• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ne-Yo POP? Regardless, right now he will be considered POP and relevant to OUR INTERESTS.

ne-yo.jpg

No thanks.

Why? It probably won't do as great as Loose, but it will probably do around the same levels as Whoa Nelly! and Folklore and Mi Plan.

That's really not a disaster.

It's her first English language album in SIX YEARS and Big Hoops was the best she could MUSTER. Doesn't leave me with much confidence, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because I absolutely adored Loose.

BIG HOOPS on the OTHER HAND...

Wilsongt

It's her first English language album in SIX YEARS and Big Hoops was the best she could MUSTER. Doesn't leave me with much confidence, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because I absolutely adored Loose.

BIG HOOPS on the OTHER HAND...

Powerless wasn't that great of a lead off song with Folklore... But the album was still quality and had many great songs on it.

Wilsongt

More for me. *.*

I believe after Loose we are looking for quality rather than charting potential.

Not that she has either right now.

Don't worry. Glee will just grab a song off of the new album, make it their own, and it'll chart higher than the original.

Mau ®

Caca "beat" Beyonce? Hahahahahaha....

MEANWHILE, I see no mention of Rihanus in that article. Perhaps there is some separate list for MUSIC'S SEXIEST LIVESTOCK?

Actually Rihanna was #4 on the list, dumb baboon.
35.gif

Oh and she's Esquire's..

tumblr_lt2egpU9EX1qewmu6o3_500.gif

The way you keep #CLOCKING yourself must be a talent pHOno, just one that NOBODY WANTS!
2iq3xw.jpg

botty

Banned
Having done nothing original in her entire career, what type of iconic legacy will Rihanna leave on the industry?

I mean... even her spat with Chris Brown isn't as iconic as Ike & Tina. She'll definitely be in the record books, but I don't think people will understand why.

Mau ®

The Xtincta stan keeps fonting about LEGACY and shit.

You should worry about YOUR FAVE leaving anything in the industry other than BLOOD TRAILS.

botty

Banned
The Xtincta stan keeps fonting about LEGACY and shit.

You should worry about YOUR FAVE leaving anything in the industry other than BLOOD TRAILS.

How typical, trying to divert attention from Xtina's legendary career to the period thing... in which she slayed that Etta James song.

Mau ®

How typical, trying to divert attention from Xtina's legendary career to the period thing... in which she slayed that Etta James song.

Legendary career?

To be legendary people need to remember it. How could ANYONE remember Xtincta's SHIT body of work when she was CONSTANTLY OVERSHADOWED by Britney, Beyonce and GaGa in each of Xtincta's AWFUL eras?

Mau ®

Hun, Stripped was hardly original by the time it arrived. Xtincta stans like to cover up he fact that Alicia Keys, P!nk and Avril ( i know
okIAQ.gif
) were out doing the whole "be yourself" mature sound that was going on.

Xtincta was hardly the innovator.

BTW the Stripped era is hardly legendary. It only had ONE top 10 single. All others failed to reach the top 10. It was also OUTSOLD by the albums of the artists mentioned ABOVE. It was also outsold by Britney's THIRD ALBUM that had NO HITS in the US too.

Beautiful was BIG and it's legendary. Anything else... Sorry botty. #neaux1curr

botty

Banned
Hun, Stripped was hardly original by the time it arrived. Xtincta stans like to cover up he fact that Alicia Keys, P!nk and Avril ( i know
okIAQ.gif
) were out doing the whole "be yourself" mature sound that was going on.

Xtincta was hardly the innovator.

BTW the Stripped era is hardly legendary. It only had ONE top 10 single. All others failed to reach the top 10. It was also OUTSOLD by the albums of the artists mentioned ABOVE. It was also outsold by Britney's THIRD ALBUM that had NO HITS in the US too.

Beautiful was BIG and it's legendary. Anything else... Sorry botty. #neaux1curr

Stripped era is so multidimensional that you can't fit it into just one category.

Koodo

Banned
Considering their albums were released in the same year, I beg to differ. I'd also like to mention that Xtina was not influenced by "bubble gum" pop, and fought hard to step away from that imagine with the legendary Stripped era.
Except Baby One More Time (single) came out nearly a year prior to Xtincta's debut. Regardless of what she ended up doing later, RCA marketed Xtincta as a reaction to Godney's immediate cultural impact. Your fave likely would not have enjoyed a fleeting period of success if RCA hadn't chosen to send her head-first into the bubble gum pop scene, a market that was at its ZENITH of popularity due to Godney.

And since Stripped owes its existence to the preceding era...

THAT ASIDE, Blackout continues being the blueprint for nearly every mainstream electropop album, and the kickstarter of the current dubstep-lite trend; an album that helped prove the genre as a viable direction for mainstream acts. Countless others followed soon after, including your fave (yet again) to much detriment to her career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom