• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Apparently Xtina is working with Xenomania (Girls Aloud, Florrie, Annie) for her next album. WHAT?

ONTD

bwFAw.gif

This could be very good or terrible.

royalan

I will refrain from getting too hyped. She worked with some interesting producers on Bionic as well...

And the result was a great album. Get into it.

Anyway...Beth Ditto being in the same studio as my Queen. I can't. So flawless. AND SHE'S AN XTINA STAN!

Beth: Florrie was there, Annie was there. That’s when Nathan and I were there anyway. And there were some other people that I don’t remember. I think they were up and coming people. But they were like ‘oh in a week Christina Aguilera’s coming in’ and I was like ‘please let me stay here’.
BLIMEY.

More Sia ballads - Flawless.

Xenomania - My Queen always knows how to keep it fresh and unique.

Sandy Vee - Responsible for Rihanna's "Only Girl (In the World)" and Kelly Rowland's "Commander" so get ready to hear some STRONG CLUB BELTS!

Le Tigre - When could your fave.

All bias aside, I'm LOVING this list of producers and songwriters. I love that Queentina is unafraid to challenge herself and work with multiple and varied producers EQUALLY instead of sitting on the sidelines like a little girl while one producer crafts her entire album. I do hope she gets together for Linda Perry for atleast one song, though. I always enjoy their stuff together.

I can't. fucking. wait.

royalan

Sounds like another vile and unfocused piece of SHIT.

No sweetie. That's what it's called when certain pretentious singers try to take full creative control of their albums when they can barely write a decent 16 bars in the first place.

Bionic may have been a bit unfocused, but I think she's aware of that. Doesn't mean I would want her to change what she does. Just fine-tune it. Because to a certain point I loved the variety of Bionic. Much better than an album filled with the same stale sound.

If she combines all this varied production with a central theme (which Bionic admittedly didn't have much of), I think it'll go over a lot better. But I'd NEVER want her to give me an ENTIRE album of Max Martin or Fernando Garibay shit...

Mau ®

Im sorry. Royalan fonting about Xtina's creative control and originality?

I.FUCKING.CANT.

You do know they set up a writing camp (with Xtina excluded) for this upcoming flop? How very Rihanna & Britney of her.

And now she's working with their producers and songwriters as well?

TRULY ORIGINAL

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

royalan

LOL - bitch I see you trying to clock me!

To be fair I was still riding on the high of the last minute of "Marry The Night" (which is still pretty damn awesome, I won't hate). And I even noted in that post that MTN is on a completely different level from the rest of the album.

But I couldn't stomach an entire album of his production. Just like I eventually couldn't stomach repeat listens of Born This Way.

Classic Pop albums where all or most of the tracks are contributed from an artist's studio time with a single producer/group are possible, but to me they're like diamonds in the rough.

Mariah Carey / Jermaine Dupri - Emancipation of Mimi

Janet Jackson / Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis - Control

Christina Aguilera / Scott Storch (before he completely fell off) - Stripped

botty

Banned

I.FUCKING.CANT.

You do know they set up a writing camp (with Xtina excluded) for this upcoming flop? How very Rihanna & Britney of her.

TRULY ORIGINAL

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

Remember what happened the last time Rihanna flaunted her "originality"?

A2KCG.jpg

#mess

tumblr_lwf2h0mibV1qkaxrxo1_500.gif

Mau ®

Remember what happened the last time Rihanna flaunted her "originality"?

http://i.imgur.com/A2KCG.jpg[IMG]

#[B]mess[/B]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwf2h0mibV1qkaxrxo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Im not exactly sure what you're trying to get at here tho.

Did we claim the performance was original or something?

We're talking your FAVE here. Try to stay on topic, baboon.

royalan

I.FUCKING.CANT.

TRULY ORIGINAL

#ICANT at you shading your own unoriginal fave here.

Anyway, I thought you were Second for a moment because this was a Second-rate attempt at dragging.

"Writing Camps" are common in Pop (even in Rock). Producers/Writers do them all the time to shop themselves to artists. Usually to give the artist a taste of their current production style. Then the artist comes in and provides their own input, sometimes even with their own songs. It's also up to the artists to ultimately choose which producers to work with, what songs to record, whether or not to change them, and what will be on the final track listing (although sometimes labels override this last bit).

The mere existence of writing camps does nothing to discredit an artist's talent or originality. Hell, Clive Davis told a story at Whitney Houston's funeral about how they would stay up at alll hours of the night going over material submitted to her by producers.

SO NEXT!

botty

Banned
#ICANT at you shading your own unoriginal fave here.

Anyway, I thought you were Second for a moment because this was a Second-rate attempt at dragging.

"Writing Camps" are common in Pop (even in Rock). Producers/Writers do them all the time to shop themselves to artists. Usually to give the artist a taste of their current production style. Then the artist comes in and provides their own input, sometimes even with their own songs. It's also up to the artists to ultimately choose which producers to work with, what songs to record, whether or not to change them, and what will be on the final track listing (although sometimes labels override this last bit).

The mere existence of writing camps does nothing to discredit an artist's talent or originality. Hell, Clive Davis told a story at Whitney Houston's funeral about how they would stay up at alll hours of the night going over material submitted to her by producers.

SO NEXT!

#Cookedt

iRoNUte9vHOpb.gif

Mau ®

Funny. She's never set up a writing camp BEFORE. Bionic was just the start of her not writing a lot of her material.

Dont be surprised if this "introspective" album of hers turns out into a Talk That Talk/Femme Fatale knockoff tbh. I mean, she's already working with RIHALLA AND BRITNEY'S PRODUCERS, who will give her SECOND-RATE material since she's just a SECOND FIDDLE to the REAL POP GURLS.

royalan

Funny. She's never set up a writing camp BEFORE. Bionic was just the start of her not writing a lot of her material.

Dont be surprised if this "introspective" album of hers turns out into a Talk That Talk/Femme Fatale knockoff tbh. I mean, she's already working with RIHALLA AND BRITNEY'S PRODUCERS, who will give her SECOND-RATE material since she's just a SECOND FIDDLE to the REAL POP GURLS.

Oh, I wasn't aware the Rihanna and Britney ever worked with Xenomania (besides that one song Brit turned down), Sia, Linda Perry, Le Tigre, etc...

Oh? You forgot to verify those receipts? Thought so.

Writing camps aren't at all uncommon. Even for artists that contribute to their albums, and with Xtina having worked on this album since last year, and still recording tracks even after the writing camp (which took place in 2011) ended, it's safe to say she'll have a lot of creative input.

It was also a letter she wrote to the group detailing exactly what she wanted the songs to be about, the tone of the album, etc., that was inspiration for that camp.
It's not like she accepted whatever tracks were left at her front door. That's your fave, boo. :)

Finally, where are you getting this idea that Christina Aguilera has no creative input in her music? She co-wrote ALL BUT 2 of the songs on her last album (which had 17 tracks). And, unlike some people, she's yet to be sued for stealing other people's songs or being otherwise unfairly credited.

I've gotta admit, Ke$ha has grown on me, much like a wart/mold/brain parasite/whatever. I think I've finally come around to the opinion that she's some sort of marketing genius whose complete grossness and apparent lack of shame is some sort of postmodern anthropological experiment. I still don't know almost anything about her music, but maybe that's a good thing.

HBUqK.gif

I've gotta admit, Ke$ha has grown on me, much like a wart/mold/brain parasite/whatever. I think I've finally come around to the opinion that she's some sort of marketing genius whose complete grossness and apparent lack of shame is some sort of postmodern anthropological experiment. I still don't know almost anything about her music, but maybe that's a good thing.

HBUqK.gif

She hasn't said or done anything controversial, and she hasn't been overexposed in the media as of now. That's why the general trend is not to hate her.

But you just wait until she releases a new album, has a hit single, and her stans on the interwebs start pimping her stuff 24/7 on your favorite sites. "Kesha is better than your fave". BOOOM. You'll all go back to hating her. Stanning is a contest after all, and once your own fave gets called out, the others' faves have to be wig snatched. :p

Her music is unpretentious pop fodder. That's why I like it/her.

Majmun

I love WHYB. Been playing it non-stop since TTT came out. And Princess of China is amazing too. Take Care is also amazing.

Rihanna is killing it

aINFj.gif

Bladenic

I love WHYB. Been playing it non-stop since TTT came out. And Princess of China is amazing too. Take Care is also amazing.

Rihanna is killing it

aINFj.gif

Agreed. LOVED Talk that Talk, a shame it wasn't a bigger hit. Take Care was on non-stop replay for a long time after Drake's album came out. Praise RihAllah.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Rihanna is killing it

http://i.imgur.com/aINFj.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Chris25, post: 38674925"]Agreed. LOVED Talk that Talk, a shame it wasn't a bigger hit. Take Care was on non-stop replay for a long time after Drake's album came out. Praise RihAllah.[/QUOTE]

Flawless taste, tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom