• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
juAKy.png

They're coming...lawd hammercy.

Kyon

Banned
Kyon gurl I dont get you, sometimes you're all "Praise Godga" and then next you go in on her like its no tomorrow.

i love and hate her. Godga betrayed me when she released this album im still pressed and will remain that way until she releases Heavy Metal Lover as a single
tumblr_llbqylAAtN1qddfro.gif

Koodo

Banned
If anything, the poor little cutters have been very bothered recently by the superior Bajan Queen. The fact that Rihanna scored the biggest pop hit since I Got a Feeling and Tik Tok has got them pressed and depressed, taking out the scissors all in mass.

rih3.gif
No shade there, I jammed to WFL. Too bad I likely won't be hearing anything else from Talk That Flop on the radio.

The Navy can remain capsized.

rih3.gif

P.S. watch out for a Golden Raspberry nom next year!

Madonna may face lawsuit due to Gagaism.

A Brazilian singer claims the track's chorus is similar to his tune...

15:27, Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Madonna could apparently be hit with a lawsuit over her new single, Give Me All Your Luvin'.

Brazilian artist Joao Brasil has accused the Queen of Pop of ripping of his track L.O.V.E. Banana, claiming that the chorus of Madge's collaboration with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj contains elements of his tune.

His record company are said to be considering a lawsuit over the song, but Brasil himself has confessed that he would rather not start a legal battle against Madonna.

Speaking to Brazilian newspaper Folha da Sao Pauolo, he stated: "I still don't understand what happened. I'm a huge fan of hers. If it's plagiarism, then even better.

"She is always at the cutting edge of music, so it's a good sign about what I do. It's in [the record label's] hands, they're looking at how to proceed and what they can do."

Brasil added: "But personally I don't want to do anything. The last thing I need in my life is a fight with Madonna."

Give Me All Your Luvin' is the first cut to be taken from Madonna's twelfth studio album MDNA, which is due for release on 26th March.

Madonna dun goofed. They back-traced her.

The song LOL

Mau ®

No shade there, I jammed to WFL. Too bad I likely won't be hearing anything else from Talk That Flop on the radio.

The Navy can remain capsized.

rih3.gif

You know "Where Have You Been" is the next summer smash. And gurl I remember when you were confident WFL would not smash lol

The Navy is confident in our Queen. Not only does she have WFL still smashing so hard, but Take Care is quickly becoming another big hit, Princess of China has received excellent response and Birthday Cake and Where Have You Been will continue her slayage for 2012. Plus, she could decide to make another album to make sure her reign never lets up.

Could your faves be this secure about their careers in 2012? I dont think so sis.

rih3.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Madonna dun goofed. They back-traced her.

His record company are said to be considering a lawsuit over the song, but Brasil himself has confessed that he would rather not start a legal battle against Madonna.

Bahaha. Yeah, that's for the best, dude. There are plenty of songs that "Luvin'" has things in common with (hello '60s and '80s) but this isn't one of them. He wouldn't have a prayer with a lawsuit.

Koodo

Banned
I have the physical copy of 21 imported into iTunes in pristine Apple Lossless.

all of this for Rolling In The Deep, lordt

You know "Where Have You Been" is the next summer smash. And gurl I remember when you were confident WFL would not smash lol

The Navy is confident in [artist ft.] our Queen. Not only does she have WFL still smashing so hard, but Take Care is quickly becoming another big hit, Princess of China has received excellent response and Birthday Cake and Where Have You Been will continue her slayage for 2012. Plus, she could decide to make another album to make sure her reign never lets up.

Could your faves be this secure about their careers in 2012? I dont think so sis.

rih3.gif
Fixed.

She should do a compilation album, don't you think? Maybe the world will finally be there for her dry ass.

rih3.gif

P.S. don't underestimate Godga sis, look at what happened to the fool who made that mistake.

Mumei

Funny, because LOUD has sold about the same as Born This Way, yet Rihanna is a singles-artist apparently.

Let's be honest though, the LOUD era all in all (albums, singles) sold more than the BTW era. And that is just the way it is. Gurls can stay mad at the true future queen of pop, Rihsus.

You really gonna go in on Rihsus hits, Koodo?. WFL has become a bigger hit WW than any other CaCa single.. Ch...

I was just asking royalan last night (in a rhetorical manner, mind you), "who the hell even likes Rihanna?"

I didn't think you people seriously existed.

i92lPawQQTZag.jpg

Kyon

Banned
I was just asking royalan last night (in a rhetorical manner, mind you), "who the hell even likes Rihanna?"

i92lPawQQTZag.jpg

I like The Forehead. Bish also follows me on twitter, which none of you could neva eva do.
3b9ed532.gif

Mau ®

I like The Forehead. Bish also follows me on twitter, which none of you could neva eva do.
3b9ed532.gif

Rihanna is amazing on twitter. Its been while since she's replied to a hater tho. I miss when she goes in on Bey or GaGa stans, calling them cunts lol

Cynosure

What are you trying to say happened to Xtina there?

It's just an unflattering shot of her in mid-performance. every artist has many like it of them performing.

Are you even familiar with that term, Shitney stan? "performance"?
It's something musical acts do on stage.

or you could be trying to shade her weight, but then that still wouldnt make sense

amirite, adele "stan"?

8btWD.gif

Kyon

Banned
I just found out she has a new song on the radio ALREADY. wtffff.

Why can't Rihanna and Katy Perry just DISAPPEAR for a few years. Give themselves a break, give US a break. Please?! And they should take Nicki Minaj with them.
Because "singles artists" don't have the luxury to take breaks. Same applies to newbies. They have to have accomplished a lot in their career to do that. That's the reason why you don't see Gaga who is still new compared to her contemporaries, Rihanna isn't new but she is still in that singles artist category as well as Perra. With how fickle music fandom/consumerism is, I dont blame them for not wanting to take breaks. Because if they disappear and come back the casual audience will be over them and they will more times than none flop and never be heard from again. That's just how it is.

DMeisterJ

Banned

i92lPawQQTZag.jpg
There's 51 million of us on FB and 14 million of us on Twitter. Tons of people like her #Navy

-----

And lol at the idea of her only being a singles artist. My fave has sold tons of albums as well, and even her most commercial flop (Rated R) went plat. She could take a break if she wanted to, but why do that? People clearly love the music. I know the unrelenting Rihanna reign has some of you steam pressed and bothered, but don't go spreading around that poison tea.

Koodo

Banned
And lol at the idea of her only being a singles artist. My fave has sold tons of albums as well, and even her most commercial flop (Rated R) went plat. She could take a break if she wanted to, but why do that? People clearly love the music. I know the unrelenting Rihanna reign has some of you steam pressed and bothered, but don't go spreading around that poison tea.
This Rihanna reign?

Cynosure

Because "singles artists" don't have the luxury to take breaks. Same applies to newbies. They have to have accomplished a lot in their career to do that. That's the reason why you don't see Gaga who is still new compared to her contemporaries, Rihanna isn't new but she is still in that singles artist category as well as Perra. With how fickle music fandom/consumerism is, I dont blame them for not wanting to take breaks. Because if they disappear and come back the casual audience will be over them and they will more times than none flop and never be heard from again. That's just how it is.

Interesting article about this.

Pop stars can't take four years to make an album any more. In fact, they can't even take two (ask Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke). The internet won't let them. And their pop rivals certainly won't.

and btw boo, I've been watching femme fatale shows lately, can you link me the video to this gif please

the size is probably too big to post

Mumei

There's 51 million of us on FB and 14 million of us on Twitter. Tons of people like her #Navy

What do you like about her?

I mean, I get why lots of other pop stans like their favorites, even ones I personally don't care for. But Rihanna just mystifies me.

Sai-kun

Banned
I am honestly not super familiar with Rihanna outside of most singles, and LOUD. I really like LOUD though. Man Down is probably my favorite track of hers out of all of them. She seems very nice, and I know she's a great tweeter. I think Gaga is too!

Majmun

Rihanna's albums sell the most in Europe lol Her fanbase i was always bigger there

Rated R is the only Rihanna album I really like. The rest of the albums don't really do it for me. Especially Talk That Talk. Now that's a shitty album imo. Only 2 or 3 listenable tracks.

Her singles are the only good songs lol. Rated R tracklist is flawless, though.

The same with Britney. I started to listen to her music since Blackout came out. Her previous albums were terrible, besides some OK singles. Blackout is GODLY. Circus is crap. Femme Fatale is good.

Koodo

Banned
Rihanus will be added to the Xtincta / J Movielake section if she gets back with Chris Brown.

This much tragedy needs to be celebrated.

Majmun

I still can't believe Björk has such a prominent place in the DIVA OP.
Her "music" is pretty awful. I just can't seem to like her...songs...or whatever those sings are.

Koodo

Banned
Her "music" is pretty awful. I just can't seem to like her...songs...or whatever those sings are.
You know what's worse than that crazed Xtincta stan talking to himself?

Björk stans.

It was a necessary addition to foster Peace.
though Vespertine is flawless, no shade there

Sai-kun

Banned

Nope. Bjork is true Queen B. Slaying it before your faves were even on the list of faves.

You're awful
blacktears.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom