• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
RunningCryingFatBlackLady.gif

This Donna Summer must have been before my time because I got no idea who she is.

RIP though.

iAQbaRRWOscoZ.gif

Get youtubing, sis

Macarthur Park
On the Radio
I Feel Love
Last Dance
She Works Hard For the Money
Love to Love You, Baby
Hot Stuff
Bad Girls
This Time I Know It's For Real

Satch

Banned
lawd, i woke up and did some gaf browsing and saw in another thread that Donna died

i think i just need to go back to bed because i am not in the mood for this

Peru

T-Swizzle only went and donated four flippin million dollars to fund a youth education centre by the country music hall of fame in Nashville - "largest capital contribution by an individual in the Hall's history"

oh and listening to 17 minute 'love to love you baby' version on repeat, obviously #donna

royalan

Was never a fan. But it's always sad to lose a talented diva.

RIP Donna.
ICANT @ the BEY STAN not being a fan of Dallah Summer. Sis, your fave owes the entirety of her swag to two legendary queens: one being Tina Turner, the other being Our Lady of Disco, Queen Summer. Bow down.

You owe this thread another shirtless pic for this audacity...

botty

Banned
The world of music suffered two tragedies today:

1 - RIP Donna Summer

2 - Charlie Ray's Call me Maybe continues to poison the industry at number 1 on iTunes.

Bladenic

Just ban people who don't know Donna from this thread. Simple and clean.

That's a tad excessive, I'm willing to learn.

Btw inthezone Rihanna's WHYB jumped up to 18 on Billboard Hot 100 this week. Right behind J. Low's Dance Again at 17. Top 10 next week, future number 1 tbh.

iyBH8joEmsZ1k.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Viacom Joins Forces with Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation as its Lead Media Partner

When Lady Gaga and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta, launched the Born This Way Foundation in February, no one was more excited than the team at Viacom. We’ve adored and been inspired by Lady Gaga ever since her first live televised appearance on Logo in 2008. We’ve aired some of her most iconic performances on MTV around the world. We’ve celebrated her creativity and compassion on Nickelodeon, BET and VH1 alike.

But, more than anything, we were excited because we deeply share the Born This Way Foundation’s mission of youth empowerment. It’s a fundamental goal of so many of our brands and their social impact campaigns, from Viacom’s Get Schooled to MTV’s A Thin Line to Nickelodeon’s Let’s Just Play and beyond.

Naturally, we had to figure out how we could help.

Today we’re proud to announce that Viacom is the lead media partner of the Born This Way Foundation. Through our partnership, we’ll put our people, programming and platforms to work for Born This Way. Together, we’ll strive to advance the Foundation’s goals: to provide young people with a safe community to celebrate their individuality, the skills to advocate for themselves and others, and the opportunity to make an impact on their local communities.

“Viacom and its brands recognize the power of individuality and reflect the bravery of young people,” said Cynthia Germanotta. “We’re excited to collaborate with Viacom on creative ways to let young people know that they hold the power to build a kinder, more compassionate world.”

“Our brands are built to amplify our audiences, and empower them to embrace diversity, be the change, and shape culture in a positive way,” said Philippe Dauman, President and CEO of Viacom. “Viacom is proud to stand with Lady Gaga and the Born This Way Foundation, and lend our global megaphone for young people to speak out in support of acceptance, tolerance and respect.”

Scratch, Viacom’s creative and strategic SWAT team, will take the lead in rousing the resources of our brands – including MTV, BET, Nickelodeon and more – and collaborating with Born This Way Foundation on events, programming and other activations.

It’s just the beginning, but we’re excited to get started. Stay tuned for more great work to come, and be sure to visit the Born This Way Foundation website for more information on how you can join the movement to build a braver, kinder world.

I M P A C T

First Oprah, then Obama, and now Viacom, the youth of tomorrow is not ready for the empowerment

i5V03ZHZ1Sphf.gif

"build a braver, kinder world"

Get the FUCK OUT. This bitch needs to GROW A PAIR and stop PREACHING about SHIT that only happens to UGLY CHICKS at SCHOOL with NO FRIENDS.

DMeisterJ

Banned
That's a tad excessive, I'm willing to learn.

Btw inthezone Rihanna's WHYB jumped up to 18 on Billboard Hot 100 this week. Right behind J. Low's Dance Again at 17. Top 10 next week, future number 1 tbh.

iyBH8joEmsZ1k.gif

#MAJAH #CLAPBACK #WEBADUMAD

And with the performance on the AI finale next week... *sigh*. I love my fave. She stays winning.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
"build a braver, kinder world"

Get the FUCK OUT. This bitch needs to GROW A PAIR and stop PREACHING about SHIT that only happens to UGLY CHICKS at SCHOOL with NO FRIENDS.

iGr5cXx3uU2q1.gif

Let me get in contact with the foundation so they could help you out because OBVIOUSLY the INFLUENCE of others gets you PRESSED, they will help you become more ACCEPTING

iGr5cXx3uU2q1.gif

Let me get in contact with the foundation so they could help you out because OBVIOUSLY the INFLUENCE of others gets you PRESSED, they will help you become more ACCEPTING

What exactly will this FOR PROFIT be offering me? KID GLOVES and a POCKET full of SORROW?

How about a foundation where we teach kids to DEAL WITH IT, ignore the LESSORS and GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES without the RAINBOWS and FANNYING AROUND with shit like FEELINGS.

Well... PERHAPS it was worded incorrectly, but I do believe that "DEALING WITH" the realities of human nature should be taught at an early age, rather holding a permanent safety net under children every time a hard knock comes their way.

To be honest, if people as parents did their job in the first place, none of this nonsense would exist. People are always going to be marginalised and ostracised by others and groups for various reasons and the sooner kids realise that, the better off they'll be in the long run rather than being bound in a cocoon and shielded from reality for fear of getting their feelings hurt.

While it'd be nice if EVERYONE got along swimmingly, it's never going to happen and it never has. A decent upbringing will ensure kids grow up to be accepting, level headed and responsible adults, not this "foundation".

Or maybe I'm just an ASSHOLE. I BULLIED people at school so what would I KNOW.

botty

Banned
Didn't Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie completely ignore Lady Gaga when they went to school together? I'm guessing she was the target of bullying once too (see: her face), or just unpopular. I'm guessing that's why she did all those drugs, alone. She does have an exceptional nose for coke.

Someone like Christina Aguilera, who has always been pretty and amazing, probably couldn't relate to those victims as much as Gaga. However, Xtina is completely unbothered by haters, and so people should take notes. I do salute gaga for her efforts, though.

tumblr_m3qffaeAD21qjm5x9o1_400.gif

What exactly will this FOR PROFIT be offering me? KID GLOVES and a POCKET full of SORROW?

How about a foundation where we teach kids to DEAL WITH IT, ignore the LESSORS and GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES without the RAINBOWS and FANNYING AROUND with shit like FEELINGS.

If even that dear Pho. All this is, and the reason a media conglomerate such as Viacom is interested in Gaga is for the access to the hordes of impressionable, desperate and toubled youth that look up to Gaga for their most basic emotional needs.

As reward for their undying love to Mother Monster the little monsters get to be exploited as midless PR zombies and consumer slaves to Mommy Dearest. Welcome to the Cult of Lady Gaga. A match made in heaven really. It's never been about the kids.

Lady%252BGaGa%252Bmoney%252Bhoney.jpg

If even that dear Pho. All this is, and the reason a media conglomerate such as Viacom is interested in Gaga is for the access to the hordes of impressionable, desperate and toubled youth that look up to Gaga for their most basic emotional needs.

As reward for their undying love to Mother Monster the little monsters get to be exploited as midless PR zombies and consumer slaves to Mommy Dearest. Welcome to the Cult of Lady Gaga. A match made in heaven really. It's never been about the kids.

Lady%252BGaGa%252Bmoney%252Bhoney.jpg

This DEBACLE immediately sprang to mind tbh

fd8c6789-280e-435f-8d48-1a8b55d491b3.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You guys have a point. Gaga should take a page out of Madonna's book and promise to create opportunities for kids developing nations in exchange for a kid.

And the break all those promises.

itk33yof6zyxia5d6m.gif

Sai-kun

Banned

Not to be rude (okay, a little rude), but you sound like an asshole. Maybe that works when you're a bit older, but some kids just don't know any better. Telling kids to man up and grow a pair is shit advice.

You guys have a point. Gaga should take a page out of Madonna's book and promise to create opportunities for kids developing nations in exchange for a kid.

And the break all those promises.

itk33yof6zyxia5d6m.gif

HIV / AIDS + Disease

Children and caregivers living with HIV/AIDS, malaria, or other diseases have received life saving treatments and care

Poverty

Households are on the road to sustainability through the establishment of communal gardens and distribution of agricultural inputs, including livestock
Youth and caregivers are receiving vocational training
Widows are enrolled in a savings and credit program and have received vocational skills training
Children and caregivers are receiving daily, nutritious meals
Impoverished villagers now have piped safe water and new boreholes

Orphans

Several community-based organizations have increased their ability to respond to the needs of orphans and vulnerable children
Children are benefiting from the construction of community-based child care centers
Orphaned children have been enrolled in rural and urban community-based child care centers

Education

In January 2012, Raising Malawi announced a partnership to build 10 primary schools to serve over 1,000 children in Malawi. Click here to read more
Children receive primary education support, including academic scholarships, school uniforms, and learning materials
Children now benefit from the construction of new or renovated primary and secondary schools

http://www.raisingmalawi.org/pages/progress

ba-malawi_madonna.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Shortly after adopting Mercy in 2009, Madonna broke ground for a $15m (e11.2m) academy for girls in Malawi.

Photos of the singer turning the soil on the school were featured around the world.

However, earlier this year, her Raising Malawi foundation announced that instead of building the academy, it is providing $300,000 (e224,000) to develop 10 schools.

http://www.herald.ie/news/how-madon...y-where-she-adopted-her-children-3065815.html

You have a point I suppose. If I promise you $15,000,000 and then give you $300,000 I still have 'given you money'.

You have a point I suppose. If I promise you $15,000,000 and then give you $300,000 I still have 'given you money'.

Not to mention 10 schools instead of the ONE.

What are Jake Shears and the Scissor Sisters giving to people? Apart from sexually transmitted diseases. I'd imagine Anna's BASEMENT is RANCID.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not to mention 10 schools instead of the ONE.

What are Jake Shears and the Scissor Sisters giving to people? Apart from sexually transmitted diseases. I'd imagine Anna's BASEMENT is RANCID.

10 schools for $300,000? They'll be about as POOR QUALITY as Madonna's POST-GODFESSIONS OUTPUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom