• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Not a good pic.
Are there any though?

YES

9flCR.jpg

DR2eW.gif

Is GAGA the ugliest lookin POP star out there? Not that I mind. But it's the truth. Even the Hag of Pop is more attractive than her. :|

Mumei

@mumei

I was looking for receipts, but couldn't find any. I might've been misinformed

yUUI6.gif

During Idol it was sort of mum's the word, but he never explicitly denied it and "came out" publicly (though he'd been out for a good 10 years prior) very shortly after the show ended.

Trigger

Oh god. Glambert doesn't look good on that cover.

Definitely true. But it's just something that stands out. POP artist are usually very attractive. People expect them to be.

But yeah, GAGA didn't need good looks to make it this far.

I agree.

2JcbL.gif

royalan

Thanks ONTD, BECAUSE I AM HERE FOR THIS CHRIS BROWN DRAGGING.

The rule is generally known as, “Three strikes, you’re out,” but it seems that for R&B/pop star Chris Brown, just one will elevate him to fields beyond what he was originally capable of in the first place. The Virginia-born singer, 23, seems to have had relatively close ties with Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich, who defended the annual music ceremony’s backing of Brown on “CBS This Morning”.

An insider of Brown’s, whose name is being hidden for legal and security purposes, has forwarded e-mails sent between Brown and Ehrlich to Neil Portnow, President of The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.

In the e-mails, Ehrlich was “practically begged” to secure a Grammy for the star with much of the public’s disdain for a “substantial amount of money,” which was not disclosed by the insider. Portnow released a statement after firing Ehrlich for his indiscretion and violation of the Academy’s ethics and integrity in rewarding talent. “Ehrlich was subsequently terminated, after many years of being involved with deliberating which of the past decades’ talents were worthy. With almost ten years of being President for The Academy, I would have never predicted that this would happen. My lack of blessing for Chris’ nomination was known, but as I’ve always respected by colleagues’ insights, I mustered all I could not to fight it so much. I have worked alongside Ken for years now, and I am heavily disappointed, and will have to raise the conduct around this board. will see to it that nothing of this caliber of humiliation will happen again.”

Brown’s publicist and Ehrlich have released no comments after multiple endeavors of contact.

Not exactly the most vetted news story but I BELIEVE EVERY WORD. Followers of my iconic posts may remember how enraged I was that Chris Brown won the Best R&B Album grammy for his reductive POP sampling, while brilliant albums by R&B heavyweights Jill Scott and Anthony Hamilton didn't even get nods.

This news story makes all the puzzle pieces fit.

Not exactly the most vetted news story but I BELIEVE EVERY WORD. Followers of my iconic posts may remember how enraged I was that Chris Brown won the Best R&B Album grammy for his reductive POP sampling, while brilliant albums by R&B heavyweights Jill Scott and Anthony Hamilton didn't even get nods.

MMMMMMHMMMMMMM

ATTX6.gif

Speaking of, when are we going to get something new from Jilsus Scott? I need something new to jam to while I drive.

DMeisterJ

Banned

I believe it. Chris winning a Grammy for that FAME mess while superiors were shaded? Yeah okay. And he performs twice that night? Yeah okay.

--

re: Jill Scott

Yes, storytellers was amazing, she was amazing, it was even trending on Twitter. But this isn't an R & B thread so I'll stop.

There is no "wrong thread" for Jill Scott.

tntQz.png

^^^
note the lack of flaws

And besides, if even one person in this thread - poster or lurker - decides to head over to YouTube or Spotify or something and listen to her, it's a victory for music.

Bladenic

1) Can we please move on from Adam Lambert and especially not post more pics of him before I throw up and choke on my own puke? Though that fate would be sweeter than having to endure any more Lambert shit.

2) HOLY SHIT AT THE BROWN NEWS! He never deserved that nom or award tbh, and everyone knew, but I hardly would've thought that he actually payed for the award. HAHA piece of shit, I hope he never bounces back from this, the scum.

Peru

Definitely true. But it's just something that stands out. POP artist are usually very attractive. People expect them to be.

Not really.. Gaga, Britney, Kesha.. hell let us go back in time to Elton, Phil Collins.. even way back, 50s, 60s, Motown, Phil Spector factory.. ¨

thecookies-thecompletecookiesf252b.jpg

.. all the 90s one hit wonders .. not saying they're ugly but they don't fit the traditional beauty box. It's a myth that you have to be a barbie doll to become a pop star, especially solo. A unique look, perhaps, or a strong character, voice.

Kyon

Banned
WAIT..... are we pretending BRUISES is the only CULPRIT? *Looks @ Bey's 16 Grammys, Gaga's, Taylor Swifts Grammys and Rihanna's Grammys* Especially with how hard it was to get a Grammy and it actually being rewarded to people who deserved it for talent and DEDICATION also ARTISTRY and HOLY AND PURE FLAWFREE REALNESS *Looks @ Messiah's Grammys* Plz dont try it. With the FILTH and NEW BORNS winning this many Grammys i wouldnt be suprised if all these hoes bought their Grammys tbh. They've been giving them out like CONDOMS @ A PLANNED PARENTHOOD on a FRIDAY NIGHT.

If the SHAMMYS were as legit, credible or RELEVANT as they once were I dont think 70% of the hoes today would be getting so many.

Peru

Everybody hates Chris Brown, though. Critics despise him. The others you mentioned matched critical acclaim with huge sales.

Kyon

Banned
White People, Rihanna Stans, flUsher's 2 stans, Ppl who arent over the incident, and anyone who was never a stan hate Chris Brown, though.

Plz just stop trying to get dragged. His IMAGE/CAREER is TARNISHED. He did it to HIMSELF yes. But lets not try it tonight. I guess everyone in Europe hates him too since you know he got a #1 there and all RECENTLY with TUTM, also Wake Me Up is set up to also be #1. Keep trying boo you cant win. EXPLAIN HOW HE ALSO HAD A #1 ALBUM LAST YEAR IN THE US WHERE HE IS MOST HATED THO. Can you even? I never thought after the DISASTER that was Graffiti sales that he was EVER gonna be able to pick his career up, but he did. DEAL WITH IT. ALSO EXPLAIN why he got a STANDING OVATION at Sunday's BILLBOARD AWARDS after his LESS THAN AVERAGE PERFORMANCE ALL LIP SYNCED n SHIT.

Trigger

WAIT..... are we pretending BRUISES is the only CULPRIT? *Looks @ Bey's 16 Grammys, Gaga's, Taylor Swifts Grammys and Rihanna's Grammys* Especially with how hard it was to get a Grammy and it actually being rewarded to people who deserved it for talent and DEDICATION also ARTISTRY and HOLY AND PURE FLAWFREE REALNESS *Looks @ Messiah's Grammys* Plz dont try it. With the FILTH and NEW BORNS winning this many Grammys i wouldnt be suprised if all these hoes bought their Grammys tbh. They've been giving them out like CONDOMS @ A PLANNED PARENTHOOD on a FRIDAY NIGHT.

If the SHAMMYS were as legit, credible or RELEVANT as they once were I dont think 70% of the hoes today would be getting so many.

r6TIi.gif

That said Bruises is a mess.

Plz just stop trying to get dragged. His IMAGE/CAREER is TARNISHED. He did it to HIMSELF yes. But lets not try it tonight. I guess everyone in Europe hates him too since you know he got a #1 there and all RECENTLY with TUTM, also Wake Me Up is set up to also be #1. Keep trying boo you cant win. EXPLAIN HOW HE ALSO HAD A #1 ALBUM LAST YEAR IN THE US WHERE HE IS MOST HATED THO. Can you even? I never thought after the DISASTER that was Graffiti sales that he was EVER gonna be able to pick his career up, but he did. DEAL WITH IT. ALSO EXPLAIN why he got a STANDING OVATION at Sunday's BILLBOARD AWARDS after his LESS THAN AVERAGE PERFORMANCE ALL LIP SYNCED n SHIT.
This is like the 1Delio massacre of May; who knew the next massacre would come HOURS LATER?

Peru

Plz just stop trying to get dragged. His IMAGE/CAREER is TARNISHED. He did it to HIMSELF yes. But lets not try it tonight. I guess everyone in Europe hates him too since you know he got a #1 there and all RECENTLY with TUTM, also Wake Me Up is set up to also be #1. Keep trying boo you cant win.

Like Adolf Hitler my hope is that if we do keep on booing him he'll eventually shoot himself. Coincidentally, reporting from Europe, I can safely say that leftover neo nazis and violent fascists are the only ones on the continent who don't hate him, and have given him brief solace on the chart. That will pass soon enough.

Kyon

Banned
This is like the 1Delio massacre of May; who knew the next massacre would come HOURS LATER?

Not exactly. I was MOSTLY DRAGGING him for FILTH and DIRT in that post tho
jbfI13LcHC7D2B.png

EDIT: all im trying to say is you cant look at his one SHAMMY he schemed himself and not look at all our FAVES and see how more ridiculous it looks in comparison.

Peru

I liked 'No Air' with Jordin Sparks, remember belting to that on Singstar day and night. Just can't stand to even look at the shithead now.

Kyon

Banned
I do miss "Yo" Chris Brown. He was much sweeter back in those days.

im telling you, when he started dating Rih he became a different person completely, he was never like this ever. Its TELLING, but idk him or Rih so idk what triggered the ANGER and STUPIDITY that has SPAWNED within him.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I liked 'No Air' with Jordin Sparks, remember belting to that on Singstar day and night. Just can't stand to even look at the shithead now.

Yes! No Air is my song forever. They were so amazing on there together.

OMG.

Going up in MY ESTIMATIONS tbh.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about J.Cole/Missy Elliott "Nobody's Perfect", not Floppy J's version.

Not that I care too much about your opinion, tbh. You stan for Madonna after all.

Trigger

im telling you, when he started dating Rih he became a different person completely, he was never like this ever. Its TELLING, but idk him or Rih so idk what triggered the ANGER and STUPIDITY that has SPAWNED within him.

I'll pray for Bobby Chris Brown.

Kyon

Banned
I dunno. I think Neyo is the better vocalist too. His music and voice are so relaxing. Could listen to his voice all day long.

He also makes for a better collab partner.

Neither of them can touch Drake, though. Trust Issues is such a classic.

Drake isnt in the same category hun lol isnt he Rap/HipHop?

NeYo stomps all over that crybaby. Last album wasn't up to his standards, though.

Peru you hate FIST. You'd say ICKI GARBAJ is better, lets be honest gurl.

Majmun

Drake can't be rap because I like him. Rap music is...not my favorite genre. I can't stand it.

Kanye and Drake are my GODS. POP Rap artists at their best.

Icky Garbaj wishes she could tbh

botty

Banned
FYI, NeYo is more important to the industry than most of your faves... in fact he probably wrote all of their songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom