• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

So, does this mean that, technically, in a year that Brit isn't scheduled to release an album, she STILL got a platinum plaque?

#ICANT

#NOTEVENMYFAVECOULD

Kyon

Banned
because she sure as hell wouldn't be credited with anything production-wise.

So many ways i can correct the error that stans make about Britney's ability as an artist and what she's done. But im gonna let this slide. ONLY FOR TODAY. TRY again and you will be dragged to the depths of hell.

So many ways i can correct the error that stans make about Britney's ability as an artist and what she's done. But im gonna let this slide. ONLY FOR TODAY. TRY again and you will be dragged to the depths of hell.

Christ. Well I'm hardly a stan since I don't have a gif folder or end my sentences with hashtags or "tbh" but I would love to hear your point of view on the capacity of Britney's artistic direction, or any kind of proof that she gives producers critiques on melodies/synths/styles/chords, or that she's penned a song mostly (or entirely) on her own, or that she's walked on a tour set and given her point of view on the technical aspects of performing other than "it's cute I love it." You know I love Britney's albums because her producers are some of the best in the industry but otherwise I have a well-adjusted opinion that is more than willing to change if given proper proof. So go for it.

royalan

I'm sure she gave up a great deal of control in the studio, but that's probably because she was too distracted by being a hot damn mess to even care. However the hell they propped her up on a stool to "sing" those songs doesn't really matter since it's those producers that crafted an amazing pop record, not her. Put Britney's name on an album and it will sell to the fans unconditionally because she sure as hell wouldn't be credited with anything production-wise.

Im not gonna go in on the ways this post is wrong. I'll just say that, sometimes, the measure of greatness isn't your own output, but your ability to spot and facilitate greatness in others and align yourself with the right people at the right time. Britney makes the lessers #BOWDOWN in this regard.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh Shit this thread page is popping off

I think Gellar has ate all the Popcorn with her .gif munching away, I'll go make a new batch

Who wants some?

xpgb7.gif

LOL @Paris, good lord that song sounds horrendous

Majmun

I cant believe you still remember that. I'm still hoping it never happens, Home Wrecker-Icia shall remain in the bottom of the swamp with the rest of the TRASH for all i care she has about as much personality and artistry as SAND PAPER.

EKRSP.gif

Not here for Alicia Keys shade.

She may be a boring artist compared to most pop stars. But the girl can sing. Some of her songs are divine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLCtH9lRj7Q&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g8PlbqowDc

So good

8YxSY.gif

Bladenic

Christ. Well I'm hardly a stan since I don't have a gif folder or end my sentences with hashtags or "tbh" but I would love to hear your point of view on the capacity of Britney's artistic direction, or any kind of proof that she gives producers critiques on melodies/synths/styles/chords, or that she's penned a song mostly (or entirely) on her own, or that she's walked on a tour set and given her point of view on the technical aspects of performing other than "it's cute I love it." You know I love Britney's albums because her producers are some of the best in the industry but otherwise I have a well-adjusted opinion that is more than willing to change if given proper proof. So go for it.

buffy_popcorn.gif

Thanks for the extra corn GraveRobberX.

Majmun

I really hate the eurovision shit. That song IS pretty good, though. Leave it up to the Swedes to craft a great pop song.

Kyon

Banned
Gonna post just a few... most these are at the top of my head plus i have every single one of her songs ever leaked and unreleased/snippets/demos. It's cake tbh. All songs listed can be found and credited to her name on BMI so for the idiots thinking its made up LOOK UP YOUR SHIT.

...Baby One More Time - B-Sides:
I'm So Curious (B Side For Sometimes maxi single)

'Oops..I Did It Again':
Dear Diary

'Britney' - (inc. Bonus Tracks)
Lonely
Anticipating
Cinderella
Let Me Be
That's Where You Take Me
Before The Goodbye

'Britney' - Unreleased:
Bring Me Home(no snippet was ever really leaked but its registered on BMI

'Britney' Era - DWAD Performances - as in, skits, and one time non recorded songs that she wrote for the tour.

Weakness
You Were My Home
Mystic Man
My Love Was Always There

'In The Zone' The very album she EXECUTIVE PRODUCED/Directed/Wrote For Her most PERSONAL and Her BEST ALBUM and TOUR on the PLANET- (inc. Bonus Tracks)
Me Against The Music (You dont wanna know what happened with this song when it was created SMH)
Showdown
Early Mornin'
Touch Of My Hand
The Hook Up
Shadow
Brave New Girl
Everytime
Don't Hang Up

'In The Zone' - Unreleased(No snippets were ever leaked for these)
Free
Sacred
Hollow
Wonderland
Shine

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative/Original Doll(What would have been the album of her career if the meltdown didnt happen.):
Just Begun Having My Fun

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - Unreleased(Leaked Last year)
Giving It Up For Love
Money Love and Happiness
Ouch (The idiots in the video say its from Circus but that was FALSE)
Take Off
Like I'm Fallin'

Britney & Kevin: Chaotic
Someday (I Will Understand)
Mona Lisa(Also Original Doll but she decided to put it on the LP)

B in the Mix: The Remixes
And Then We Kiss

Blackout - (inc. Bonus Tracks)
Ooh Ooh Baby
Freakshow (WHEN THE BITCH STARTED DUBSTEP IN POP MUSIC)
Everybody - (Uncredited But the rap breakdown was he only thing she wrote in the song)

Blackout - Unreleased
Who Can She Trust
Grow
Welcome To Me
Rockstar also produced by Bloodshy & Avant track (Not for B in The Mix 2.0 as was presumed

Circus - (inc. Bonus Tracks)
Mmm Papi
Mannequin - (Well, not exactly, she changed lyrics that she didn't want, and put in her own so its more co-written for a few words.)
My Baby(She wrote this for her Baby ;____; just like Someday.)
Rock Me In

Circus - Unreleased:
This Kiss
Follow My Fingers
Whiplash - Now Belongs To Selena Gomez.

Femme Fatale:
Scary - Japanese Album Only (Which I purchased)

Released Material - Various Eras/Albums Mostly Original Doll:

Rebellion Snippet. The most hyped and sought after song she has written. We stans are STILL waiting to hear it in full.(The most personal/darkest lyrics in her career)
Guilty (always sounded like Joss Stones CLASSIC imo still think about it (Here's Joss Stone's You Had Me You Lost Me
Get It
Little Me / Just Yesterday
Let Go
Baby Boy
Tell Me What You're Sippin' On
All That She Wants - (She Rewrote Verses)
It Feels Nice / Sin City Rap
She'll Never Be Me
When I Say So
Dramatic
(Platique Kween of Pop Heidi Montag made the demo for this

Miscellenous:
Look Who's Talking - BoA (Brit's Version )
Follow Me - Zoey 101 Theme(Wrote this for her sis's IMPACTFUL AND LEGENDARY SHOW)
Whiplash - Selena Gomez
Unknown - Selena Gomez
Unknown - Selena Gomez

EDIT: I'm missing a few more. She did co-write the song Circus which was seen in For The Record.

How can i forget her single "Why dont you do Somethin", she wrote the song and choreographed the whole video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo3l7BaZGEw

Also: She choreographed Mannequin for the Circus tour and Outrageous for the Onyx Hotel Tour

AND: She has always put input in all of her videos: She created the concept for Womanizer http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=ULrgiKpDteaqE&v=rgiKpDteaqE#t=64s

EDIT #2: BMI and ASCAP ACE(For songs she has been registered on is why i posted this with BMI even though BMI is more OFFICIAL) sources for her writing/producing credits. The RECEIPTS are AIR TIGHT.

ib0WHGUNmuo158.gif

Bladenic

YES, BOW BEFORE THE POP GREATNESS OF OUR SCANDINAVIAN OVERLORDS

...AND ROMANIA

i0qWc.gif

iuLdfd4yuo8zI.gif

THIS totally.

iuLdfd4yuo8zI.gif

tumblr_m22lgg2pLo1r8tspqo1_500.gif

Second's shade isn't even a blip on the radar honestly, the Eurovision performances are flawless displays of dance moves and catchy jams sung from aight to spectacular.

untitled-10j88xh.gif

untitled-7b4mu6.gif

untitled-123z4h.gif

Your faves, when will they? That's right, never. Praying for everyone's faves because Loreen is coming, "Euphoria" has already ended careers (RIP Agnes) and will continue to do so well into 2013.

botty

Banned
Who exactly is Noreen coming for?

rhobh-cam-judging.gif

I guess she was ok, but I don't think any of the top girls would even associate with her tbh.

tumblr_lyl4jpvqZB1r396who1_500.gif

Bladenic

Who exactly is Noreen coming for?

rhobh-cam-judging.gif

I guess she was ok, but I don't think any of the top girls would even associate with her tbh.

tumblr_lyl4jpvqZB1r396who1_500.gif

yMzKv.gif

Loreen just SLAYED a competition watched by about 150 MILLION people in over half the WORLD. Your fave's show is lucky to get 10 mil viewers ON A GOOD NIGHT.

z86uF.gif

And Euphoria has been slaying the charts and WILL continue to do so for months to come. Poor Christina couldn't even CRACK the TOP 20 in AMERICA with her last leading single, never mind the heinous performance across Europe and the rest. Loreen remains completely oblivious to the shade.

untitled-7b4mu6.gif

botty

Banned
^^^^ who are you again?

bG1cx.gif

A loyal servant of a legend.

tumblr_lt47ekznke1qdf8w1o6_250.gif

yMzKv.gif

Loreen just SLAYED a competition watched by about 150 MILLION people in over half the WORLD. Your fave's show is lucky to get 10 mil viewers ON A GOOD NIGHT.

z86uF.gif

And Euphoria has been slaying the charts and WILL continue to do so for months to come. Poor Christina couldn't even CRACK the TOP 20 in AMERICA with her last leading single, never mind the heinous performance across Europe and the rest. Loreen remains completely oblivious to the shade.

untitled-7b4mu6.gif

I checked the receipts, and I am not impressed.

- Loreen slayed a pack of grannies.

- It took Eurovision for Noreen to finally become relevant outside of her own country.

- Could Europhia use a more generic beat?

I'm not here for the fast food music, you can save it.

tumblr_lusogveKQW1qjtv36o1_250.gif

...And she looks like a man.

yMzKv.gif

z86uF.gif

untitled-7b4mu6.gif

Was that you who kept peddling that song in the popgaf DJ room?

The room has decided to skip, hun.

Bladenic

Was that you who kept peddling that song in the popgaf DJ room?

The room has decided to skip, hun.

LOL first time I played that song and introduced Pop-Gaf to it's flawlessness it got the whole room talking and WOOTED. About 8 WOOTS which is a big number for the room. It's been in heavy rotation since. And who are you again?

But it's fine, keep thinking your delusional thoughts.

8YxSY.gif

Thanks for that. That's a much longer list than I would have thought (I assumed it would Mmm Papi, My Baby, and like two more), but I appreciate the effort made. Much love :)

Seems like her participation peaked right before her meltdown. It's sort of obvious that the Femme Fatale era gave her much less leeway than some of her previous eras, so I wonder what the trajectory will be for future albums. I can't tell if she's better or worse right now than her Circus era. She certainly performed better before.

Are there any other current pop songs I should be listening to other than this EUPHORIA thing and Kylie Minogue's new song? I'll give them a listen and report back.

Bladenic

tumblr_m3782b8xDG1qgqr57o2_500.gif

Thanks for that. That's a much longer list than I would have thought (I assumed it would Mmm Papi, My Baby, and like two more), but I appreciate the effort made. Much love :)

Seems like her participation peaked right before her meltdown. It's sort of obvious that the Femme Fatale era gave her much less leeway than some of her previous eras, so I wonder what the trajectory will be for future albums. I can't tell if she's better or worse right now than her Circus era. She certainly performed better before.

She's said that she doesn't think she has anything left to prove in response to criticism against her tour dancing I think. So basically she's only still doing this because she wants to and for fun (and to still make millions). It's up to you if that fact is disrespectful to her fans (not even trying to dance) or that it's the best thing ever (the fact that she still is making music and touring).

Kyon

Banned
She's said that she doesn't think she has anything left to prove in response to criticism against her tour dancing I think. So basically she's only still doing this because she wants to and for fun (and to still make millions). It's up to you if that fact is disrespectful to her fans (not even trying to dance) or that it's the best thing ever (the fact that she still is making music and touring).

I'm surprised a non Britney stan beat me to this. LOL But anyway She has ALWAYS said she loves what she does. She has done it all, like Madonna she is established pop royalty. She doesn't have to dance like before to prove anything she's already done. She is a mother and soon to be wife. That is first priority. Plus she never lost her dancing ability. she lost her confidence on stage. There were many instances in the Femme Fatale and Circus tour where she killed it. And let's not get into the fact that as much as stans HATE on those two tours, they were praised by magazines and the media. When your faves have established themselves as Pop Icons/Royalty they have the luxory to do whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom