• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You bitches.

Birthed This Waste is a shit album that does nothing to trump the incomparable balladry and left-field production found on Bionic, or the progressive dance greatness and evocations of past glory found on MDNA.

It's not smart. It's not defining. It's just there - overbearingly loud in its desire to be iconic, and floating in a sea of the incredible pretentiousness it had to have taken for a girl in her early 20s from Yonkers to think she had the intellectual wherewithal to preach to anyone how to live their lives.

#andthisiscomingfromastan

tumblr_lyi2tpzfdb1r2m8qxa0.gif

Madonna stans: claim Madonna isn't living on past glories, praise MDNA for evoking nostalgia for past glories.

wkinhe2ud5.gif

I'm Addicted is a great little slice of dance pop, but even Rihanus can manage that from time to time. It's really all about the production.

Majmun

Listened to Kimbra's album for the first time today btw

I liked it...a lot. I didn't skip one track.

I might stan for her
D95Ht.gif

Koodo

Banned
The most hilarious boxscore currently on hand is the one where Romeo Santos didn't manage to sell out Madison Square Garden yet still grossed more than Caca's Seoul date. LOL.
Might want to check your vision, HUN, those were THREE DATES at MSG.

Don't think she's bothered REGARDLESS, as the EMPRESS currently occupies #1 and #2 on the chart.

Might want to check your vision, HUN, those were THREE DATES at MSG.

Don't think she's bothered REGARDLESS, as the EMPRESS currently occupies #1 and #2 on the chart.

That really is NO EXCUSE :D

Blew her load early tbh, figures artists get for Japan are rarely repeated outside of it, unless there are multiple Vegas shows.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The Gaga perfume is coming (which means Scheisse commercial is coming as well) soon

@emmans_ELLE: first sniff, look, stroke of the new @ladygaga fragrance - its got a real twist, amazing innovation, and top top secret. watch this space

Rocket Punch? Isn't he just some Phono alt. Not here for me-too stanning tbh.

ME TOO comments from a ME TOO ARTIST STAN. HOW CLEVAR.

tumblr_lzzfy8Ogiy1qj28qwo1_500.gif

But thanks dear. It is an honor to be compared to the great Phono, for he is the stan LESSORS wished they had. You do me a great service.

F200812191118403202232487.jpg

But know that praises will only get you so far with me.

i2iD8kwaJprxn.gif

Indeed, Pho is a true KNIGHT OF TRUTH and JUSTICE bringing SWIFT PUNISHMENT to UNGRATEFUL HOES that attempt to attack the QUEEN OF INFINITY™

AWE INSPIRING as PER.

iu2JLrVHw1tsp.gif

You never CEASE to AMAZE with your STUNNING AND ACCURATE INSIGHTS.

inrHsIS1cMNNP.gif

How is it that Madge stans have such IMPECCABLE TASTE?

tumblr_m22eb0l2Ya1qfzjd4o1_500.gif

Nemesis_

I DREAD TO THINK what those ARM THINGS SMELL LIKE since good old MADGE hasn't removed them since she started recording MDNA.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Y'all are so messy.

Edit:

Make sure to catch Rihanna performing "Where Have You Been" tonight on the American Idol in front of 30 million or so people. Dat #PROMO

#1 coming soon

Mumei

So Adam Lambert's new album went #1.

On the other hand....

The 77,000 start for "Trespassing" is the smallest sum at No. 1 on the chart since the Aug. 20, 2011, tally, when Adele's "21" sold 76,000 in its 12th nonconsecutive week atop the list. "Trespassing" has the smallest sales week for a No. 1 debut since Amos Lee's "Mission Bell" started in the penthouse with 40,000 on the Feb. 12, 2011, chart.

Not so impressive.

Koodo

Banned
That really is NO EXCUSE :D

Blew her load early tbh, figures artists get for Japan are rarely repeated outside of it, unless there are multiple Vegas shows.
NOT SURE. Australian ticket prices, audience sizes and number of dates per venue are similar IIRC.

Such a loyal continent. BLESS.

I DREAD TO THINK what those ARM THINGS SMELL LIKE since good old MADGE hasn't removed them since she started recording MDNA.
A thought made even more dreadful if she used her REPUGNANT FRAGRANCE™

Make sure to catch Rihanna performing "Where Have You Been" tonight on the American Idol in front of 30 million or so people. Dat #PROMO
A national EMBARRASSMENT.

Speaking of Where Have The Hits Been, the recently leaked INSTRUMENTAL is superior to the full song, demonstrating just how essential the goat's mating call was to the song.

So Adam Lambert's new album went #1.
dckKH.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I will give WHYB one thing. It is leaps and bounds better than WFL. It's a shame they released the second one first because it's kind of burnt me out on WHYB. WFL is such a shamelessly lazy song. The verses and chorus have the same melody for fucks sake. Even children's nursery rhymes are more creative than that.

Mumei

Where was that shade in the Idol thread? Two-faced hoe.
<3<3<3

In the Idol thread, krypt linked to an AfterElton article that didn't say the sales. When I looked for the Billboard link, I saw the actual number and was somewhat (understatement) less impressed.

*perfectly innocent*

royalan

Does anyone think Glambert is one bottle of red hair dye away from Sharon Osbourne?

OMG I DIDN'T SEE IT AT FIRST BUT NOW I DO.

In the Idol thread, krypt linked to an AfterElton article that didn't say the sales. When I looked for the Billboard link, I saw the actual number and was somewhat (understatement) less impressed.

*perfectly innocent*

Still an accomplishment....I guess....in this era of everything breaks a record.

Artist X is the first artist EVER to have a #1 album just two days after dying their hair! OMG THIS INDUSTRY PROGRESS

Dance Again is still climbing the charts though, why would she impede it's progress?

Sadly, I see this song eventually becoming #1. I hear it everywhere in Philly. More than Rihanna's latest offering, tbh.

royalan

LOL, now that you mention it.

I remember him denying being gay. And then he released this album cover...

xGt5X.jpg

ZEzFi.gif

Omg, I had just purged the memory of this TERRIBLE album cover from my brain after all these years. THANKS.

Speaking of Adam Lambert tho...

Second, there's been an influx of "Sis" and "Hun" in your vocab lately. I daresay this thread is rubbing off on you...
;)

Majmun

Second, there's been an influx of "Sis" and "Hun" in your vocab lately. I daresay this thread is rubbing off on you...
;)

No comment

y5zWv.gif

Just playin' sis ;) <3

@mumei

I was looking for receipts, but couldn't find any. I might've been misinformed

yUUI6.gif

botty

Banned
I will give WHYB one thing. It is leaps and bounds better than WFL. It's a shame they released the second one first because it's kind of burnt me out on WHYB. WFL is such a shamelessly lazy song. The verses and chorus have the same melody for fucks sake. Even children's nursery rhymes are more creative than that.

I don't know about this... When I first heard WFL I couldn't believe Rihanna was performing a song with an actual message. The corresponding video is also an very deep and artistic. Her vocals just don't do the song justice is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom