• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's fine if you think she has a shit voice because she does

it's fine if you think the vast majority of her catalogue is shit because it is

it's fine if you think her stuff is musically uninteresting because it is

it's fine if you think she's a gross, terrible person because she is

But the girl has some really fun, dance-y, inoffensive pop hits. I don't understand the rage over it. Like I said, most of us here have admitted to liking a few tracks here and there. Why should we feel ashamed? Because she's hugely popular despite a lack of talent? Just relax and enjoy her stuff for what it is.

If people can't handle that, then deal or leave, because it's not like your whining is going to stop her.

tumblr_m3ao0mFOjJ1r0qmqfo2_500.gif

And don't even start with me botty. Loreen's time has arrived.

Mumei

ibiA1x5TdxmkUt.gif

What's the saying?

"Opinions are like assholes..."

The phrase you were looking for was De gustibus non est disputandum.

But that was a wonderful attempt.

botty

Banned

QpPc7.gif

But the girl has some really fun, dance-y, inoffensive pop hits. I don't understand the rage over it. Like I said, most of us here have admitted to liking a few tracks here and there. Why should we feel ashamed? Because she's hugely popular despite a lack of talent? Just relax and enjoy her stuff for what it is.

If people can't handle that, then deal or leave, because it's not like your whining is going to stop her.

ibek3kQGNcXRaL.gif

I love RiRi conditionally. Her music is enjoyable, but lately I've been finding her personality a bit cocky and pretensions. I can't with her tweets too.

Oh, well. Atleast her albums are quality.

(Posting this gif to fit in, tbh).

It was a MESS. Britney HATED it beyond any song she's ever recorded. It went through limbo for a bit, then the writer pretty much begged her to use the song. So he made changes and she looked at it, She still didn't like it so she re-wrote most of it to what she liked. There was a report a few years ago saying his air conditioning went out during recording sessions. Basically the guy had super bad luck. Finally she was done though with her vocals alone. After the 2003 VMA Brit played it for Madonna and Madonna LOVED it so much that she wanted to write verses for it. She changed the song too Britney mentioned a few times. Outrageous was always meant to be the first single but Brit wanted her way because now she loved the song basically cause The Queen BlessedT it. That's pretty much the jist. Madonna never performed the song. Brit always did it on her own

Thanks, gurl.

I didn't realise Jake Shears was gay.

1Cbfh.gif

I just found out this aswell. I think he's fit, tbh.

Bladenic

I agree with everything Moblin said about Rihanna. And especially as of late, I cannot stand what she's become as a person, but it's her life.

And she has continually released some of the catchiest songs on the radio. I seen people rag on We Found Love and I can't understand it, every time that song comes on I can't help but jam to it's infectious beat and easy-to-sing-along with hooks and chorus. Oh well, you know what they say.

haters-mickey.gif

I agree with everything Moblin said about Rihanna. And especially as of late, I cannot stand what she's become as a person, but it's her life.

And she has continually released some of the catchiest songs on the radio. I seen people rag on We Found Love and I can't understand it, every time that song comes on I can't help but jam to it's infectious beat and easy-to-sing-along with hooks and chorus. Oh well, you know what they say.

haters-mickey.gif

nailed it.

tumblr_m22lgg2pLo1r8tspqo1_500.gif

royalan

u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

!!!HOT SHIT ALERT!!!

Funny that she was just mentioned a few pages ago, because Agnes (a previously irrelevant flop that I hadn't paid much attention to) has a new single out called "One Last Time", and it's probably one of the more brilliant ballads so far this year:

Click the wannabe Leona Lewis cover art to listen

Agnes competently croons and wails over haunting production that seems to strangely flirt with dubstep, but never actually goes there (and thank god for that). Very eerie and sad, and the vocal filter used on Agnes really serves to play up the emotion of the track instead of masking a lack of vocal talent. Very Indie Pop, but I really like it, and Indie Pop seems to be all the rage right now.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Moblyn sis I CAN'T with the fact that you shade Kylie relentlessly and then pseudo-stan for Rihanalfissure based on the fact that she has like four good songs. Kylie's greatness so far exceeds Rihanna's that I am beginning to suspect someone has hijacked your account.

because none of her songs are any good.

<3

fightfightfightuukuj.gif

EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Kyon

Banned
He hates Kylie and Britney but loves Rihanna? #Bye

They are POP MUSIC. You CANT stan for lessors then call their SUPERIORS shit.

Y'all can keep hatin'. I'm busy with other things, like poring over this flawless post:

u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

!!!HOT SHIT ALERT!!!

Funny that she was just mentioned a few pages ago, because Agnes (a previously irrelevant flop that I hadn't paid much attention to) has a new single out called "One Last Time", and it's probably one of the more brilliant ballads so far this year:

Agnes competently croons and wails over haunting production that seems to strangely flirt with dubstep, but never actually goes there (and thank god for that). Very eerie and sad, and the vocal filter used on Agnes really serves to play up the emotion of the track instead of masking a lack of vocal talent. Very Indie Pop, but I really like it, and Indie Pop seems to be all the rage right now.

YES

Embrace Sweden, people. They know their stuff. And Agnes has had a textbook mediocre career, but this song is great. Love the girl.

qp5LE.jpg

Bladenic

u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

!!!HOT SHIT ALERT!!!

AGNES LIVES? I thought Loreen ended her life. I still like Release Me, gonna give this a listen. Sweden is taking over honestly.

Chris this synergy we have is getting creepy, praising the same post at the same time with pretty much the same content...

But yeah, long live Sweden.

pCKbw.gif

Trigger

I like that song. Here's hoping it doesn't become overused and pimped for everything from deodorant to socks.

Chris this synergy we have is getting creepy, praising the same post at the same time with pretty much the same content...

But yeah, long live Sweden.

pCKbw.gif

Synergy? Is that what the young people call it.....

dpeO3.gif

royalan

I like that song. Here's hoping it doesn't become overused and pimped for everything from deodorant to socks.

Synergy? Is that what the young people call it.....

dpeO3.gif

I've seen this gif several times now...WHAT is the story behind it? I mean, what could he have possibly been doing?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've seen this gif several times now...WHAT is the story behind it? I mean, what could he have possible been doing?

I'm pretty sure it's a trick of perspective. Zayn is actually sitting further back than the ugly one that no-one cares about, and the ugly one reaches down to grab something from in front of himself on the floor. The monitor hides the fact that his head isn't remotely near Zayn's crotch.

j/k he's obviously leaning down to wrap his lips around Zayn's huge throbbing boner.

Cynosure

He hates Kylie and Britney but loves Rihanna? #Bye

They are POP MUSIC. You CANT stan for lessors then call their SUPERIORS shit.

Shitney is superior to none.
Rihanna at least has a stage presence, Shitney has been a tragic hot mess consistently since 2006

Anyway, I found my fav remix today after a couple of years without it .It was in my ipod that I lost late 2009, and I changed the title so I didn't know how to get it back.
YMTdm.gif

I don't even like the original much at all

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Godney shade from the board's biggest stan of the artist she definitively punched out of the game. Anybody surprised?

Saw some rehearsal footage from the MDNA tour. Looks like there will be a lot of dance music and dance remixes in it. Could turn out awesome.

I'm just glad
I'm addicted
is included.

Kyon

Banned
Godney shade from the board's biggest stan of the artist she definitively punched out of the game. Anybody surprised?

I just laugh. It's sad that I even like Xtina and don't even give her the time of day much less ANYONE ON THE PLANET. It's funny STAGE PRESENCE is even brought up from Xtina stans. When is the last time their fave had a stage where she was WELCOME? When's the last time she even TOURED? When was the last time SHE EVER MATTERED? Are yall still waiting on that Bionic Tour? I rest my case. You should be ashamed to be a Xtina stan and not like Britney. Her KILLER. PUNCHED her out of the Reality show game, as well as the MUSIC INDUSTRY. smh I wouldn't be able to recover. This explains why my poor sis Cyno only comes in here when people are praising GODNEY. Cyno I see how it is. I do nothing but say nice things about your fave and you have the NERVE to come for mine.

royalan

I just laugh. It's sad that I even like Xtina and don't even give her the time of day much less ANYONE ON THE PLANET. It's funny STAGE PRESENCE is even brought up from Xtina stans. When is the last time their fave had a stage where she was WELCOME? When's the last time she even TOURED? When was the last time SHE EVER MATTERED? Are yall still waiting on that Bionic Tour? I rest my case. You should be ashamed to be a Xtina stan and not like Britney. Her KILLER. PUNCHED her out of the Reality show game, as well as the MUSIC INDUSTRY. smh I wouldn't be able to recover. This explains why my poor sis Cyno only comes in here when people are praising GODNEY. Cyno I see how it is. I do nothing but say nice things about your fave and you have the NERVE to come for mine.

Hey now! I stan for Britney too (really, such different artists and between 1999 and 2004 you were in Pop Heaven if you stanned for both, so I never really got the feud). but lets not count our chickens before they hatch.

From all reports, Britney's presense on X-Factor is inoffensive at best, and embarrassingly vacant at worst. She'll bring in initial ratings to be sure, but I'm having a hard time seeing her coming out of this without her brand being tarnished.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Saw some rehearsal footage from the MDNA tour. Looks like there will be a lot of dance music and dance remixes in it. Could turn out awesome.

I'm just glad
I'm addicted
is included.

I know sis. Best only good track from MDNA I was so worried when I saw the first 'leaked set list' and it wasn't there. It's going to be epic, I wish I could teleport to the concert just when she's playing that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom