damn it!
This probably isn't the right thread for it, but you have no clue how jealous I am of the fact that you went to a Portishead concert with that amazing man on your arm. I first listened to Dummy exactly two days after they played a concert in the area, back when I was a young'n, and they went on hiatus shortly thereafter. One of the few remaining bands on my "must see before I die" list. All in due time, I guess, now that they're traveling again...

Oozer3993

Crumpet Trumpet said:
I'm jelly. When is her album supposed to be coming out?

"Early next year" is the most specific anybody has said. The video for Disaster comes out tomorrow.

MTV did a great write-up about the Amy winehouse cover:

A fan's video catches "The Other Chick" singer on stage alongside an acoustic guitar player acting like she's not about the impress the pants of the crowd. Her casual stance says, "Oh, I'm just gonna try to sing this incredibly difficult song by one of the most talented crooners of our generation, NBD." Then, as the she flawlessly hits notes, audience members' mouths simultaneously drop to the floor. Okay, that's not caught on camera, but it's pretty safe to assume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom