• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marius wasn't the one who kept repeating over and over and over and over that this movie would be a huge success and how Rihanna would reign over the lessers yada yada.

The only people who can get "clocked" here are the loud Rihanna stans if the movie turns out shit performance wise, next to quality wise.

I try to stay away from stan wars, but when I read that Battleship isn't doing to well even I got a little catty and thought to myself "this better be brought up in the POP GAF thread to shut those relentless Rihanna stans up." You know who you are! :p

You better hope WHYB gets to be a number one hit, or about two thirds of all the posts from Rihanna stans this past month have been a bunch of lies.

*mandatory gif of sassy black woman*

ny_knife.gif

There you go.

I haven't seen Battleship or The Avengers yet. Oops. I thought everyone has already come to terms with the fact that The Dark Knight Rises will slay everything this summer? No?
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Majmun

The Avengers was awesome. And as much as I like Rihanna, Battleshit looks like a turd. Totally skippin it.

Sorry Rih.

Not a fan of Batman btw. Will rent.

Haven't seen Avengers either. But the hype over the movie + the fact that apparently it's good + the fact that after the 22d of may I get to have some free time again, I might just go and see what the fuss is about.

I scored tickets for the first taping of the X-Factor in Austin this coming Thursday! Can't wait to sit behind Britney Spears for 5 HOURS. :D

Will of course report back on her judging/speaking abilities in massive detail

botty

Banned
Well obviously the pop music industry is in a slump if all you people can talk about is a super hero movie. Hopefully Mariah and Xtina come save us soon.

Your faves can't even handle this disaster

tumblr_m49jhbWJoY1r5g67po1_400.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I scored tickets for the first taping of the X-Factor in Austin this coming Thursday! Can't wait to sit behind Britney Spears for 5 HOURS. :D

Will of course report back on her judging/speaking abilities in massive detail

I got tickets for the Friday taping as well, 10 hours of being in the same room as the great and glorious Demi Lovato..... cannot wait

io5eAYOyi71j5.gif

Mau ®

Did I ever say Battleship would slay tho?

You pressed fux will have a hard time finding a receipt of me saying the movie would slay the lessors. I just remember clocking Pressedius_ on it's INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE. Which btw it has done well WW.

Did I ever say Battleship would slay tho?

You pressed fux will have a hard time finding a receipt of me saying the movie would slay the lessors. I just remember clocking Pressedius_ on it's INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE. Which btw it has done well WW.

I would go back and quote one, but a search on "inthezone rihanna battleship" would bring up two thousand posts.

Mau ®

I would go back and quote one, but a search on "inthezone rihanna battleship" would bring up two thousand posts.

Ch...

I remember all my receipts. And I know I NEVER hyped up Battleship.

I've been hyping up WHYB obviously. And Im ready to suffer the consequences (as in post hot #NAVY pics) if it doesnt become a summer hit by summer's end.

Ch...

I remember all my receipts. And I know I did NEVER hyped up Battleship.

I've been hyping up WHYB obviously. And Im ready to suffer the consequences (as in post hot NAVY pics) if it doesnt become a summer hit by summer's end.

To be honest, I don't even remember who keeps hyping what here on POP GAF, so if you hadn't responded to my posts, I wouldn't have known you were part of gaf's Rihanna PR. :p

I just remember there being a relentless stream of "promotion" for Rihanna's latest releases (Battleship, WHYB song and video) the past month. To the point that it catches my attention when said Rihanna's stuff doesn't do (too) well.

Mau ®

THIEFonce strikes AGAIN.

Not content with STEALING in the music biz, she's now onto the FRAGANCE BIZ. She's JACKED Britney's Midnight Fantasy fragance.

o.14948.jpg

1249.jpg

the contents:
midnight fantasy: top notes: plum
midnight heat : top notes: plum

midnight fantasy: middle notes: orchid
midnight heat: middle notes: orchid

midnight fantasy: base notes: amber
midnight heat: base notes: amber

Mmm...
brit12.gif

Mau ®

looks like the Navy lacks a backbone. And what was that before about telling ME to admit that I 'was' wrong

HYPOCRITICAL PUTAS
ibj7VGxgxGWIF0.gif

Well you were WRONG since you were claiming the movie would SINK when it has done over 215M WW and it'll likely do 75M in the US. About 300M in the end before DVD & Blu-Ray. It's budget was 150M.

Poor Marius. How does it feel to be wrong all the time? First with the Marry The Night, then the Forbes thing, then this. Didnt you also font We Found Love would flop? Or was that Koodo?

Ch...

tumblr_lzjla8Fb251r6obd6o1_500.gif

Kyon

Banned
yeah I was gonna clock on Mari's INACCURATE TEA but I see my good sis beat me to the SCALPTING.

tumblr_m38z2u8E2t1qa7hzxo7_250.gif

America=/=Worldwide . The "poor numbers" are only the US numbers. The movie has done great worldwide. I myself haven't seen the movie but its just I had to correct you on that.

Bladenic

Well you were WRONG since you were claiming the movie would SINK when it has done over 215M WW and it'll likely do 75M in the US. About 300M in the end before DVD & Blu-Ray. It's budget was 150M.

Poor Marius. How does it feel to be wrong all the time? First with the Marry The Night, then the Forbes thing, then this. Didnt you also font We Found Love would flop? Or was that Koodo?

Ch...

tumblr_lzjla8Fb251r6obd6o1_500.gif

Well...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=battleship.htm

Budget was over 200 mil, and that's almost certainly without marketing, which was certainly sizable. To break even on budget alone it would need over 400 mil, which it won't come close to collecting since it's first day in America was 9 mil (LAWL) which is an atrocious number. Studio is probably freaking out already.

But hey, Rihanna can say she starred in a huge budget flick for her movie unlike most other pop stars. Too bad it was a flop.

Icicle

Koodo said:
tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea

tea
Sis, that post deserves its own hallway in the Pop-GAF Hall of Fame. Flawless in every respect.

AHXMc.gif

greatapplusel8ase.gif

Ugh, the new gay thread is already off to a 'great' start.

tumblr_lw2xwkCy6o1r4a0wyo4_500.gif

LMAO at the pressed Xtincta fans trying to bring CULTURAL ICONS to artistic scrutiny.

tumblr_m2r063M6fZ1qkzr9fo1_500.gif

botty

Banned
But how many years, movies, plastic surgery kabbalah and yoga sessions did it take her to get two?

Might I add that xtina got a nom on her first try?

tumblr_llbqylAAtN1qddfro.gif

How MANY lifetimes would it take Xtincta to bring something to the world that is not DEVOID of ARTISTIC OR CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE except for being an EXAMPLE to the masses what a PERFECT CUNT does and looks like?

tumblr_lyxrpc2Iqr1qzwglbo1_500.gif

Nemesis_

Might I add that xtina got a nom on her first try?

6bnzA.gif

Might I highlight how many FLOPS it took until Xtincta tried to extend her sausage like fingers into other ventures?

BHwAX.gif

Xtincta got nothing on her Madgesty. It's not even worth discussing. Irrelevant CUNTS do not deserve our time.

TTtkO.gif

botty

Banned
How MANY lifetimes would it take Xtincta to bring something to the world that is not DEVOID of ARTISTIC OR CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE to the world except for being an EXAMPLE to the masses what a PERFECT CUNT does and looks like?

tumblr_lyxrpc2Iqr1qzwglbo1_500.gif

I'm guessing that's why Beautiful isn't still being played on the air waves, and isn't still charting on iTunes top 100... 10 years later.

I can tell you that in 10 years no one will remember the disaster that was MDNA.

Nemesis_

I'm guessing that's why Beautiful isn't still being played on the air waves, and isn't still charting on iTunes top 100... 10 years later.

I can tell you that in 10 years no one will remember the disaster that was MDNA.

wkinhk0iom.gif

Keep drinking that GRAVY hun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom