• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiffyG

Well he IS the most flawless.

tumblr_lpvzgk0ZY61qf67w0.gif
Who is this? He looks about fourteen. :(

SpiffyG

Nathan Sykes from The Wanted. He is 18 :)
Coulda fooled me.

You guys really think this is hot?

Nathan_Sykes-cher-lloyd.jpg

Or did I just find the most unflattering picture? lol
Thank lordt for 50 posts per page, now I don't have to see the last page ever again
26ror.gif

CH...YOU FOOLS QUOTED IT
I considered snipping the picture out for that same reason. I'm truly sorry you had to see it multiple times.

Back on topic : Short interview with Marina on pop music, and her new album for anyone slightly interested. :D

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Had never heard of these new boy bands until tonight. Research confirms: Nathan Sykes and Zayn Malik may stay, the others can fall of a cliff.

I will literally do anything just not to be doing my homework tonight. Ugh.

Delio

Coulda fooled me.

You guys really think this is hot?
Nathan_Sykes-cher-lloyd.jpg

Or did I just find the most unflattering picture? lol

I considered snipping the picture out for that same reason. I'm truly sorry you had to see it multiple times.

tumblr_lpxc2ohytj1r1bwl7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpzqgrtMEH1qh6k6lo1_500.jpg

He has plenty of cute pics. I'm totes done for now though ;)

This must be why that gas station employee thought I was 14...

And Crumpet, I was wondering: What is your favorite Kelly Clarkson performance?
My all time favorite is still probably Up to the Mountain.

It's a tough call though because I also like these:

I Know You Won't
Miss Independent
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9pzjFlM5Zs"]Never Again

[/URL]Why Don't You Try (lordt this cuts off at the end though)

Of course, hearing her live >>> any Youtube video or TV appearance. She's also covering Pat Benetar tonight at her concert! Perfect.

royalan

tumblr_lpxc2ohytj1r1bwl7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpzqgrtMEH1qh6k6lo1_500.jpg

He has plenty of cute pics. I'm totes done for now though ;)

Gurl, he looks like
quUl4.jpg

Anyway, I think the US still isn't checking for groups for this boyband to have more than a minor hit here ("Glad You Came" is decent, but I couldn't even tell that it was a group singing until I saw the video). That said, they were on Chelsea Lately two weeks ago and were really charming. Thought all of them were smokin hot except for the one you're fawning over, though. ;)

Delio

Because Crumpet pointed this out to me (I havent checked Ohnotheydidnt today).

Vocal group One Direction makes waves on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart this week as its "What Makes You Beautiful" debuts at No. 28. It's the highest bow for a U.K. act's debut U.S. single in nearly 14 years.

Beautiful" sold 132,000 downloads in its first week according to Nielsen SoundScan, starting at No. 12 on the Digital Songs chart.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66773004.html#ixzz1nAFO1Cam

Watch out. Your favs are getting snatched.

tumblr_lzenhjsdvK1r5ggvh.gif

royalan

I was going to create a new thread for this, but I figured GAF POP |OT| would be more appropriate.

So I was going through the last few Pop CDs I bought before going exclusively digital, when this gem caught my eye:

vXHEP.jpg

I've been listening to it all day when the thought struck me: How the fuck did I forget about this album???

In my opinion, "Love.Angel.Music.Baby." is one of the best Pop albums of the last decade.

I know it made its mark when it released back in '04 (2 #1 singles, if I remember correctly), but it's so surprising that you don't really see it mentioned as one of the great recent Pop albums. Of course there were the singles "What You Waiting For?" and "Hollaback Girl" that people remember, but there were some good experimental tracks as well. I LOVE "Luxurious" and "Bubble Pop Electric", and songs like "Crash" and "Serious" almost serve as a precursor to what we would get from Lady Gaga's The Fame album. The influence is definitely there.

It sucks that "The Sweet Escape" flopped so hard and scared Gwen off from making more solo pop records, because there was some real genius there...

What do you guys think? Any other unsung pop albums from the early 2000s?

Koodo

Banned
I don't think I've ever listened to Love.Angel.Music.Baby in its entirety, but I jammed so so hard to What You Waiting For? and Hollaback Girl.

good lordt, especially the former. tick tock tick tock

Will give the album a full spin.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hollaback Girl was 13 year old me's fucking JAM. Holy shit. Wowowow. Gonna jam to it right now. I still love LAMB, and I really liked The Sweet Escape. Wind It Up was a great track.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gurl, he looks like

Anyway, I think the US still isn't checking for groups for this boyband to have more than a minor hit here ("Glad You Came" is decent, but I couldn't even tell that it was a group singing until I saw the video). That said, they were on Chelsea Lately two weeks ago and were really charming. Thought all of them were smokin hot except for the one you're fawning over, though. ;)

UsFA4.jpg

iTKWYGZc6on1R.gif

Koodo

Banned
I tried playing that game and couldn't get past level two. Those albums just wouldn't topple.

... oh, I guess that's the point.

royalan

This is better than what she's been putting out lately, but I'm more excited for the other female MCs coming out this year.

Team Lil' Kim!

Anyway, more new music. I don't know if it was brought up in this thread yet, but "Me and U" singer and mistress to Puff Daddy Cassie has dropped a new club track...and it's actually really fucking good, if you're into that Ibiza club sound...

mz5sg.jpg

"King of Hearts" music video

I actually think this is a really good direction for her, musically. With some decent promotion, I can see this record being worn out in the clubs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Little Boots > Gaga > Robyn > Florence+the Machine > Lykke Li > Adele > Ellie Goulding > Rihanna > Katy Perry

I was going to create a new thread for this, but I figured GAF POP |OT| would be more appropriate.

So I was going through the last few Pop CDs I bought before going exclusively digital, when this gem caught my eye:

vXHEP.jpg

I've been listening to it all day when the thought struck me: How the fuck did I forget about this album???

In my opinion, "Love.Angel.Music.Baby." is one of the best Pop albums of the last decade.

I know it made its mark when it released back in '04 (2 #1 singles, if I remember correctly), but it's so surprising that you don't really see it mentioned as one of the great recent Pop albums. Of course there were the singles "What You Waiting For?" and "Hollaback Girl" that people remember, but there were some good experimental tracks as well. I LOVE "Luxurious" and "Bubble Pop Electric", and songs like "Crash" and "Serious" almost serve as a precursor to what we would get from Lady Gaga's The Fame album. The influence is definitely there.

It sucks that "The Sweet Escape" flopped so hard and scared Gwen off from making more solo pop records, because there was some real genius there...

What do you guys think? Any other unsung pop albums from the early 2000s?

Agreed, but I haven't listened to it in aaaages. Love "Cool", "Serious" & "Bubble Pop Electric".

I quite enjoyed some of the songs from The Sweet Escape as well.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This is pretty good actually
lol gaga
, but you're missing a few.
I know, I didn't want to remember them. But seriously, I don't really listen to Britney but I am familiar with her singles. As for Gaga she's high up because her albums are really good at blending different elements even though I wasn't a huge fan of her last album.
why is gaga so far ahead of adele?
I've only heard "Rolling in the Deep" and "Fire to the Rain" so I tossed her right there for now.

Cynosure

I know, I didn't want to remember them. But seriously, I don't really listen to Britney but I am familiar with her singles. As for Gaga she's high up because her albums are really good at blending different elements even though I wasn't a huge fan of her last album.

I've only heard "Rolling in the Deep" and "Fire to the Rain" so I tossed her right there for now.

What do you think of Christina?

wUKK4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom