• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
JU6yP.png

I love the pop girls who are pretty with or without make up.

JU6yP.png

I love the pop girls who are pretty with or without make up.

I give minutes before that one picture...

Kyon said:
I'm surprised a non Britney stan beat me to this. LOL But anyway She has ALWAYS said she loves what she does. She has done it all, like Madonna she is established pop royalty. She doesn't have to dance like before to prove anything she's already done. She is a mother and soon to be wife. That is first priority. Plus she never lost her dancing ability. she lost her confidence on stage. There were many instances in the Femme Fatale and Circus tour where she killed it. And let's not get into the fact that as much as stans HATE on those two tours, they were praised by magazines and the media. When your faves have established themselves as Pop Icons/Royalty they have the luxory to do whatever.

I'm not sure about her still having the same dance skills. I spent a whole afternoon looking up Femme Fatale tour footage last weekend (I was reeeeaaaally bored that day) and I couldn't find anything she did that reminded me of how snappy and limber her footwork was. I suppose if she pulled a Beyonce and took her performances more seriously then she could possibly get that glory back but the fact that she doesn't give a shit is a bit unprofessional. I assume a big fraction of those ticket buyers know what they're getting (pretty much a drag show), but for those who haven't seen her perform recently and assume that Britney Spears live will be, well, Britney Spears live, then it's just really disappointing. Then again there's nothing against her just showing up to a concert and getting her check coz that's all she needs to do at this point. I'm probably just pressed coz the stans put her on such high a pedestal when she under-delivers in some respects compared to the folks like Bey and Gags.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
DRAGGING an old convo but I loved Loreen. My friend said over dinner that she basically evoked Kate Bush in her performances and OMG it's totally true.

FLAW FREE evocation of LEGENDARY FLAWLESS classics.

Does Loreen have more than one song or is this a Carly Rae scenario?

She's had a few
semi-flop
singles in Sweden, but this is pretty much the only major thing she's done. She'll have more hits in the future, provided she moves away from the cheese.

7VaGJ.gif

Hit me up later somewhere for min.us-based receipts.

I don't understand the Loreen excitement, the songs good, but that's all.

Just my opinion (Which y'all will probably call me out for and drag me to the pits, bye).

I don't understand the Loreen excitement, the songs good, but that's all.

Just my opinion (Which y'all will probably call me out for and drag me to the pits, bye).

It's because unlike the vast majority of previous Eurovision winners, she has a level of maturity and self-awareness that suggests a great deal of potential.

...that's it, really. And I like her look and her voice. Plus, watch the Grand Final performance; her choreography was amazing.

DoZ8U.gif

Kyon

Banned
Can we all have a moment to appreciate the fan in this video? Blessed vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNqXacBnVI

On another note: Damn you Kyon and your receipts. You are a truly worthy heir to the throne.

What happened?

I'm so mis-informed.

It was a MESS. Britney HATED it beyond any song she's ever recorded. It went through limbo for a bit, then the writer pretty much begged her to use the song. So he made changes and she looked at it, She still didn't like it so she re-wrote most of it to what she liked. There was a report a few years ago saying his air conditioning went out during recording sessions. Basically the guy had super bad luck. Finally she was done though with her vocals alone. After the 2003 VMA Brit played it for Madonna and Madonna LOVED it so much that she wanted to write verses for it. She changed the song too Britney mentioned a few times. Outrageous was always meant to be the first single but Brit wanted her way because now she loved the song basically cause The Queen BlessedT it. That's pretty much the jist. Madonna never performed the song. Brit always did it on her own

Totally learned the Run The World choreography today. I'm off to le club tonight so if it comes on (and I'm sufficiently impaired) I'm gonna be that asshole on the dancefloor who werks that dance beat for beat. It happened there a year ago with Single Ladies. It was probably one of the proudest social moments of my life, lol.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Totally learned the Run The World choreography today. I'm off to le club tonight so if it comes on (and I'm sufficiently impaired) I'm gonna be that asshole on the dancefloor who werks that dance beat for beat. It happened there a year ago with Single Ladies. It was probably one of the proudest social moments of my life, lol.

Well RTW flopped so you won't be looking like an asshole tonight.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

if only they would still play Judas I could have a moment to experience that

Marius is FLAWLESS, tbh

thanks hun, xoxoxoxo

Meier

Ellie Goulding is finally playing on the radio, woohoo! I guess she is just in the evening rotation currently but the morning show guy has been using an instrumental version of Lights as bumper music and ended up playing the actual song for about a minute or so on Friday and today.

Ellie Goulding is finally playing on the radio, woohoo! I guess she is just in the evening rotation currently but the morning show guy has been using an instrumental version of Lights as bumper music and ended up playing the actual song for about a minute or so on Friday and today.
There's this radio station in Dallas (I forgot what it was called) that plays some less-than-mainstream pop all the time. I LOVE IT.

Yeah, it seems she's finally catching on. Lights is on heavy rotation at the gym, and I've seen the video on super late night music television several times.

Delio

Niall with this twitter shade.

LVOmC.png

eW5jH.png

This girl used to be a Bieber stan and is now a 1D stan. She was at the hotel they stayed at with her friends and came to the gym in a black dress. She always stalks them when they are on the east coast so Niall just tossing some fire her way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom