• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
rZN5U.jpg

I want this shirt ;_; #noshade

ib2tCpQMs58zo6.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Awaiting Black Friday: Flop Recoded. Will outsell Black Friday the highest selling album in Paypal stores near you. When will your faves SMASH on the PAYPAL CHARTS? I'll WAIT
883bd1bb.gif

Yes, I'm ready for some new Kim. She killed the PayPal records, and shut the site down! Nicki wishes she could be as relevant.

Kim
ec20fb7f.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This can't be good.

It is sis, Sia either helping Ke$ha write music with Dr. Luke or she is featured in one of her songs. Cant wait for this masterpiece.

Lil Kim is still PRESSED.

#bitter

What fans are she fighting for?

tumblr_lzi38iB2LM1qc1vfso1_250.gif

This is what she said about Automatic

“She started releasing all these records doing her vocals the way I did my vocals. I played a record for Slim called “Automatic.” It’s a St. Tropez, dance type of record. Three years ago I played him this record. On her new album, she has a song called “Automatic” and the song is so similar to the song that I played for Slim.

“Whether my fans would have liked that sound or not, it was my sound. I brought that sound to the table. The problem with her is she was very catty with it. I never had a problem with her. I was always nice with her—always. She was a very obnoxious person, but I was always nice with her.

Bitch trying to claim the generic sound of Automatic, pressed soul

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Navy already knows that their fave is a mess.

Exactly. I've shaded Rih on many occasions, and I will continually do so when she does dumb stuff. Like all the singles from this era, like the BC remix, like her intentional misspelling of words on Twitter, etc.

Kelly Clarkson: Boyfriend Brandon Blackstock is 'ruining my creativity'

Kelly Clarkson is happily coupled with Brandon Blackstock, the son of her manager, Narvel Blackstock, and stepson of country singer Reba McEntire. But the perks of being in love may have one slight downside for Clarkson.

"It's ruing my creativity!" the pop singer tells Zap2It at a press conference Thursday (May 17) for her new reality competition show, "Duets." "I'm writing all this happy shit. It's killing me. Like, I'm trying to write a tough song and I can't; it's coming out all butterflies and rainbows. It's killing me."

She jokes that the relationship may take her music in a new direction, confusing her fans.

"People are going to be like, 'What the hell happened to you?'" Clarkson says. "It's been really difficult, yeah ... and awesome. An awesome problem to have."

After describing her life after winning "American Idol" as "four years of crap," Clarkson also details the impact of changing management.

"I went from my first few years in the business with a manager who was never there ... then my next manager -- I wanted somebody there -- and I got, like, a pit bull," she says. "He was highly into my writing and my music, but he wanted me to be like Madonna or Britney ... I don't ever want to be those people."

"I want a life. I love that I'm in a relationship right now, and I have time for it," she continues. I never used to. People would be like, 'Why are you single?' And I'm like, 'Cause it's not in my schedule.'"

Clarkson's new show premieres May 24 on ABC, and teams her with John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke in a challenge to perform the best duet with an undiscovered talent. The pop songstress found her two contestants through video submissions, and hand selected them based on "raw talent" and "tone."

In October 2011, Clarkson released her most recent album "Stronger," and says the next single off the record will be "Dark Side."

I'm here for a happy record
ec20fb7f.gif

i7LVmh6bawhcY.gif

Trigger

I'm not sure I'm ready. "Since U Been Gone","Irvine", "Breakaway", etc are all my favorites from her and they're all material that wouldn't necessarily pop up from a happy relationship (maybe "Breakaway").

Her writing is at its best when she's angry, but I also like some of her happier songs: "Be Still", "Sober", "Ready"...although even those songs have some depressing undertones...

ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Bladenic

I always crack up when I see this one haha

Katy Perry's new single is def not reaching number one.

I wouldn't be so sure, Part of Me was attocious and still reached number 1. One That Got Away was awful too tbh and that still reached 3. Plus I'm sure her label will try to pull some shit to increase sales, etc. like with One if the single doesn't take off. Sigh I remember the days when I would've staned for Perra.

I wouldn't be so sure, Part of Me was attocious and still reached number 1. One That Got Away was awful too tbh and that still reached 3. Plus I'm sure her label will try to pull some shit to increase sales, etc. like with One if the single doesn't take off. Sigh I remember the days when I would've staned for Perra.

One That Got Away is a great song.

Bladenic

Where is inthezone at? Rihanna's starting her summer reign with WHYB and he's nowhere to be found. Figure he'd be here to tell us that our faves will not survive and that we're all pressed.

Mau ®

Where is inthezone at? Rihanna's starting her summer reign with WHYB and he's nowhere to be found. Figure he'd be here to tell us that our faves will not survive and that we're all pressed.

WAT UP!

tumblr_livzyjk8zm1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Why would I state the OBVIOUS tho? I thought it was a COMMON UNDERSTANDING among GAF POP that the RIHANNA REIGN would continue well into the SUMMER, despite some of the hopes and dreams the pressed baboons up in here had.

On an additional note I'd like to add Wide Awake is a great pop song and while it won't slay as hard as her other singles, it's a step up from the horrid output she's had and REVERSES the horrifying decline in quality since LFN.

Mau ®

William Orbit just said some songs from the MDNA sessions have now gone to Chris Brown and...wait for it.... Kreayshawn.

The shade. THE SHADE.

Icicle

Rihanna's pussy is way too dry to be riding Janet's dick and copying her videos.

Where Have You Been is a lesser version of Together Again recorded by a lessor.

701536_o8ejyi.gif

JdZQc.gif

Delio

The lads have been in talks with names including Pepsi and In-N-Out burgers.

Confident Harry Styles, 18, is taking the lead in discussing fees but has turned down offers of solo campaigns.

An insider said: “Harry’s been asked to do ads alone but won’t threaten his relationship with the boys.”

They are REALLY gunning to make Harry some solo act from the boys. I admire that he is dedicated to them and of course they will break up at some point but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom