• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanus will be added to the Xtincta / J Movielake section if she gets back with Chris Brown.

This much tragedy needs to be celebrated.

Do it. Do it do it do it. If she gets back together with that dude, I'll still stan for her, but she'll replace Ashanti as my guilty pleasure stan. off topic: I'm in lust with Ashanti's new song.

What do you like about her?

I mean, I get why lots of other pop stans like their favorites, even ones I personally don't care for. But Rihanna just mystifies me.

I really like her voice and the fact that her music is pretty easy to listen to and enjoy. There isn't too much depth to her music, which isn't always a great thing, but I really enjoy the uniqueness of her voice and what it can lend to certain tracks. I'm not sure anyone could have sung the 'ella's' in 'Umbrella' like Rihanna, or made 'oh na na, what's my name' (which looks stupid on paper) sound good.

I understand why people dislike her and her music as well.

they have no taste

Cynosure

Look at these recent pics of Jesse Mccartney

WsYwN.jpg

r20HX.jpg

oSN1B.jpg

poor guy looks like he caught Shitneytosis.

edit:

Lindsay and Macaulay Culkin have it too

SArWA.jpg

cRJPx.jpg

Christopher

Is that really Lindsay Lohan or was that just a bad picture....I mean my god.

I think artist who have explosive albums can still take that 4 year break and still be recognized. Katy Perry just had 6 top 3 hits with her last album, she can take a break for awhile. I just fear that she will become oversatured like Gaga has in my opinion. Bionic was so freaking awful that Christina will def have a comeback with her next album.

I'm def without a doubt not feeling this Nikki Minaj character - her music, character, and performaces just make me cringe, yuck.

Majmun

Adele's '21' Set for 21st Week at No. 1

A dele's "21" album is going to celebrate its first year on the Billboard 200 chart in grand style.
Fresh off her six Grammy Award wins on Sunday (Feb. 12) night, "21" is on course to sell between 500,000 to 600,000 copies by week's end on Sunday, Feb. 19.

HOLY CRAP!!

Adele's 52'th week sales >>>your faves first week sales

Here are the albums with the most weeks at No. 1 in the nearly-56 year history of the Billboard 200 chart: (Weeks at No. 1, Title, Artist, Peak Year)

54 -- "West Side Story soundtrack, 1962**
37 -- "Thriller," Michael Jackson, 1983
31 -- "Rumours," Fleetwood Mac, 1977
31 -- "South Pacific" soundtrack, 1958
31 -- "Calypso," Harry Belafonte, 1956
24-- "Purple Rain," Prince and the Revolution/Soundtrack, 1984
24 -- "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack, 1978
21 -- "Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em," M.C. Hammer, 1990
20 -- "21," Adele, 2011
20 -- "The Bodyguard," Whitney Houston/Soundtrack, 1992
20 -- "Blue Hawaii," Elvis Presley/Soundtrack, 1961

I wonder how many more weeks the album will slay the competition.
Adele domination is getting absurd!

Koodo

Banned
HOLY CRAP!!

Adele's 52'th week sales >>>your faves first week sales
I don't think so.

iblU7MSKKb8Vzc.gif

But these sales really are wig shattering. Who knew this was even possible in 2012.

More interesting facts:

• 21 spends 21 weeks at #1 (lul)
  • Breaks the Soundscan era record of most weeks at #1
  • Highest weekly sales exactly a year after its US release

ADELEGEND

Mumei

I was watching Proleague (the Korean Starcraft: Brood War team league) recently, where players can choose their own intro music, and one of the players went for Rolling in the Deep as his intro theme.

I approve. I hope he keeps using it~

Mau ®

The future Queen of Pop, Robyn Rihanna Fenty, turns 24 today.

Party in the name of our generation's ultimate hitmaker. Your fave really could never.

tumblr_lzb9tuxmgd1r7dh0oo1_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
So sweet and caring:

and she replied

lordt
Stalking Rihanna's twitter, I guess. I understand that you've been perma pressed since Gaga has been up to nada recently and Rihanna is about to assault your ears with that #Cake hit, but there's no reason to be so bothered. Maybe Rih will take a break and let Gaga be a relevant attention whore sometime soon. If not, I guess you'll have to deal.

Anyway, happy birthday Rihanna! I want some #CAKE!

Mau ®

Stalking Rihanna's twitter, I guess. I understand that you've been perma pressed since Gaga has been up to nada recently and Rihanna is about to assault your ears with that #Cake hit, but there's no reason to be so bothered. Maybe Rih will take a break and let Gaga be a relevant attention whore sometime soon. If not, I guess you'll have to deal.

The poor gwarl has been shading the Bajan Queen every chance he gets nowadays. Notice how the most pressed hoz here are major GaGa stans (Koodo, Marius). It's clear that ever since their fave was reduced into a lessor they havent been able to cope.
rihannablush.gif

And now Rih is about to unleash the #CAKE onto the world. The rihanna reign will continue well into 2012
tumblr_lqk7n2Min51qgwe9q.gif

It's just how it is girls.
rih3.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Gaga is too busy getting ready for another tour that will outsell your fave's 4x
as well as meeting with important leaders to introduce her foundation one that will show the importance of bravery, maybe Rihfund will learn something from it and let go of her abusers

not even her friends respect her
uUwMw.jpg

rih3.gif

Koodo

Banned
Gaga is too busy getting ready for another tour that will outsell your fave's 4x
I envy the Navy. They can find a front row ticket the day prior to a concert.

On Groupon.

as well as meeting with important leaders to introduce her foundation one that will show the importance of bravery, maybe Rihfund will learn something from it and let go of her abusers
Rihanus really needs help.

4yHkX.gif

idwl

Have been listening to some janet music lately, still amazes me how similar her and michaels voices are. Some times I just really think its him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom