• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
tumblr_m57wzoF9BO1qa51lbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4pcd6veFn1ruwjyno1_250.gif

Scary shit right there.

Christopher

Rihanna registers her 22nd top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, as her dance-infused "Where Have You Been" jumps 11-9. Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know," featuring Kimbra, meanwhile, spends an eighth week at No. 1.

As she ups her total to 22, Rihanna moves closer to the record for most Hot 100 top 10s among women in the chart's almost 54-year history. Madonna leads all female soloists with 38 top 10s (also the most among all acts, including solo males and groups), followed by Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson (27 each) and Whitney Houston (23).

Rihanna Continues to Reign on Social 50, Lady Gaga Jumps to No. 2

Dating to her first week in the Hot 100's top tier just almost seven years ago (July 16, 2005) with her debut single "Pon De Replay," Rihanna's 22 top 10s in that span are the most among all acts. Lil Wayne is second in that stretch with 16. Among women in that time frame, Rihanna boasts twice as many top 10s as her next closest female competitor, Lady Gaga (11).

"Been" concurrently reaches the top 10 on Hot 100 Airplay, jumping 14-9 with a 17% gain to 64 million audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. The song is Rihanna's 19th Hot 100 Airplay top 10, pushing her past Lil Wayne (18) for the second-most top 10s since the chart launched in December 1990. Only Mariah Carey (23) has more in the chart's history.

"Been" additionally bumps 8-6 on Hot Digital Songs with 144,000 downloads sold (down 1%), according to Nielsen SoundScan, and 39-32 on On-Demand Songs with 286,000 on-demand streams, according to BDS.

The song is Rihanna's second Hot 100 top 10 from her latest album, Talk That Talk. She spent 10 weeks at No. 1 with first single "We Found Love." Both tracks feature the writing and production talents of Scottish DJ Calvin Harris.

Atop this week's Hot 100, Gotye's "Somebody" manages to hold off Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" for another week, although the points gap between the two titles continues to shrink.

"Somebody" posts an eighth week at No. 1, fueled by a third week atop Hot 100 Airplay; with 145 million in all-format audience (up 5%), the song continues to rewrite the mark for the largest weekly audience for a track by a solo male rock act in the chart's archives. The song rebounds 4-3 on Hot Digital Songs (247,000, down 6%), while staying atop On-Demand Songs (1.1 million on-demand streams, down 5%) for a seventh week.

Jepsen's "Maybe" holds at No. 2 on the Hot 100. It ranks at No. 1 on Hot Digital Songs for a third week (284,000, down 6%), surges 7-4 on Hot 100 Airplay (103 million, up 20%) and bullets again at No. 2 on On-Demand Songs (1 million, up 1%).

With "Maybe" up by 2% in overall Hot 100 points and "Somebody" down by 2%, momentum continues in Jepsen's favor as she seeks to dethrone Gotye's smash perhaps as soon as next week.

Maroon 5's "Payphone," featuring Wiz Khalifa, stays at No. 3 on the Hot 100, bounding 6-3 on Hot 100 Airplay (103 million, up 16%) and climbing 3-2 on Hot Digital Songs (257,000, down 3%). With its latest sales frame, "Payphone" has passed 2 million in download sales to date (2.2 million). The song holds at No. 3 on On-Demand Songs (913,000, down 6%).

fun.'s former six-week Hot 100 No. 1 "We Are Young," featuring Janelle Monae, maintains its No. 4 rank on the Hot 100, while Nicki Minaj's "Starships" stays grounded again at its No. 5 peak to date. One Direction's former No. 4 hit "What Makes You Beautiful" reverses course 7-6, trading places with Flo Rida's "Wild Ones," featuring Sia (6-7).

Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend," which reached No. 2 on the Hot 100 upon its debut nine weeks ago, edges 9-8. Below Rihanna's "Been" at No. 9, the Wanted's No. 3-peaking "Glad You Came" descends 8-10.

Check billboard.biz tomorrow (June 7), when all rankings, including the Hot 100, Hot Digital Songs, Hot 100 Airplay and On-Demand Songs, will be refreshed, as they are each Thursday.

She got this next week

Delio

One of these is not like the other, one of these do no belong

Code:
|  PSV  |      7,551  |      6,675  |    277,686  |     717,671  |
------------------------------------------------------------------

vI4gJ.gif

tumblr_m56e9pSh5Q1rux0u3o1_500.gif

Trigger

One of these is not like the other, one of these do no belong

Code:
|  PSV  |      7,551  |      6,675  |    277,686  |     717,671  |
------------------------------------------------------------------

68yGz.gif

Mau ®

I like how PhonHO keeps fonting the Vita at us as if it means anything to any of us (besides Trigger).

I've noticed he's been pressed more lately. Probably because of the MASSIVE and UNDENIABLE "The Last of Us" slayage.

B-Dex

alexander-skarsgard-20100127-559819.jpg

OMG gurls, Alexander Skarsgard is the new face of Calvin Klein.... I can't wait for the ads.

Underwear ones I mean.

Yes what is with all this Vita touting like it's DOING anything.

Well, we do occasionally talk about irrelevant topics... like Xtincta and Janet i here. But stanning does require a few punching bangs to make fun and keep us entertained. Vita is just one of those. Plus we are safe from getting banded in here to a point.

What is that hideous wax figure ^^^ GROSS.

Bladenic

Phono really has been extra pressed. Must have the ban driving him crazy so he's unleashing his pent up frustration all at once. Shame.

Also I always chuckle at that 1D gif hahaha.

LOL MDNA a flop??

MDNA is the flop Xtincta would dream to have. Isn't it on the top 5 best selling albums this year. What a flop. I hope Madonna flops this hard for the next 10 years if that's the case.

Litter monsturds on tweeter? Someone take the electronics away from them children before they learn to do something useful with them, like say make their faves more relevant instead of bullying on original artists.

I guess they need something to do while they fevrently await for Mommy Bigturd's tweet announcement of when she's gonna fart next.

Bladenic

LOL MDNA a flop??

MDNA is the flop Xtincta would dream to have. Isn't it on the top 5 best selling albums this year. What a flop. I hope Madonna flops this hard for the next 10 years if that's the case.

Litter monsturds on tweeter? Someone take the electronics away from them children before they learn to do something useful with them, like say make their faves more relevant instead of bullying on original artists.

I guess they need something to do while they fevrently await for Mommy Bigturd's tweet announcement of when she's gonna fart next.

Don't delude yourself. Even if it is in the top 5 selling albums of the year it's only because of the extremely sad state of album sales everywhere in the world and the relatively muted releases so far this year. The album is an enormous flop in the US, would be even bigger flop if she didn't offer the album with purchases of her tour tickets.

Trigger

LOL MDNA a flop??

QFEGX.gif

Styles

Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone, don't you think I was too young to be mess with? STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE

tumblr_m3mvolfHWM1qegxs3o1_250.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
Holy shit guys, new music.

Bebe Black - Deathwish

She's done work with Benga before apparently. Her voice is very Elly Jackson (of La Roux), with a hint of Florence, and the arrangement definitely reminds me of something F+tM would have.

It's really good. I love her voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom