• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I like that Bieber is trying to gradually change into a more mature artist. If it leads to Futuresex/Lovesounds 2.0 then you won't hear me complaining.

Where's Lauryn these days?

Dealing with tax troubles I'm afraid. You certainly won't see me pretend that she's not struggling.

zuH8t.gif

Kyon

Banned
ACTUALLY...... her hands werent even behind her ass it was her trying to see if that girl wanted an autograph or something, its the camera angle that makes it look like that. But........ lets just pretend she's actually doing it because the gif is amazing

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli...rvista_madonna-37028015/index.html?ref=search
Speaking of Lady Gaga cast a chill in the room. Her agent plies: "It isn't better talking about the tour or about the album?"

Is Lady GaGa a threat or only another temporary "spice girl"?

She closes her eyes, takes a long breath, holds her breath. She invokes who knows which kind of saints or demons to keep her self control: "She is an artist with a great, high level of talent.".

If you dont want to talk about Gaga then maybe you shouldn't dedicate a part of your tour to her
and yes we all know Gaga is talented
ibfuv4fUKpxksR.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think people need to stop asking Madonna about Gaga to be honest. We know how she feels. Constantly asking her does't get us any new info and just pisses Madge off.

I'm fine with Madge getting pissed off about it. She handled things terribly from the "reductive" statement to the mashup shade and it was completely unwarranted. I love Madonna with all my heart but she's pretty much asking for it really.

tumblr_lxim12jlSX1qb3sgjo2_250.gif

How does Pop-GAF feel about Wynter Gordon?

I don't really pay much attention to her, but I just saw the video for this song and I admit I kinda love it.

I feel pretty much the same I did last year. I brought her up in a one-hit wonders post in September, and after Larson Conway brought her up again I expanded on my thoughts.

She's not bad as a pop product, but the people behind her have been trying really, really hard to make her some sort of iconic figure for too long. When you only have a few club hits to your name, it's time to get chummy with people in the industry (hint hint), guest on bigger stars' songs, tour like crazy, and/or ingratiate yourself to the gays. She's just been terribly mismanaged.

Also

Happy birthday Robyn!!

May you live to judge the lessers for another 400 years.

QrKpe.gif

Majmun

She closes her eyes, takes a long breath, holds her breath. She invokes who knows which kind of saints or demons to keep her self control

Sounds like the Hag had a stroke

ibfuv4fUKpxksR.gif

And congrats to Robyn

wUV07.gif

Trigger

New (good) music in the POP-GAF thread and no cattiness? This page is going places.

I'm fine with Madge getting pissed off about it. She handled things terribly from the "reductive" statement to the mashup shade and it was completely unwarranted. I love Madonna with all my heart but she's pretty much asking for it really.

Indeed. Madge kicked up the dust on that drama. It's beneath both of them honestly.

Nemesis_

I think people need to stop asking Madonna about Gaga to be honest. We know how she feels. Constantly asking her does't get us any new info and just pisses Madge off.

Well yes, this is true, but at the same time I think everyone was done asking her. Then she went and did what she did with the tour. So it's okay for MADONNA to go ahead and do that and then expect nobody to ask her about it?

iblzMsYeaEs0fu.gif

tumblr_lxim12jlSX1qb3sgjo2_250.gif

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I mean, really, what did she expect when she decided to sing Born This Way at her fucking tour ?

It's even worse when you consider that this whole EXPRESS YOURSELF / BORN THIS WAY controversy crap happened almost a WHOLE YEAR ago and yet she DRUDGES IT BACK UP now?

iGP8TSCPCEV1a.gif

Sounds like the Hag had a stroke

ibfuv4fUKpxksR.gif

Esb7E.gif

I mean, yes, I am a Gaga stan. But I'm an EMERGENT MADONNA STAN too but sometimes I can't help but think the way conducts herself is CHILDISH which is ironic because as an artist she has a history and a legacy that does not really warrant such behaviour. I don't really know how to feel about Gaga actually hitting back, but I suppose after hearing about it you might get a little bit upset but then again it would've been a STRONGER and BOLDER move for her to just remain quiet. I will admit while she goes on about how much of a dick move it was, her mentioning it and then saying BUT WE SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT does come off as contradictory though if we consider what she has said, it has been much classier than what it could've been.

EVERYONE SHOULD JUST BE FRIENDS

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Lady Gaga Snags Vogue‘s Coveted 2012 September Issue Cover

For Vogue, Lady Gaga is twice as nice.

According to WWD, Mother Monster is set to land her second Vogue cover, this time for the all-important September issue. Our sources confirm that it does indeed look like Gaga is good for the cover, and that this will be a wide shot, the better to show off that toned bod, and purple (a big color for fall) features prominently. Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott reportedly photographed the cover and accompanying editorial.

Despite Gaga’s tendency towards wardrobe malfunctions and platform-induced tumbles, the pop star is actually a pretty safe choice for Vogue. Gaga’s March 2011 cover was the second best-selling issue of Vogue last year, so the fashion bible is undoubtedly hoping for a repeat performance. Last year’s September issue featured another old heavy-hitting Vogue fave, Kate Moss.

The cover makes sense for camp Gaga, too. She’s set to release her first fragrance–you know, the one that will have undertones of blood and semen–this fall. And even if Gaga hasn’t been making headlines lately she still has over 25 million followers on Twitter–surely some of them will pick up her issue on newsstands.

That impact. She coming back to dominate this fall

Nemesis_

Why is the September issue a big deal? >_>

Also INTERESTING that the fashion photographers who shot the GIRL GONE WILD clip photographed her for VOGUE.

royalan

still to this day not here for celebrities on High Fashion covers. But #Queen

ibfuv4fUKpxksR.gif

I agree, Sis. But the Age of The Super Model is over...they're all gone ;_;

Why is the September issue a big deal? >_>

Also INTERESTING that the fashion photographers who shot the GIRL GONE WILD clip photographed her for VOGUE.

Vogue's September issue is their big yearly fashion issue. It usually ends up being about 3 times the size of a normal issue and features every mover-and-shaker in the biz that year. For a designer, being featured in the September issue is pretty much a green-lighting of your legitimacy as a designer and is a huge honor (or it used to be). And models used to have their careers made off of scoring the cover.

But now it's just another celebrity parade.

royalan

Looks like Rihanna is chasing that peen again

now we know why she canceled her UK trip
iARW347xX42JF.gif

I'm sorry, but Rihanna is a fucking idiot acting so damn thirsty over CHRIS BROWN.

First he whoops your ass.

Then you forgive him despite the fact that he's only become more of a d-bag.

Then you're so #PRESSEDT over his new girlfriend that you diss her (and her ethnicity)in song and via twitter.

Then Chris puts out a diss record, basically calling you the Whore of Babylon. You unfollow him.

And now, after ALL THAT, you still want some of that rancid dick?

What kind of despicable, low-down, no-esteem-havin, dumbass wreck of a mess...?

Any news on Katy Perra? She hasn't released a video I can fap to since California Girls. Looking forward to seeing what the next one is like. Part Of Me had her in way too many clothes...

after my picture fades

and darkness has turned to gray

watching through windows

you're wondering

if I'm OK

secrets stolen

from deep inside

The drum beats out of time ~

05t3w.gif

New Pet Shop Boys album coming up in September! First single: "Invisible"

The single isn't doing much for me, but I've been waiting for more news since... February? January? I forget when the album was announced. Either way, it's good news.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Looks like Rihanna is chasing that peen again

now we know why she canceled her UK trip
http://i.minus.com/iARW347xX42JF.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ed2305b7.png at TMZ making up stories.

He went to the club with his gf/jumpoff and Rih was there also. The media stays trying to keep this mess going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom