• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I've never compared their looks lol I mostly use Kelly as her competition in that department. I think she's prettier than Bey. Bey is beautiful but Kelly is just>>>>>>

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Bee's background singer got nothing on her. Kelly's body is maybe hotter(debatable). But when it comes to face...Bee trashes her.

coG6T.jpg

SkRVb.jpg

rR3Qo.jpg

Kelly looks more "girl next door" hot. Bee is on another level.

l20DM.jpg

No fave could.

royalan

l20DM.jpg

No fave could.

Bey's figure hasn't looked like that in forever and you know it.

Anyway, yeah Bey's hot, but she really needs to fire whoever her stylist has been for these last two album eras. The "I Am..." era she looked like a drag queen from the Texas ball scene. And the "4" era she seemed to be trying to convince people that she was going for a natural, "just got out of bed" look...only I'm sure she didn't get out of bed with with pounds of pale makeup and honey-blonde extensions the texture of straw. The result being she often looked like Shakira's busted older sister.

Her beauty peaked here with the B'Day era:

qbdES.jpg

Not because she was younger, but because she looked more natural (than "I Am...") without looking like she was trying too hard to look "natural" (i.e. "White" - basically what she did during 4 and now)

Sai-kun

Banned
Wish we'd all agree to avoid bullying women for being overweight, ugly or old. We're not 13. Surely there are more substantial ways to shade someone than emulating middle school recess.

This is pretty much the reason I don't engage in any hardcore stanning here, because it basically just comes down to "Yeah well the person you like is fat/ugly/fat and ugly" and it's just annoying to read after awhile.

Majmun

Not because she was younger, but because she looked more natural (than "I Am...") without looking like she was trying too hard to look "natural" (i.e. "White" - basically what she did during 4 and now)

Bee is actually quite pale when she doesn't tan or puts make up on

fdAH6.png

vUSJk.jpg

Her mother is quite pale too. Only her father is black.

zoXtO.jpg

royalan

Bee is actually quite pale when she doesn't tan or puts make up on

vUSJk.jpg

Her mother is quite pale too. Only her father is black.

That picture is exactly the shit I'm talking about. That's not a healthy pale.

Beyonce's usually closer to a caramel tone:

skHfg.jpg

(The only Destiny's Child lineup I recognize, btw)

ZHpov.jpg

botty

Banned
You mean Dangerously in Love. :p

But yeah, I still think her debut album is her best one. Followed by 4, then B-Day, and at last I...Am.

You think 4 is better than B'day? Wow.

I don't think any of her albums, single for single, can even compare to B'day.

royalan

I thought B'Day was a messy album that would have flopped had it not been for "Irreplaceable".

But that tends to be how most Beyonce albums work.

Dangerously In Love is her most consistent, hit-filled album.

Majmun

That picture is exactly the shit I'm talking about. That's not a healthy pale.

Beyonce's usually closer to a caramel tone:

Caramel/gold Beyonce is the best Beyonce imo. Everything is better than pale Beyonce.

She seems to change skin tone with each album release instead of just the hair.

biqZf.jpg

03tpT.jpg

5xnk1.jpg

Not digging the last look at all.

yes, I love it when DJs stan for Gaga, I would love it when Kiss and Fly would play Judas
Unlike Rain which remixes every single song

I wanna hear Scheiße and Government Hooker but Tuesday?

YES!!! Rain has by far the suckiest music coz they just remix the iTunes top 20. Plus the dance floor is smaller than the closet I came out of. OCH rarely plays Gaga though. They have Beyonce and Madonna stanning moments though, which I approve of.

So glad to see a fellow Austinite on here :)

EDIT: glad to see all the Beyonce talk on this page. I think Dangerously in Love sounds too much like a Destiny's Child album to be honest, so it never really resonated with me.

B'Day has some really HIGH highs (Green Light, Irreplaceable, Deja Vu) but a fair share of meh songs that take away from the sheen. It's definitely her most eclectic collection of songs and it's by far the most daring she's done. Plus she looked gorgeous during that era.

I Am... Sasha Fierce was probably her most successful era overall, and showed her maturity and growth as an artist, but the album suffers from clutter. I love her more subdued and restrained side and I honestly love the concept of the album. It's her "Born This Way" in that it definitely most defines her artistry. Unfortunately the sum of its parts don't match the whole.

4 is her most well-rounded, mature and consistent album by far. The tracks are diverse and stand tall on their own, very few misses, and the hits (End of Time, Countdown, Party, 1+1, Love On Top, I Was Here) are some of the best of her career. It's her safest album, but it helped prove that she's come into her own now, and her vocals on here are out of this world. So overall:

1) 4
2) I Am... Sasha Fierce
3) B'Day
4) Dangerously in Love

Bladenic

I'm stanning (hur hur) for Lemonade. This has potential to be big. I fell in love ten seconds in.

MY ROMANIAN QUEEN HAS A NEW SONG? I CAN'T WAIT.

Edit: I was skeptical about stanning for her since she only has one hit single, one album, and 3 songs I really like. But after seeing some of her interviews (won't link because most are in ROMANIAN) I think I'm ready to declare myself an Alexandra Stan stan. Hope she breaks out.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If Zayn's hot now, imagine how SMOKING he will be when he is a big hairy Fadi Fawaz esque lump of beef*.

xl_fadi-fawaz-002bhcbw.jpg

*Which will definifely happen even though Pakistan and Lebanon are very different places.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It looks like it's made out of rubber. And it's the colour of all those horrible cars you see in Amurrika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom