• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I am not so sober right now but this Demi song is giving me life

http://youtu.be/1zfzka5VwRc

let me stan
iDQqu0l4rhzku.gif

You know, I find it so funny that you seem to be near-exclusively coming after Xtina these days (her chart performance in particular) when your fave, avatar and namesake is a person who is part of a prestigious group of CHICKS WHO HAVE FLOPPED HARDER.

#WhereisGlassheart2012

#Whereareheralbumsales

#WhereareherALBUMSperiod

#WhereareherPEOPLEWHOGIVEASHIT

#WhereisherRELAVANCE

ibvlqo4vdgnicyeryv2.gif
Leona's been gone for a while, but she's been crafting her next MASTERWORK while Xtincta struggles to retain any semblance of relevance (despite judging on NBC's only saving grace) and scrambles to put together yet another unfocused turd of an album with a comically desperate, dartboard-esque selection of the industry's current producer elite.

Yet no matter the quality and record of the players involved, her presence will ensure floppedt galore.

1. Show me the Leona album that has sold less than 2 million copies worldwide.

2. Show me the Leona album whose second single wasn't even able to chart on the Top 100 of her home country.

3. Show me the Leona album that even the MTV Movie Awards, Today Show, American Idol, and Oprah couldn't provide with the breath of life.

4. Show me the Leona album that singlehandedly canned its entire accompanying tour.

And then we can talk m'kay?

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

Mau ®

Leona #clockedT the Xtincta stans.

It must suck to have the STAIN the SIZE OF THE OIL LEAK IN THE MEXICAN GULF known as BIONIC. Im afraid that shit is gonna stay with you guys forever

Until the next flop lol lol lol

royalan

Leona's been gone for a while, but she's been crafting her next MASTERWORK while Xtincta struggles to retain any semblance of relevance (despite judging on NBC's only saving grace) and scrambles to put together yet another unfocused turd of an album with a comically desperate, dartboard-esque selection of the industry's current producer elite.

So much false tea here I don't even know where to start:

Any semblance of relevance - Gurl, she's on a MAJOR AMERICAN NETWORK'S HIGHEST RATED SHOW, and paid 10 MILLION to judge lessers on a stage similar to the one on which your fave stood. She was also featured on a #1 single in the past year. If that's "struggling to retain any semblance of relevance" then what does that say about your fave? She's about as relevant as Miley Cyrus at the BET Awards.

Industry's Current Producer Elite - Ch...Yes, Christina's working with some production big-wigs like Max Martin, but she has NEVER relied on them. Le Tigre, Sia...as talented as these people are they are NOT the "producer elite." Outside of "Wild Ones" Sia is a small player in the global production market, and Le Tigre hasn't even put out an album in years. Yet these are some of Christina's long-time collaborators not because of their global popularity, but because she appreciates their talent and what they stand for closely meshes with her own beliefs. Sia for her tender balladry that Christina really wanted to incorporate into her own evolving style, and Le Tigre for the strong sense of female empowerment in their music and production. Christina is known for looking to lesser-known producers to help realize her vision.

Meanwhile, Leona hasn't even been enough of a PRESENSE in this damn industry to develop those kinds of connections and musical sense-of-self. What's she gonna do? Hit us over the head with yet another boring-ass Ryan Tedder ballad?

1. Show me the Leona album that has sold less than 2 million copies worldwide.

2. Show me the Leona album whose second single wasn't even able to chart on the Top 100 of her home country.

3. Show me the Leona album that even the MTV Movie Awards, Today Show, American Idol, and Oprah couldn't provide with the breath of life.

4. Show me the Leona album that singlehandedly canned its entire accompanying tour.

And then we can talk m'kay?

Boo, it's quite telling that the only shade you can throw at Christina is from ONE ALBUM from an era that ended 2 years ago. An album that only makes up 1/6 of her career output. An album that she has followed up with starring in a movie (that flopped but hell when has YOUR fave?) that earned her a Golden Globe nomination. An album that was followed with a stint on a popular television show and a #1 single.

Continue gloating over your fave doing a measly double platinum on an album that encompasses HALF OF HER TOTAL CAREER OUTPUT.

Hell, we could completely strike Bionic and everything Christina has done since from the record and she'd STILL ECLIPSE YOUR FAVE.

Face it: Bionic is OVER. OVER Boo. Meanwhile, what's your chick done since the critically under-performing Echo?
You can't win this with Leona. You just can't. Every way you claim my fave to be a flop, LEONA'S FLOPPED EVEN HARDER.

Doa8N.gif

Mau ®

SHADE TOWARDS XTINCTA AT X-FACTOR

Britney.com ‏@RealBRITannica
Girl: "I want to be as big as Christina Aguilera." @LA_Reid: "Well, you know Britney Spears is bigger?" (The look on B's face, priceless.)

The decade old tea IS STILL BEING SPILLED!!! And it still tastes as good as 10 years ago!! Where they do that at?!

Meanwhile Brit on Day 2

Demi_jelly.jpg

THE QUEEN OF HEARTS

tumblr_m5db5fY9M11qhgj0co1_500.png

Koodo

Banned
MAJOR AMERICAN NETWORK'S HIGHEST RATED SHOW
Trying to clock while spreading LIES?

*emphasis on trying

THE NOISE was punched out of the #1 ratings spot by AMERICAN IDOL, dear. This despite THE NOISE'S enormous, Superbowl-fueled premiere ratings.

THE NOISE was actually nearly PUNCHED OUT of the TOP 10 rated shows during its last few weeks (its result show actually FELL OUTSIDE). Who knows how low it would have further dipped had it not ENDED?

Actually, I guess we'll know the answer this FALL, as NBC (the worst network) makes yet another COMPROMISINGLY STUPID decision in over-saturating its only saving grace. PERHAPS a miracle will happen and both SHOW and NETWORK will fall into the abyss of bankruptcy and DISAPPEAR. Jay Leno and Xtincta on the same payroll; not sure how the foundations at the headquarters haven't eroded after being exposed to so much VILE.

iRlzHrqx22mig.gif

Koodo

Banned
I'm starting to think ITZ abandoned the light of Godney in favor of the Caribbean yeast infection.

What a traitorous [obscene word].

royalan

Trying to clock while spreading LIES?

*emphasis on trying

THE NOISE was punched out of the #1 ratings spot by AMERICAN IDOL, dear. This despite THE NOISE'S enormous, Superbowl-fueled premiere ratings.

THE NOISE was actually nearly PUNCHED OUT of the TOP 10 rated shows during its last few weeks (its result show actually FELL OUTSIDE). Who knows how low it would have further dipped had it not ENDED?

Actually, I guess we'll know the answer this FALL, as NBC (the worst network) makes yet another COMPROMISINGLY STUPID decision in over-saturating its only saving grace. PERHAPS a miracle will happen and both SHOW and NETWORK will fall into the abyss of bankruptcy and DISAPPEAR. Jay Leno and Xtincta on the same payroll; not sure how the foundations at the headquarters haven't eroded after being exposed to so much VILE.

3sNY1.gif

You hoes have really got to try harder than this.

You're so DESPERATE to rack up XTINA SHADE that you're creating your own rubric, Koo. Fortunate that it doesn't matter.

First off, you create the illusion of a "Top 10" existing in TV ratings, when in fact YOUR OWN RECEIPTS acknowledge a TOP 25. Hell, even if your receipts only cared about the Top 10 it wouldn't matter, because THE VOICE still comes in at #7 for its Performance Show.

AND ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN RECEIPTS IT'S STILL THE TOP-RATED SHOW FOR NBC. SO WHERE DID I LIE? Way to skirt the point. Or are you just struggling to create a foundation of deceit since, you know, after all this time of shading Christina for doing Reality TV your fave went and did a show herself? I know that has to hurt, Koo, but there's no need for lies. The Voice is a rare success for NBC, and it's in large part thanks to Christina. Sorry.

Meanwhile, here's some TRUE TEA for you:

The VOICE Finale Ratings Up 16% From Last Year's Finale (which also makes it the leader in the 18-49 demographic for its timeblock)

Koodo

Banned
Fortunate that it doesn't matter.
Execs at NBC think OTHERWISE, considering they've already GREENLIT a new singing show in hopes of re-claiming a sliver of SUCCESS.

On top of THE NOISE itself receiving significant OVERHAULS.

First off, you create the illusion of a "Top 10" existing in TV ratings, when in fact YOUR OWN RECEIPTS acknowledge a TOP 25.
Blissfully ignoring the fact that TOP 10s are a COMMON METRIC across all mediums. Here's NIELSEN stating a TOP 10.

Are TOP 10s in the BILLBOARD HOT 100 an "illusion" because there are more positions? Perhaps you FORGOT, considering Xtincta has not graced the TOP 10 in nearly a DECADE.

Hell, even if your receipts only cared about the Top 10 it wouldn't matter, because THE VOICE still comes in at #7 for its Performance Show.
As I noted and addressed. Next.

AND ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN RECEIPTS IT'S STILL THE TOP-RATED SHOW FOR NBC. SO WHERE DID I LIE?
What a CONVENIENT caveat, but OOPS. Let me rephrase, THEN:

What a tragic semblance of RELEVANCE that Xtincta should appear in the highest rated show of a FAILURE NETWORK.

Just earlier this year were the floor wetters airing their meat curtains in the wind over THE NOISE being THE top rated show; forced yet again to LOWER their STANDARDS.

Or are you just struggling to create a foundation of deceit since, you know, after all this time of shading Christina for doing Reality TV your fave went and did a show herself?
The sting wore off as soon as the RECORD-BREAKING paycheque was announced. One can only wonder how many doses of XANAX The Failure had to take that night to fall asleep.

Who dragged GODNEY into this, by the way?

The Voice is a rare success for NBC, and it's in large part thanks to Christina.
A bout of delusion, considering ADAM LEVINE was the one getting the GIRLS' PANTIES in a BUNCH. I know you're QUITE AWARE of WHO watches these shows.

Meanwhile, here's some TRUE TEA for you:

The VOICE Finale Ratings Up 16% From Last Year's Finale (which also makes it the leader in the 18-49 demographic for its timeblock)
Yet another misinformed RECEIPT. The ratings were a sign of DISTRESS, considering viewership in the SUMMER is around 32% SMALLER. The Noise's partly rise was BELOW the expected RISE in viewership.

How did the BIEBER-LESS final performance night perform, by the way? BELOW Season 1's numbers. As did both performance and result shows in multiple preceding weeks.

Anything else I should address?

ibpw1swRONuG5n.gif

royalan

Anything else I should address?

ibpw1swRONuG5n.gif
Yes. My actual points.

Is NBC still a major American network? YES

Is The Voice their most popular show. YES

Is my original point that you attempted to clock as lies actually a lie at all? NO

But go ahead, keep going with your spin. It just makes you seem all the more pressed, Dear. Spewing nothing but, ironically, NOISE.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Is having a number one show on a failure of a network a 'success'? I liken The Noise to an Olympic athletes competing in a high school track meet.

Majmun

As much as I like Leona, her last album was definitely a flop. Even singles from FFXIII and Avatar couldn't help Leona crawl out of the flop territory. Even the awesome Collide was a flop.

Very looking forward to her next album, though.

Kyon

Banned
That's counts for every stan. Let's be serious here.

Even at her LOWEST POINT in her life my fave was never a FLOP so no. It doesn't APPLY. Unless you wanna count those years in the US she was BLACKLISTED from radio.. But we won't go there cause that was out of her hands

As much as I like Leona, her last album was definitely a flop. Even singles from FFXIII and Avatar couldn't help Leona crawl out of the flop territory. Even the awesome Collide was a flop.

Very looking forward to her next album, though.

Darling... how MISINIFORMED can you be? NONE of those songs were singles for that album..... My Hands is the only song even on the ALBUM.

Nemesis_

iDQqu0l4rhzku.gif

PREACH SIS. Has Britney even had a flop? My standom is not as INTENSE but I can't remember there being one >_>

That reminds me your DD PAWN is GOD-LIKE and pretty much CARRYING ME THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME.

Mau ®

The BUBONIC era will forever be remembered. A pop history case study will be made. All of our faves "flop" eras had something going for it...

ALBUM SALES= 4 sold quite well

HIT SINGLES= Even Rated R had hits, including 5 week #1 twerk classic Rude Boy

TOUR= Even fookin' Ciara toured her flop albums.

What did BUBONIC have? NADA. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Kyon

Banned
iDQqu0l4rhzku.gif

PREACH SIS. Has Britney even had a flop? My standom is not as INTENSE but I can't remember there being one >_>

That reminds me your DD PAWN is GOD-LIKE and pretty much CARRYING ME THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME.

Not a flop but a DECLINE in album sales. Though its not really an issue considering her albums are normally released Christmas holiday which FF wasn't but still managed 2mill+ WW. Even her only "flop" album Blackout went Platinum. She really can't be bothered. She is BLESSEDT

EDIT: Yass my pawn is everything tbh

Peru

Rated R and Blackout, both floppish albums that are incidentally also the best, both followed by safer, more boring campaigns that made the artists chart toppers again. Sad truth.

Mau ®

Even if Femme Fatale saw a decrease in sales it made it up with the # of hits that era had.

GODNEY has never had as many hits in one era as she had with FF.

The Holy Spearit stays BLESSED.

Kyon

Banned
Rated R and Blackout, both floppish albums that are incidentally also the best, both followed by safer, more boring campaigns that made the artists chart toppers again. Sad truth.

Well Blackout almost debuted at #1 before BB changed their rules so it was #2 #pressed and hun Gimme More was an instant number 1. Godney is ONLY familiar with the top of the CHARTS. Even RihSUS only knows the top of the singles charts. Did Rated R not produce number 1 songs?

Even then Godney REMAINS at the TOP of the FOOD CHAIN and your FAVES as she IS the highest selling female artist of the DECADE :)

EDIT: I'm not trying to drag you btw just INFORMING you lol

botty

Banned
Bionic (and all shady variations) is probably the most used word in this thread. How curiously repetitive. Not surprising since most of you stan for repetitive copy-cat trash.

rhobh-cam-judging.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bionic (and all shady variations) is probably the most used word in this thread. How curiously repetitive. Not surprising since most of you stan for repetitive copy-cat trash.

rhobh-cam-judging.gif
Bionic is the flop of the decade. It's a warning sign to all the other pop stars that it's quite easy to become more basic than you already are.

Kyon

Banned

rhobh-cam-judging.gif

I actually wasn't trying to drag Xtina as I like her. Someone TRIED dragging my faves into that BUBBLE and I corrected the ERROR.

Peru

Well Blackout almost debuted at #1 before BB changed their rules so it was #2 #pressed and hun Gimme More was an instant number 1. Godney is ONLY familiar with the top of the CHARTS. Even RihSUS only knows the top of the singles charts. Did Rated R not produce number 1 songs?

Even then Godney REMAINS at the TOP of the FOOD CHAIN and your FAVES as she IS the highest selling female artist of the DECADE :)

EDIT: I'm not trying to drag you btw just INFORMING you lol

They were successes by most standards of course, but definitely sold less than their other albums and the disappointing part is the two didn't stay with that sound or style but reverted back to something less unique (not that both haven't had great tunes since that ofc).

Kyon

Banned
They were successes by most standards of course, but definitely sold less than their other albums and the disappointing part is the two didn't stay with that sound or style but reverted back to something less unique (not that both haven't had great tunes since that ofc).

Rih and Brit went through those TIMES in their lives. I don't want them sticking to those experimental sounds tho. One should always try new sounds. Plus Godney introduced DUBSTEP into pop/mainstream with Blackout as she is the LEADER in TRENDS when it comes to pop music so Blackout already did what it needed to do.

EDIT: A Bloodshy & Avant Executive Produced Britney album tho>>>>>>>>>>>

Mau ®

Of all the hoz in the pop game, the #Navi is most certainly not bothered by THE FAILURE.

The LITTLE PERIODS are everybody's bitches tbh. This thread is a fine example of this. It's not surprising, since their FAVE has been SOMEBODY'S BITCH for well over a decade.

tumblr_lggtzvpGkk1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom