• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to be very clear: Robyn couldn't lick the sweat off of Prince's post-concert backside.

There is a GALAXY of difference between Prince and literally everyone else in this thread
except Michael

66i3U.gif

Bjork is like the bagpipes or saxophone in her own songs. You know, every once in a while a song comes along where these instruments fit in, but generally most songs with either of them are a mess.

Bjork's voice is like that. Haunting and fitting for a song or two, annoying for the other 99%. "Why is she ruining that awesome James Bond OST with her weird voice, singing and accent!?"

Trigger

I listened to the K-Pop song that was linked earlier. Why are there ten of them? Why don't any of them sound unique?
yAiOO.gif

Allow me to be very clear: Robyn couldn't lick the sweat off of Prince's post-concert backside.

There is a GALAXY of difference between Prince and literally everyone else in this thread
except Michael

Truth.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

except Michael

66i3U.gif

Sis I love me some Prince but his hit:shit ratio is about 1:32,000

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Look, all I'm saying is that if I'd released fourteen thousand albums I'd probably have managed some moments of genius too.

Majmun

Never been a fan of Prince myself. He sure has a few classics. But never checked his albums out.

Put me in the MJ camp.

youindangergirl.gif

Also, you're wrong.

Pretty much.

He's been a genius in every era.

He's had a measurable, notable impact on modern pop music.

He is one of the most influential musicians of all time.

His constellation of projects have had critical and commercial success for decades.

There's really no use in trying to minimize his greatness at this point.

and oh yeah, the beatles were brought up in this thread oop

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not minimising his greatness! All I'm saying is that in addition to the incredible stuff he's made he's produced an awful lot of questionable stuff.

What are some songs by legends that you hate, POP GAF? Critical acclaim be damned.

Michael Jackson- Jam
The Beatles- Yellow Submarine
Kelly Clarkson- I Do Not Hook Up
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You people jump on me for suggesting Prince's output has been variable, but let Crumpet get away with calling Belly Lardson a legend?

And let people more generally get away with thinking Belly Lardson is any good?

I do not love you any more pop thread.

botty

Banned
You people jump on me for suggesting Prince's output has been variable, but let Crumpet get away with calling Belly Lardson a legend?

And let people more generally get away with thinking Belly Lardson is any good?

I do not love you any more pop thread.

I was going to question it, but the smiley face suggested sarcasm.

I mean... has kelly even been in the industry long enough to be considered a legend?

Uvk0C.gif

Trigger

I was going to question it, but the smiley face suggested sarcasm.

I mean... has kelly even been in the industry long enough to be considered a legend?

Uvk0C.gif

Idol's been around for a decade, no? Plenty of time for her to expand her influence on music.

botty

Banned
Idol's been around for a decade, no? Plenty of time for her to expand her influence on music.

Yeah, just did a search... her first album came out in 2003. She needs to a bit more time before legend status, unless we want to consider her a legend of reality tv winners. But she deserves better than that, imo.

B-Dex

Yeah, just did a search... her first album came out in 2003. She needs to a bit more time before legend status, unless we want to consider her a legend of reality tv winners. But she deserves better than that, imo.

I see what you did there.

Bladenic

Seriously not here for the Kelly shade. And da FUQ at Ryan Gosling suggesting she's not good? What exactly isn't good about her? She has one of the best female voices around today, I guess that means nothing if you just dislike a few songs of hers eh?

I swear, you people sometimes.

Bladenic

Is anyone watching Idol finale? JLo clocked everyone tonight, especially Rihanna in terms of similar performers. Girl killed it.

Mumei

Seriously not here for the Kelly shade. And da FUQ at Ryan Gosling suggesting she's not good? What exactly isn't good about her? She has one of the best female voices around today, I guess that means nothing if you just dislike a few songs of hers eh?

I swear, you people sometimes.

Some people don't like singers for their voices.

Confusing, I know.

Bladenic

Some people don't like singers for their voices.

Confusing, I know.

No I get it. I guess I forgot what thread I'm in, and the fact that Kelly is a fave is probably part of it. I can understand not liking a singer or even their voice, but to say they're not good is really silly tbh. Kelly is a good singer, regardless of personal opinions. Just like Christina is a good singer despite her tendency to overdo it and her current career problems.

No I get it. I guess I forgot what thread I'm in, and the fact that Kelly is a fave is probably part of it. I can understand not liking a singer or even their voice, but to say they're not good is really silly tbh. Kelly is a good singer, regardless of personal opinions. Just like Christina is a good singer despite her tendency to overdo it and her current career problems.
Don't pay any mind to the plebs! Although the Dark Side video tomorrow is sure to underwhelm, the song itself will scalp and set fire to the charts just like Stronger did.

iVZrlhPXRDWcL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom